Please report all spam posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmine

Fiyero said:
I have read a few posts show distaste toward the topic, but I know many of them would rather have some kind of forum than none at all. As Oswald said, I would love to have a better forum too. I am all for a paid forum software if that is what the moderating team is looking for, which I believe is, as they have stated multiple times they are looking into new solutions.

I promise you, however, that no one is seeing the forum and is like "Oh no phpBB! I can't handle this software, I refuse to sign up!!" People are glad to have a way to get updates and discuss, which you can see through the 629 members and counting we currently have.

And about your comment that you know what you're talking about. I know what I'm talking about to. I've Administrated and Moderated on forums before, as well as run my own forums for a Minecraft server I worked on, which had about 300 members at it's peak. Trust me, I realize forum software and our online presence is very important, especially as we look to attract newer players to the site. However, as Oswald and others have stated time and time again, the game is what people want right now more than anything.

But like Kevin said, they're switching forum software soon, so there's not much to worry about :)
Yet again, not true. Why are you so sure about yourself being right? And yeah, they may sign up, but who says they'll stay? Where are those 3000 members OVMKF had, huh? Exactly. They know about the project, so why haven't they joined yet? Mhm.

Also, I never implied that you nor anyone else doesn't know what you're talking about ;), but that's not what we meant. A lot of people have administrated and/or moderated before, but unless you've actually owned many forums, have been a head administrator, have actually done research about them, or in general, just have years of experience, like I do, it's completely different :). Like for me, forums are actually a passion. I love vBulletin (and really just forums in general), so I can guarantee you it's different than your scenario. I don't really get what your experience (especially with a Minecraft server?) has to do with anything, but okay, thanks for telling me? I didn't even bring up my experience until you brought up yours, lol... I was simply saying I know what I'm talking about because I've seen this before. (I've seen and experienced quite a bit on forums, which is why I try to share my knowledge of running them with others.) It's a known fact that forums running on free forum software don't do as well as forums with paid software.

And yes, I agree; I'm glad they're switching software soon, but yet again, all I'm asking for is an update. What does "soon" mean? Which software are you thinking about? @Kevin, can you answer these questions?

And yet again, I agree that people want the game, but the point is, if they can't stand to stay on the forum, how are they going to get updates? I have a friend that joined, but she doesn't really come on. She finds phpbb confusing, and I don't blame her. That's my point, and I know that there are many others who feel the same way. That's precisely why there are only 600 or so members. That, and not to mention the whole drama with OVMK. I can guarantee you a lot of people won't play this game simply because they don't want the drama. These are extremely unusual circumstances. Under normal circumstances, forum software wouldn't mean this much, but in this case, it means as much as the game itself, especially since the game isn't even open yet. That's my point. But like I said, I'm done. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Oswald

I think you're misinterpreting us. We completely understand you're point of view, and get it, but right now they're working on the game. I'm sure the forum is kind of the second thing on their mind. Let's get the game up and going first before we decide what to do with the forum.

Jasmine

Oswald said:
I think you're misinterpreting us. We completely understand you're point of view, and get it, but right now they're working on the game. I'm sure the forum is kind of the second thing on their mind. Let's get the game up and going first before we decide what to do with the forum.
No, you just don't understand. It's okay though, you will eventually. (I know you think you understand, but you don't.)

Also, you guys seem to fail to remember that this game is up and running already... Yes, it needs a lot of work -- I'm not saying it doesn't --- but it's not like Amy was left with nothing, right?

And yet again, I'm done. (I hate when people have to learn the hard way, but that's not my choice.) I'd just like my questions answered, which you two cannot answer. :) So Kevin, if you see this, can you PM me? Or maybe I'll PM you...

Jess said:
Oswald said:
No, you just don't understand. It's okay though, you will eventually. (I know you think you understand, but you don't.)

Also, you guys seem to fail to remember that this game is up and running already... Yes, it needs a lot of work -- I'm not saying it doesn't --- but it's not like Amy was left with nothing, right?

And yet again, I'm done. (I hate when people have to learn the hard way, but that's not my choice.) I'd just like my questions answered, which you two cannot answer. :) So Kevin, if you see this, can you PM me? Or maybe I'll PM you...
I don't understand what this has to do with reporting spam posts, but I appreciate your efforts.

booglie

Kevin said:
booglie said:
I think I'd prefer any money that is going into MMK to be put towards the game servers, I'd rather have a smooth game and deal with a few bots than to have no bots and always getting DC or lag on the game
Most of my funding is actually being placed on servers. :)

Please know, we have it under control. and we will be switching software soon.

Also please keep this discussion a bit civil, i dont want to have to take any action...
I wasn't trying to come off as hostile :(

A

ABrighterFuture

Will do! I've already seen one and reported it.

This stuff happens to so many forums... I do know a guy that might be able to really help with this. If you're interested, please feel free to ask me.

Anyway, have a mystical day!

-Alex

candlelady

I received a spam says: This is strangely related to you.
Please eyes on me!
Smile with success,
Grace

anyone else receive this? I did not open the link and didn't want to post here just in case it was bad.

Haha I love how you say 'We will have a real announcement soon'. I think this is a pretty important one ;) Will help as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.