POLL: Economy and "Currency"

Are you happy with the "currency"/VMK economy? What "currency" do you use in game?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 60.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Credits

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • Firewalls

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Sprees

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Items through trading

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Keys/Sits

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Giftcards

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
Just some curiosity here!

Are you happy with VMK's economy and the "currency" use?

By currency, I mean how you obtain items. Do you use your credits, or perhaps firewalls? (other options are listed in the poll) Are you happy with all the types, or do some bother you and why?

By economy, I mean how things are priced and valued. Do you find things to be too expensive, or too cheap? Do you feel like you make enough credits, or too little? Do you like that some items are considered "rare", or not?

I would love to hear opinions and anything else you feel the need to say about this topic!​

acebatonfan

I feel like the MyVMK economy is turning into VFK's economy; there are a few items (eg. firewalls compared to VFK's Q magic and ice cream items) that are in very high demand, and most requested trades or trade values are based off those items. If you did not buy those items when they were initially sold, you will be paying an arm and a leg for them through trade because of the low supply (whether it is from people hoarding them or the items being on inactive accounts -I am guilty of hoarding 2 firewalls I purchased when they were on sale, even though I rarely go onto MyVMK).

In regards to currency, I do not trade. I purchase things when they are on sale instead of having to worry about finding the true value of an item and not getting ripped off by a greedy player (sadly, it is common in VFK). With the way credits are handed out, I am having difficulties keeping up with items on sale; I cannot play JC for ten hours a day, and I am lucky if I am able to go on MyVMK 1-2 times a week.

Quite frankly, I do not care if an item is rare or not. If I see a buyable item that I like, then I will purchase it. If I see a potential rare item but don't like it, then I'm not going to purchase it. Time can't be wasted worrying about the rarity of an item, especially when we know that items can go back on sale at any time.

This might be off topic, but I would LOVE for firewalls to go back on sale, just because I want to see all the chaos that would occur because of it. :sneaky:

Navii

I'm happy with the currency, but not the way it's obtained. Like many have said before, it's very time consuming and challenging to get a certain amount of currency to get the item you want. I mainly use credits/items through trading, and I can spend hours at a time trying to get credits for something thats limited edition or is going to retire soon. Like @acebatonfan said, it's really hard to keep up with all the items on sale because the way the economy works.

The one thing I'm not a fan of is the way firewalls/clocks are used. It's like a trading item monopoly in a way. You can only get certain things if you have a firewall or a clock, which are even harder to obtain than credits. This is all in my opinion though.

AlphaTheEdge

I buy things with credits. All of the other stuff.. Ie this many keys, or this much spree, or clocks,firewalls, it's all jibberish. I sound old as heck, but that's how I've always played. Credits fo lyfe.

I'm personally more about credits myself, mostly because I have a terrible time figuring out what certain items are worth when trading them. I do believe though, at least from what I've experienced in trade rooms and read in forums that people do seem pretty fed up with how the currency works. @Navii makes a good point, it seems all trading is about is firewalls, clocks, and anything deemed super rare.

What I want to bring up though as food for thought is that MyMVK is still relatively young and therefore the consistency of items coming out might be a bit more. So maybe when they have more time behind them items won't be as expensive or vast amounts of them coming out at once? It's been a while and I'm a little rusty on remembering how VMK did things but it's practically the same system, rares were traded A LOT and certain times more items (say for specific months like Halloween) came out.

Bindingkey

I mainly use credits, but I've been making myself trade more and I've done a credit spree before. I've so far gotten the most magic pins I've EVER had. like, I don't do it often, but I don't mind it.

This might be off topic, but I would LOVE for firewalls to go back on sale, just because I want to see all the chaos that would occur because of it. :sneaky:
This would give me so much life. If firewalls/Green Flip went on sale again, everyone would freak out. It would be hilarious.

I think that at some point, everything that's been on sale in the game at one point or another should go on sale again for a limited amount of time. It would be nice to give a little bit of a boost to the economy, as I'm so sick of seeing the same people with all of the super rare items, you know? (And don't even get me started on the people with, like, 4 Stitch hats and 100+ firewalls, etc) There is really no way to save up enough to trade for a super rare anymore because the same small group of people is in control of those things, and they're not letting go of them for cheap.

However, then there is the issue of clones.....

(I'm gonna say this post is related enough to this thread? Maybe? :cloud9:)

gravebound

not actually a grave
i think it's strange and unfair for a game like this to have an entire economy, to be honest.
i would do so much just to see stuff like firewalls, stitch, etc to come back on sale, for something like ten credits.
you kill two birds with one stone; you give the people who genuinely want the items a chance, and you send the greedy few in chaos as their empire crashes.

seriously, this is a GAME. it shouldn't be mimicking america's economy down to the disenfranchised poor. i'm just thankful this game isn't life or death, like you know, real life.

destineehart

@camzilla preach. Like for example cowboy pants value was raised to 28k or something like that, but will be on sale during holloween for 500 credits, (i would assume) i dont understand why people decide to make things super unattainable for other players. Because basically all the new players have to either trade the people who hoard the rares because they played before you or wait till they go on sale again. Like amy said, everything will be re-released.

Jasmine

@camzilla preach. Like for example cowboy pants value was raised to 28k or something like that, but will be on sale during holloween for 500 credits, (i would assume) i dont understand why people decide to make things super unattainable for other players. Because basically all the new players have to either trade the people who hoard the rares because they played before you or wait till they go on sale again. Like amy said, everything will be re-released.
Though I agree with you, I just want to point out that cowboy pants were 1k originally (so if they're rereleased at all, and I personally would prefer new releases instead of old ones, then I would hope they would at least cost 1k or more). And that was back when we only had 2 NPCs and 1 mini game (excluding shells and fireworks didn't even have combos when it was first released, so scores were lower) so it's not like credits were easily attainable. And things like the mansion clock were very difficult to attain for most people (it was the first host prize and we basically only had one event - a host hunt, which caused way too much lag for most of us and it wasn't that fair because some people were winning more than one time during the host hunt). So I do understand why items like those are valued so highly, but I've never understood the fluctuating values of this economy. Like Minnie used to be worth so much more than flip flops... now I'm seeing people trying to trade pink and green ones for it lol. It's so weird.

I wouldn't count on everything being re-released, by the way. Amy's said things before (no offense) and plans around here tend to change without warning so... (Like the black flip hat wasn't supposed to be rare. We were told most people would be able to get one.)

destineehart

Yeah. I guess cowboy pants were a bad example. But what Im trying to say is the more rare items people hoard and set the value super high so its hard for new players because only a fraction of the community has those items. at least thats how it was for me. If that makes sense?

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
Yeah. I guess cowboy pants were a bad example. But what Im trying to say is the more rare items people hoard and set the value super high so its hard for new players because only a fraction of the community has those items. at least thats how it was for me. If that makes sense?
back in vmk though the cowboy pants were released, EVERY year in October. so at least people had the chance of getting the item if people wanted them before the release then they did have to trade for them and sometimes at ridiculous prices.

Jasmine

Yeah, I got what you were trying to say :). I was just adding that I hope that they at least cost what they were originally if they're rereleased, because credits are 10x easier to attain now. And I was saying I agree with you too - I just personally understand why specific items (such as the pants or the clocks) would be valued so highly. I don't really get the deal with firewalls, because of all the mess surrounding their release, but I won't go into that on this thread. xD

back in vmk though the cowboy pants were released, EVERY year in October. so at least people had the chance of getting the item if people wanted them before the release then they did have to trade for them and sometimes at ridiculous prices.
Yeah, that's one of my points as well. Trading is a gamble because you never know if the item is going to be rereleased or not. But if you really want the item, I guess you just have to decide what matters more to you - getting the item you want or keeping your credits because you find the prices too high? They're not ultra rare, so I do expect them to be rereleased eventually... I don't expect things like the flip hats or firewalls to be rereleased though.