Reform the Staff

***DISCLAIMER**** The following feedback is based off the May 2015 events and speculated rumors. If my suspicions are incorrect, I sincerely apologize. After all, the staff is INNOCENT until proven guilty. :)

I feel you are losing valuable staff members due to disagreements among the staff themselves. A game is only as strong as its staff. I think rules need to be set in place for current staff members including but not limited to:
  • NO picking favorites
    • Item giving must be verified by another staff member to avoid it going unnoticed. Shared accountability works in the workplace!
    • *Side note* I like how the gingerbread competition was judged this year! It seemed a lot more fair, and it was very nice that it wasn't so secretive. Thanks for making an effort to gain the trust of the community back.
  • NO unscheduled, unapproved events (MUST get approval by Amy, seeing as she runs this game)
  • NO bans without reason
    • Perhaps implement a sort of chart outlining what the punishment is for each rule that can be broken along with how many times the user was banned. The staff member MUST comply to this rule unless given special permission by Amy herself.
    • Additional approval could work here as well, shared accountability, less sketchy
  • NO revealing your player account to anyone
    • Perhaps abolish the anonymity rule. Make the player account the sole account so there is no advantage for staff player accounts and their friends. By accepting a position as a staff member they subject to clearing the friends list (except for other staff members), trade restrictions, forfeiture of competition prizes, and random investigations conducted by randomly selected staff members to ensure honesty.
  • NO bullying of other staff members or players
    • Do NOT break the rules you are enforcing. Police officers don't get to commit crimes because they enforce the law, so why should staff members?
Breaking any of these rules should result in first a warning, then suspension, then termination.

I have heard rumors of bribery being held over others heads concerning payment for the servers. This falls under the bullying rule, and it is NOT ACCEPTABLE. You could possibly create an optional membership fee for access to exclusive items and events as long as that money goes straight to funding the game if you are having trouble with funding.

In closing- I am one of the more quiet players, but I know very well what's going on and what's being said. I want to make it very clear that I respect (note that it does not say "Agree with") the staff members decisions, however sketchy they may be. I created this feedback thread because I truly believe that making rules and having them be public knowledge would ease the minds of the community. Perhaps make it able to report staff members (if that isn't a thing already). I suspect that many staff members who read this will "brush it off" and tag it as another player sucking up and trying to be staff. I sincerely hope that you take this feedback to heart. It pains me to observe that some staff members don't feel as strongly about this as I and many other players do and aren't taking this job seriously. I've written this post because I want this game to continue peacefully. I love this game.

Long live MyVMK!

Last edited:
That reminds me, I would LOVE to see what you think of these ideas. How could they work? Why couldn't they work? What else are already in place? I know that you guys do listen to us, and I'm sorry that some players don't realize that even though we ask you to do something, doesn't mean you have to do it! I think this community could use a little more professional communication between the players and the staff.

That reminds me, I would LOVE to see what you think of these ideas. How could they work? Why couldn't they work? What else are already in place? I know that you guys do listen to us, and I'm sorry that some players don't realize that even though we ask you to do something, doesn't mean you have to do it! I think this community could use a little more professional communication between the players and the staff.
Well we would love to hear some of your ideas! Just PM us and let us know! :)

To members viewing this thread, I started this around December 26th, I have added to it and revised parts. The forum staff did not edit anything out of my original post :)

I think all of your bullet points sum up how we all want things to play out, @Elegance. Not sure there's really any other suggestions I can add at the moment.

I'll be sure to add any suggestions I think of to this thread when I do. :)
I was really excited when I realized that I could now share this publicly! I want to know if others have concerns that they'd like the staff to know about and ways we can resolve these issues.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
  • NO picking favorites
    • Item giving must be verified by another staff member to avoid it going unnoticed. Shared accountability works in the workplace!
    • *Side note* I like how the gingerbread competition was judged this year! It seemed a lot more fair, and it was very nice that it wasn't so secretive. Thanks for making an effort to gain the trust of the community back

Not sure how that would be monitored/judged. Staff members will always have people their friends with more than other players, and since pretty much everyone knows who the staff really are, they carry those friendships over to their staff accounts.
  • NO revealing your player account to anyone
    • Perhaps abolish the anonymity rule. Make the player account the sole account so there is no advantage for staff player accounts and their friends. By accepting a position as a staff member they subject to clearing the friends list (except for other staff members), trade restrictions, forfeiture of competition prizes, and random investigations conducted by randomly selected staff members to ensure honesty.

I agree with this completely. Since it is already obvious that it is too difficult for staff to not reveal who they are, than we should not even have any anonymous staff. This is something that I have posted for a long time ago. Look at all these new forum staff. I've never seen you guys, never interacted with you. There needs to be a level of trust and understanding between the staff and players, but it is hard to trust someone hiding behind a mask. One of the reasons i truly respected Captain-Heather as a moderator on the forums (I don't know if she still has her position or if she was fired) was because she was a normal player. We played pirates together, we were on a team during the water competition. She was a real person who could perform her moderator duties (Though her choice in favorite disney dog is questionable...:pluto:). If she can, why can't other forum staff? Why can't in-game staff? I feel like staff anonymity just gives them the idea that their job is easier because they will not have to be bias/moderate people they are friends with. What do you do when someone you like is breaking the rules? I agree 100% with abolishing the anonymity rule and dismissing any staff who can't perform their staff duties because of it.

I have heard rumors of bribery being held over others heads concerning payment for the servers. This falls under the bullying rule, and it is NOT ACCEPTABLE. You could possibly create an optional membership fee for access to exclusive items and events as long as that money goes straight to funding the game if you are having trouble with funding.

If this is even remotely true Amy (And i have heard similar things honestly), please dismiss the staff member immediately and open up either an exclusive membership with certain benefits (Credit allowance per week? Maybe access to some limited but not tradeable items? A badge in game?) or just open up donations with no benefits whatsoever.

NO bans without reason
  • Perhaps implement a sort of chart outlining what the punishment is for each rule that can be broken along with how many times the user was banned. The staff member MUST comply to this rule unless given special permission by Amy herself.
  • Additional approval could work here as well, shared accountability, less sketchy
Yea, I agree this section here should be something staff should focus a little more on...

I am going to emphasize
Because there are some people who are NOT staff who people think ARE staff and are now getting treated differently because of what people THINK even though ITS NOT TRUE. Not only does this build trust with known players, but people who are just playing aren't being attacked for something that isn't accurate.

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
Who are the current staff members now? I agree with your post Elegance.
That seems to be with every month going by the 6 million dollar question. Anyway, I agree with Elegance. To maintain a proper standing with other players there needs to be discretion and discipline among Staff. Any improvements done to keep up morale I am all for, but MyVMK Staff must learn from history in order for a professional status to be seen by players.

I'll tell you what their issue is, this is feedback- no trying to be rude, they cant keep someone on staff for a long period they usually step down or get fired and its pathetic that they cant keep anyone stable on their team, so no staff has a clue what they're doing. That and they really didn't care at the time is why I quit and I rarely even log on forums. It may have changed now, very unlikely, but also again this is a remake, so it really shouldn't been a surprise to everyone it was gonna seem like it was run by kids because it is.