"Pure" and "non pure" firewall value ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought I'd heard/seen it all with respect to trading, there seem to be some confusing changes in value when it comes to what something is worth in "pure" firewalls vs "non pure." For example, I've seen items valued at 14 "pure walls" and then 22 "non pure" and that, at least to me, seems like a pretty big jump and I was just wondering why.

If once and for all someone could please explain the "pure" vs "non pure" value and the difference between the two, it would be much appreciated. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's a bit confused. Thanks (:

I'm confused with the Firewall value,also XD

Kinglaser

Its the difference between trading actual wals, and the value of walls. The difference is stupid to me, but essentially I guess if youre trading actual firewalls, you get a discount over if youre trading things worth firewalls.
So if it sells for 20 firewalls in value, then it might be traded for 15 actual walls, but 20 firewalls worth of other things.

Lost

The gap isn't that big anymore but I'll explain.

What people mean by "pure" firewalls is EASY TO SELL and "non-pure firewalls" are HARD TO SELL items.

Some examples of ETS would be firewalls, credits, most super rares etc.

Due to A LOT and I mean A LOT of items on this game being hard to sell, if someone took a deal for a lot of hard to sell items, then they would probably sell a lot of the items quite a bit under the "value" of them, to get rid of them quickly instead of waiting a long time for a good deal.

This means if they sold an item that was 20 pure and 30 non pure. Then they would sell the hard to sell for heavy discounts to sell them and probably end up with 20-23 pure wall after a lot more effort on their part.

People would rather get easy to sell items because it means they can make trades quicker with items other people will want.

The gap used to be HUGE, it still remains but it's a lot more non-existant than it used to be. However a lot of people don't want hard to sell items in trades even if they are getting a fair/ better deal unless its quite a bit of an over offer with hard to sell.

@Bimbette Oh I hadn't even thought of gold walls! haha it's difficult enough to understand with the regular ones.

@Cloudyblue Thank goodness! Glad I'm not alone haha (:

@Kinglaser Okay, that makes a lot of sense. I was thinking it had something to do with trading strictly walls or things equivalent. I get that people would rather have like 10 walls to turn around and trade vs 10 walls worth of items but the difference in value was throwing me off.

@Lost Ohhh is that what it is?! I would've never guessed. I understand letting hard to sell items go for cheaper just to get rid of them but I didn't realize that had anything to do with firewall value. I assumed it was more along the lines of what Kinglaser said, like in terms of trading just walls or the equivalent. Why would firewalls themselves fall under pure or non pure if that's what you're measuring the value in? I'm still a little confused on that.

Lost

@Bimbette Oh I hadn't even thought of gold walls! haha it's difficult enough to understand with the regular ones.

@Cloudyblue Thank goodness! Glad I'm not alone haha (:

@Kinglaser Okay, that makes a lot of sense. I was thinking it had something to do with trading strictly walls or things equivalent. I get that people would rather have like 10 walls to turn around and trade vs 10 walls worth of items but the difference in value was throwing me off.

@Lost Ohhh is that what it is?! I would've never guessed. I understand letting hard to sell items go for cheaper just to get rid of them but I didn't realize that had anything to do with firewall value. I assumed it was more along the lines of what Kinglaser said, like in terms of trading just walls or the equivalent. Why would firewalls themselves fall under pure or non pure if that's what you're measuring the value in? I'm still a little confused on that.
The idea was firewalls were what everyone wanted in offers and for rares. Anything else is undesirable. This was mainly because firewalls because the main currency because you couldn't trade credits like on other games so firewalls became the currency.

As I said in economic terms, it's the difference between easy to sell and hard to sell.

The idea was firewalls were what everyone wanted in offers and for rares. Anything else is undesirable. This was mainly because firewalls because the main currency because you couldn't trade credits like on other games so firewalls became the currency.

As I said in economic terms, it's the difference between easy to sell and hard to sell.
Ohh okay, I see. Well thanks for the explanation! (:

Status
Not open for further replies.