Quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am done playing vmk, i do not like the way they release stuff. And dont like management. Ive met awesome people on here and its time to focus on school and say my goodbyes.:D

John

I am done playing vmk, i do not like the way they release stuff. And dont like management. Ive met awesome people on here and its time to focus on school and say my goodbyes.:D
Can I have the 120 keys you were trading?

I always ask people this when they say "I don't like the way items are released into the game!". No one ever seems to give me a coherent answer: How would you rather they release items? if you ran the game, just out of curiosity, what would your system be?
Furthermore, this is the entirely wrong subforum for this thread. It'd more so fit if it were titled "Why I decided to leave and what can fixed" with some suggestions, sure, rather than "quitting."

relizabeth

I always ask people this when they say "I don't like the way items are released into the game!". No one ever seems to give me a coherent answer: How would you rather they release items? if you ran the game, just out of curiosity, what would your system be?
I wouldnt have the key system at all. Its all odds. I hate that the game is turning into being odds for important items. I would rather the item be on sale for 10k credits then see how it is. I have played over 300 games of fw since the keys have come out got 76 keys and have only got 3 gold items. It seems to be that the people that work really hard to get the items they want dont get them while those that play a game or two get lucky after key 5 and get the rare. I think it should be those that work harder should be rewarded not the luck of the draw. I dont mind the host games being the way they are because those are events. But the keys have turned the game into a key collection. I see less and less people creating their own games and talking to others and more people killing themselves in FW and JC just to have a 1/500 chance at a rare item.

Emelon

I wouldnt have the key system at all. Its all odds. I hate that the game is turning into being odds for important items. I would rather the item be on sale for 10k credits then see how it is. I have played over 300 games of fw since the keys have come out got 76 keys and have only got 3 gold items. It seems to be that the people that work really hard to get the items they want dont get them while those that play a game or two get lucky after key 5 and get the rare. I think it should be those that work harder should be rewarded not the luck of the draw. I dont mind the host games being the way they are because those are events. But the keys have turned the game into a key collection. I see less and less people creating their own games and talking to others and more people killing themselves in FW and JC just to have a 1/500 chance at a rare item.
I agree with everything in this post. The possession of rare items should not be determined by chance. I have worked my butt off to collect well over 250 keys and have not gotten one super rare from them. I don't understand how I can work that hard and open that many crates with nothing to really show for it while others have gotten super rare within their first 5-20 crates. Even more absurd, I've seen people open 20-80 crates at a time and have received MORE THAN ONE super rare. This system of luck and odds is completely unfair. Luck should not determine our wealth in a game.

relizabeth

I agree with everything in this post. The possession of rare items should not be determined by chance. I have worked my butt off to collect well over 250 keys and have not gotten one super rare from them. I don't understand how I can work that hard and open that many crates with nothing to really show for it while others have gotten super rare within their first 5-20 crates. Even more absurd, I've seen people open 20-80 crates at a time and have received MORE THAN ONE super rare. This system of luck and odds is completely unfair. Luck should not determine our wealth in a game.
Im glad someone agrees with me. Last time i said something about this someone told me i was being greedy because they cant get on very often but were still able to get a rare on their 4th crate. when it would have taken them longer to get the credits to buy it if it was 10k. And i was like so because I have more free time to play to get that kind of credits im being greedy.

I completely agree with this. It might not even be about working hard or not, I think it's more of how messed up the chance system is.

The main reason why I am quitting is because of school, im falling behind and need to catch up. so for around 6-12 months im not going to be playing.

Im glad someone agrees with me. Last time i said something about this someone told me i was being greedy because they cant get on very often but were still able to get a rare on their 4th crate. when it would have taken them longer to get the credits to buy it if it was 10k. And i was like so because I have more free time to play to get that kind of credits im being greedy.
I see. To a certain extent I can agree... Amy said she intended for keys to be a sort of side thing... A VMK lottery I suppose. And it does seem like it is taking over the game completely. I don't like that, but I admit that I've been on this game for under a month. I didn't find out about it until recently... We want new people to join our community and play right? We're losing so many people. But new members don't have the motivation to play when you have to be a "Here From Day 1" member to be "rich" or ever have anything nice. I saw a girl who joined this week, she remembered VMK fondly and loved it but had no motivation to play because she thought she'd never get halloween costumes etc, she'd never be able to trade for them without playing the game hours a day for weeks.

The Key system allows new players a chance to get rares, or even trade their keys for items they've missed. It may be unfair in some ways but so was original VMK's system of Disneyland cards/codes for items... If you happened to be in a lucky family with an annual pass you could get loads of those cards, or if you had friends who went there they'd get them for you and you'd be very rich on VMK without any effort. I've never had the fortune of being able to go and I worked hard for my items in the game so I somewhat resented this. Without keys I'd still be highly poor and I'd probably have quit. I think keys should exist, but just somehow be a much less vital part of the game.

The main reason why I am quitting is because of school, im falling behind and need to catch up. so for around 6-12 months im not going to be playing.
I'm sorry man, I'll miss you then. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.