Quidditch, Through the Ages.(GAME)

Golden_Snitch..png
Welcome to Quidditch!

A high speed game that will test your throwing arm, as well as your ability to fly! So dust off those brooms, and lets get going!

Today, Gryffindor is playing Ravenclaw, and you are
invited to join the team! Two teams of six players will enter, taking on a different position on the Quidditch teams.

Quidditch.jpg

1. Teams will enter and sit on the benches, with each position correlating to a role on the team. These positions go as follows.
1. Chaser
1. Chaser.jpg
2. Beater
2. Beater.jpg
3. Chaser
3. Chaser.jpg
4. Keeper
4. Keeper.jpg
5. Chaser
5. Chaser.jpg
6. Seeker
6. Seeker.jpg
And mirror for the other team.

2. The Team Captains (seekers) will go to their respective gen, and when are told to spin, will spin to see who will have control of the quaffle.

3. Once the quaffle is under possesion of one of the teams, the referre will spin his gen to see which course of action the offensive team will take. Whatever number the ref spins (1-6) will corresspond to one of the players on the team.
  • When a 1, 3, or 5 is spun, the Ofensive Chaser will spin against the Defending Keeper. The higher number spun determines if the shot is made, or blocked.
  • When a 2 is spun, the Offensive Beater will spin off against the Defending Beater. The higher number spun determines if the bludger hits the keeper, or is intercepted by the defending team.
  • When a 4 is spun, the bludger will be placed with the Defending Team, and the Offensive Keeper will spin against the Defending Beater. The higheest number determines if the Keeper is hit or not.
  • When a 6 is spun, the Seeker has 30 seconds to search the room for the Golden Snitch, which will be flying around hiding. The Seeker can choose to not find the snitch, should they not think it is the right time. (The Snitch can only be caught during a seekers turn. At other points in the game they can note where it is, but "catching" it outside a turn will result in a loss of 10 points to the team)

4. The Quaffle will remain in possesion of a certain team at all times, until they take a shot. However, the bludger will be moving freely between the two teams.

5. Each goal is worth 10 points (or one slot on the scoreboard).

6. The Snitch is worth 30 points, and ends the game when caught.

Side Notes:
* Any time a Beater spins higher than a Keeper, the Beaters team will gain a point.
* When a Beater shoots against the Keeper, and the defending Beater fails to block the shot, a point will automatically be scored (as a result of the keepers momentary loss of consciousness.)
* When a goal is scored or shot is blocked, possession of the Quaffle will go to the team who has did not attempt the shot.
* When two players spin off against one another and pull a tie, the snitch will be released into the game and BOTH teams will be able to try and find it for 30 seconds! (all other players MUST remain in their seats!

No game of Quidditch would be complete without the balls! For a little explanation, from left to right we have, the Bludger, the Snitch, and the Quaffle. The Bludger will be used by the Beaters in an attempt to knock out the Keeper. The Snitch is the most important ball, in that catching it will end the game and give you 30 points! The Quaffle will be used by the Chaser to try and score points on the opposing teams Keepers.
Balls.jpg

As with any game, there must be a reward for the winning team! The winning team will be gifted 6000 Galleons (or 102,000 sickles, 2,958,000 knuts, or 6k in VMK Credits!)

I welcome any questions you may have about the game, and if I have left something slightly ambiguous please ask so I can better explain! I will be attempting to make some trial runs in the next few days to see how the game runs, and I will post here for our first official game(s)!

Last edited:
Alrighty guys! Tonight is the night! I plan on opening quidditch tonight for its inaugural game! I hope, barring any issues, to open between the host events tonight! Hopefully around 8 or 8:30! The room is called Quidditch, Through the Ages! Seeing as this game requires 12 players, im hoping to get enough players tonight! Hope to see you all there![DOUBLEPOST=1501198568][/DOUBLEPOST]
When a 6 is spun, the Seeker has 30 seconds to search the room for the Golden Snitch, which will be flying around hiding. The Seeker can choose to not find the snitch, should they not think it is the right time. (The Snitch can only be caught during a seekers turn. At other points in the game they can note where it is, but "catching" it outside a turn will result in a loss of 10 points to the team)
Due to some errors on my original idea for the stitch, I am slightly amending this rule. The snitch will no longer be an object, but a chair that will be hidden and must be sat in by the keeper during their turn. Other than that, it will remain the same!

Ill be opening up here in about 30 minutes![DOUBLEPOST=1501202868][/DOUBLEPOST]Id like to send a big thank you out to everyone who came out to play tonight! The first game went fairly well, and much better than I assumed it would! It was quite the fun game, and I look forward to some more fun games! Thanks again for coming out and being my Guinea Pigs! ;P Ill be taking notes from what we learned from tonight's game to make it better! :allthethings: :mob:

Last edited: