Pray for Paris Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruben

Love the pin but I dont agree with the post above. So none of that was post, talked about or whatever simply because no one white died? How bad does that sound ? I agree that all that violence should stop, but dont go around blaming white people for the worlds problems.
I don't think he's the one blaming white people @_@ that's not his post but was on his fb feed.

Exodus

Love the pin but I dont agree with the post above. So none of that was posted, talked about or whatever simply because no one white died? How bad does that sound ? I agree that all that violence should stop, but dont go around blaming white people for the worlds problems.
I didn't agree necessarily with that portion but I think the general gist of the post was there are constant bombing and deaths that go unnoticed in other parts of the world, however, when it happens in a city like Paris, it only then gets major recognition. I think there might be some undertones of white privilege being implied...

Karalora

I'm gonna take the minority position here and say: No. No pin for this. We shouldn't use a gruesome tragedy to get more in-game swag, even with good intentions. I think we can safely assume everyone who plays MyVMK is deeply saddened by the events in Paris and elsewhere. There's no need to advertise it with a digital trinket.

Jacob

Professional Housewife
I'm gonna take the minority position here and say: No. No pin for this. We shouldn't use a gruesome tragedy to get more in-game swag, even with good intentions. I think we can safely assume everyone who plays MyVMK is deeply saddened by the events in Paris and elsewhere. There's no need to advertise it with a digital trinket.
the pin would be a sign of respect/to promote awareness, it wouldn't be "in game swag" there have been previous pins such as the Lets Roll pin which are similar to this. Obviously it would be a 1 credit pin.

Karalora

I'm not offended. I just don't think it's a good idea. I know it was brought up with the best of intentions, but I think it's rather tacky.

Let's Roll is different; it was a memorial years after the fact, whereas the Paris tragedy is only a day old. Love Wins was also different, as a celebration of something many people saw as a good, positive occurrence.

Jacob

Professional Housewife
I'm not offended. I just don't think it's a good idea. I know it was brought up with the best of intentions, but I think it's rather tacky.

Let's Roll is different; it was a memorial years after the fact, whereas the Paris tragedy is only a day old. Love Wins was also different, as a celebration of something many people saw as a good, positive occurrence.
I think you're missing the point. It's not been seen by anyone but you as "in game swag". The pin would be a sign of remembrance/acknowledgement of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.