Question for people who are not crashing in haunted mansion game

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I was wondering if the amount of ram you have changes how much you crash. I am trying to figure out what I can do to stop crashing.

I have noticed if I do not push the control button that often I do not crash. Do you have lots of ram, and more of a gaming computer.

Does video card/ graphic card make a huge difference with shock wave. I love this game and want to be able to play it. I was fine until a few updates did me in now I crash all the time. So trying to narrow it down.

My graphic card is not that great so it may be time to invest in a new one.

The plugin just stops working.

I clear my cache all the time.

C

Christa

I have a brand new gaming laptop (MSI - GS70 Stealth-037) and any game over four players crashes me. Lately I've also been crashing in Jungle Cruise near the end (which angers me to no avail as it usually crashes me when I'm at 36k points) and I don't get credit for it.

Myth

I haven't crashed as much -- maybe every 5 games i'll crash once.
I custom built my computer recently with my brother in law who's a computer engineer.
So we have a very high video card
I notice that if I press CTRL more, I tend to crash more easily. Try not to abuse the keys if you lag hard and just be patient :)

Foustketeer

Not romantic, too dramatic
I have a stock Dell Inspiron from 2008 and haven't crashed yet, granted I've only played 3 or 4 games, with only one being over a 2v2. So, I don't know, might just be an intermittent thing with the game itself.

I seem to crash less when I use the mouse control instead of the arrow keys, and I don't press CTRL/Shift rapidly. I try to make sure the little vacuum animation is done before I press CTRL/Shift again.

Amy

Head Administrator
When someone crashes, everyone in the game does. I think it depends how good you are really from what I've seen!!! (I'm terrible and I hardly ever crash)

Lol @Amy! I am not very good but seem to crash. But it is def a very nice change from jc...maybe now the animals will leave my dreams :P. Thanks for releasing mansion!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

~dc~

i have not crashed even one. even 4 on 4 games that go 3 rounds. It could do with so many things. maybe its the version shockwave im using. the laptop is at least 6 years old. nothing special, i can use FF or IE with shockwave 11.6.5.635, and i never crash. today i done about 7 games i think, and at least 4 of the game i was the last person there and id just get what i can and the game would end etc. yet all other players have crashed.

when it comes all down to it, i think the cleaning causes issues. im sure all of u seen frozen ghost from cleanings. if lots of those appear the game starts to bug out and people start to leave the game. however i seen lots of people leave from people chatting within the game. there is so many versions of shockwave that its hard to say what 1 giving person is having issues with. or that there is so many versions of ff, ie, or chrome, also what windows etc.

firefox is 3.6
shockwave is 11.6.5.635
ie is 7.0.6001

latop has only 2gb ram, dual core 2ghz
windows vista pack 1

i will also say if your running lots in teh background or active desktops or whatever u will lag or crash. the game eats a lot of resources. if your computer hits 99% cpu or eats up to more then 70% of ur ram u will crash out shockwave.

Jasmine

When someone crashes, everyone in the game does. I think it depends how good you are really from what I've seen!!! (I'm terrible and I hardly ever crash)
not true, my cousin crashed and i was still playing.
I agree with Mark. I've played games where only one person or a couple people crashed (and you know it's true because you're still playing the game, but they're gone), but yet I've also played games where my friend and I both crash at the same time. For the record though, I generally actually disconnect. I've never gotten a Shockwave message and I've only had a game freeze once or twice in all of my games. So maybe it actually depends on how you're specifically crashing?

When I froze during a game with my friend, she was still able to play. The same happened when she froze and I was able to finish the game. (She tends to freeze rather than disconnect though, and also has a harder time getting back in the game.) Other times, she's froze and I've disconnected. So it's all kind of weird, but there's probably a correlation there somewhere.

Also, try not to shake coffins too much. I seem to have problems when there are too many ghosts on screen at once. So my advice would be, don't press the CTRL or Shift key rapidly, use the mouse instead of arrows, and don't make there be an extremely high number of ghosts out at once.

~dc~

Multi tasking doesnt help. i tried doing this and IE finally crashed, i still have not crashed FF, but i seen some weird pop ups during game play etc. yet these only appear if i multi task on the computer. running music in the back ground, or active desktop, or running anything else but the game.