Random credit distribution?

random generation of credits from NPCs?

• Total voters
I understand a lot of players are having difficulty earning credits, be it from NPCs, fireworks or the shell game. I found an idea by some other members that may make it fair for those saving up for items, magic or whatever their set goal is on. NPCs would be able to generate a random set of credits every 12 hours. This would range from 50 min - 250 max.

This hopefully will benefit the community, as the credits are random for everybody. Therefore there shouldn't be an excuse to not be able to have enough credits to buy whatever players' wanted.

Just wanted some of your feedback if you think this would be a plausible idea.

Whispered

Depends on what algorithm. If it was a predicatble cycle, it could be abused.

If it is good randomizing, I think that would be cool.

Depends on what algorithm. If it was a predicatble cycle, it could be abused.

If it is good randomizing, I think that would be cool.
There are two scenarios

1. A player gets the same random amount of credits for every 12 hours
Ex) 50 from Yeti, 55 from Esmeralda and 130 from the dragon. Then the next 12 hour distribution, the same player gets Ex) 50 from Esmeralda, 150 from Yeti and 200 from the dragon.

Or

2. A player gets a set amount for every 12 hours. Ex) 60 credits from the yeti, Esmeralda and the dragon. And then after the next 12 hours the player would get 170 from the yeti, Esmeralda and the dragon.

These would differ for each player.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
It's both a good and a bad idea. If not cycled properly, the system could repeat and be abused by people. If it works, then it'll be a good thing.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I presented my opposition of this on the post that I believe you got the idea from. I don't think this is necessary and as others have said it could be abused. I also believe that this would not get rid of clones as they have random chance to get high credits from the NPC's. I think we all just need to be patient and wait for them to fix the bugs on fireworks. And as I said in my other post we can't keep putting completed things on the staff's plate for them to change if they are working their hardest to get other mini-games to us.

I presented my opposition of this on the post that I believe you got the idea from. I don't think this is necessary and as others have said it could be abused. I also believe that this would not get rid of clones as they have random chance to get high credits from the NPC's. I think we all just need to be patient and wait for them to fix the bugs on fireworks. And as I said in my other post we can't keep putting completed things on the staff's plate for them to change if they are working their hardest to get other mini-games to us.
I appreciate your input. However I am not demanding this, just merely giving a suggestion.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I appreciate your input. However I am not demanding this, just merely giving a suggestion.
I didn't say you were demanding... I was just bringing up points that I'm unsure people think of. I understand the patience thing may have been saying that. But if you can be patient with something that is difficult then the difficulty may subside at some point as long as you can wait for it.

I didn't say you were demanding... I was just bringing up points that I'm unsure people think of. I understand the patience thing may have been saying that. But if you can be patient with something that is difficult then the difficulty may subside at some point as long as you can wait for it.
Yup. I agree with you

I don't agree with this. Especially for the ones that get the shortest straw drawn when trying to get credits. They should just remain at a steady amount.

Savvy

I voted yes in this poll, but then I had second thoughts. What if someone has bad luck and constantly gets the low credit amount? I think they should just keep the amount the same for everyone, but raise it a little bit. The amount its at right now is a little low, especially when there's only one functioning mini-game.

I don't agree with this. Especially for the ones that get the shortest straw drawn when trying to get credits. They should just remain at a steady amount.
I voted yes in this poll, but then I had second thoughts. What if someone has bad luck and constantly gets the low credit amount? I think they should just keep the amount the same for everyone, but raise it a little bit. The amount its at right now is a little low, especially when there's only one functioning mini-game.

Well see, you'll be getting the current amount of credits anyway. Therefore you're chances of getting more than what you're currently getting now are a lot higher. So technically you're not losing anything. Refer to post #3 as well. I've explained it in a bit more detail.

I just think the amounts should be raised, because with Fireworks being the only functioning minigame, the NPCs are some people's only way of getting credits, as Fireworks could be a game that they struggle with.

I really hope Amy, Grizzly and Kevin would take this into consideration. This concept seems fair, as people will get a bit more than what they're getting now. Especially since the release of Halloween clothes, items and the fact that bat magic still costs 10,000 credits.

Luc401

I think a vmk lottery for credits with a daily draw would be interesting . For a spot it could cost 500-1000 credits lets say 50 people take place that is 25000 - 50000 credit pot thats insane! but it would really suck people to go try the lottery for a chance to win!The negative effect is that some people would just be loaded.You could also have that some of the pot money will loose a certain percent to suck credits out of the game, that might make the economy better and more stable.

No offense, but the only reason topics like this come up is because certain items cost so much and people aren't willing to put in the time/effort to obtain the acquired amount of credits necessary to buy ____ item. That honestly is all it comes down to, you can make more credits quitting the first level of Fireworks with even a half decent score than you would getting it off NPC's even if it were every hour. If you want an item, play the mini-game(s) that will/have been implemented to enable yourself to obtain whatever item it is. Nothing is gained without effort, going to an NPC for X amount of credits every whatever amount of time it is, takes zero effort. Leave it the way it is.