Rewarding Roomowners

it rewards only those voted the very best
it does not reward all of those who put effort into their rooms
If it is only the 'very best', and also limited amount of rooms per week then yes I can understand your point.

I don't think the event coming up rewards all members either though?

I understand what you want with this system, but I think any ideas that suggest about rewarding credits to people should be put on hold for now. Let's wait and see how credits are rewarded when we have back all of the old ways first. In other words, I'm saying your idea might get seen now but I'm not sure if anything new like this would be implemented yet. Keep this in mind and once the previous mini-games are done I think we can see about this.

Personally, it's a good idea. I just don't know how necessary it truly is. I mean whenever I needed some credits to finish a room I would go off and play a game of pirates and boom I have my credits. It's not like I need the credits while the room is open. I see ways this could be used to benefit people but it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to actually do it.

I mean the point of the guest room, in my opinion, is to get people to come to you by making an awesome room and personally I found it more than filling that people came in and complimented my rooms in VMK. I don't want my mindset for guest rooms to be, "how many visitors have I gotten today?" A compliment of my guest room is all I need to continue making other rooms and that's all I want to think about when I build my rooms.

Keep in mind: I support your idea. I just personally prefer making rooms that everyone will enjoy.

And to tweak the idea a bit: I think it would be better to set a maximum amount of credits you can earn in a day over getting credits from visitor every 12 hours. This is the only part of the idea I found very questionable as you truly don't know what some people might extent to to earn credits. I'm thinking anywhere between 300-500 is fair. Maybe 10 credits per visitor for a total of 30-50 visitors every 12 hours. (And yes I know what I said at the beginning but I wanted to add my own little tweak to your idea for possible later use.)
you're not supporting my idea if you're lookin at it as "just another way to get credits"

1. most people don't post expectin immediate implementation
I'm posting to give the staff my idea in the way that I want it to be given, knowing they'll need time not only to review the idea, but to create it
actually, I made this thread to discuss the idea with other people before submitting it to the staff
2. it's not just a way to get credits. this is to acknowledge people who enjoy creating guest rooms, but perhaps don't aspire to create the best guest rooms or don't have the ability to create the best guest rooms
just like how fireworks rewards those with skill in clicking something at the right time and shells acknowledges those without skill (but both still give credits to people not fitting those two categories completely,) I'm asking for a system that acknowledges and rewards the majority of the people who make guest rooms (but gives some credits here and there)
3. a limit on credits would have to be over 500.

If it is only the 'very best', and also limited amount of rooms per week then yes I can understand your point.

I was talkin about the event comin up

I think that 30 credits is too high at the moment, but you did make me take into mind that the prices for items is a bit steep
15 credits per visitor per 12 hours sounds fine to me right now
we need to find an amount so that people get a decent amount of money from making rooms, but player-made games don't get much
The thing is, I think that games deserve a substantial amount of credits -- they cost a lot to run in the long-term, because prizes take up a lot of credits. If you have 10 people playing a game, 150 credits covers barely anything by way of a prize.

The thing is, I think that games deserve a substantial amount of credits -- they cost a lot to run in the long-term, because prizes take up a lot of credits. If you have 10 people playing a game, 150 credits covers barely anything by way of a prize.
most people who run games have prizes chosen out beforehand
they'll get credits from people who arrive late yet do not participate
in most games, only 1 of the 10 participants get a prize
but, this idea isn't to support the game makers as much

InaDaze

The Confused One.
you're not supporting my idea if you're lookin at it as "just another way to get credits"

1. most people don't post expectin immediate implementation
I'm posting to give the staff my idea in the way that I want it to be given, knowing they'll need time not only to review the idea, but to create it
actually, I made this thread to discuss the idea with other people before submitting it to the staff
2. it's not just a way to get credits. this is to acknowledge people who enjoy creating guest rooms, but perhaps don't aspire to create the best guest rooms or don't have the ability to create the best guest rooms
just like how fireworks rewards those with skill in clicking something at the right time and shells acknowledges those without skill (but both still give credits to people not fitting those two categories completely,) I'm asking for a system that acknowledges and rewards the majority of the people who make guest rooms (but gives some credits here and there)
3. a limit on credits would have to be over 500.
Well, technically it is another way of earning credits. Anything that gives/rewards you credits is earning credits no matter what you call it. I'm sorry if you don't feel I'm supporting your idea because of this but honestly I support your idea and I'm providing further ideas towards your ideas that could be considered.

1. I said this as you might want to post it again or bump it up when the time becomes appropriate. I know that the staff occasionally look through here.
2. Ok, then you might want to figure out a way that could trigger this system, like you need to have a certain amount of items or a certain amount of credits worth of furniture so that those who actually do make rooms like you're suggesting is awarded. I think you mentioned a time limit that could also work or also be featured in that will help against what I'm thinking. What I'm saying here is that do you think people that say put a crate in their room and call it their guest room should be rewarded these credits over say one of the guest rooms that have been made so far? Am I making sense with what I'm asking here, I'm not very clear when I try to explain things...
3. Eh... I will max at 1000... Anything over seems too much.

I don't quite understand why you think I'm not supporting you. Why would I be making further ideas for an idea I don't support? If I didn't want to see this I wouldn't be doing that. I even said in my post I like to make guest rooms as well but I don't aim for Best Guest Room. I aim at making an awesome room where others can come and enjoy and my friends and I can hang out and talk. That's the purpose of guest rooms to me. It would be nice to see credits figured into a way here.

Ok, then you might want to figure out a way that could trigger this system, like you need to have a certain amount of items or a certain amount of credits worth of furniture so that those who actually do make rooms like you're suggesting is awarded.
this would be too difficult to implement
the payout of this system is bein projected at like 15 credits
it doesn't really need a check n balance unless it turns out to be rolling in mad dough for people, which it likely won't unless people deserve it
remember that how many credits someone gets is based on how many people go to their room

please read back through the thread, and interpret what I'm saying correctly
I have already addressed everything you have said n I'm starting to feel like a broken record
if I have to repeat myself again, I'll just not reply at all

Fiyero

Okay to be honest I didn't read the rest of the posts in this thread because I am kinda in a hurry, so if this has been said, I do apologize, but here is another point that needs to be made.

Right now, people are making rooms for the fun of it. And when ride pieces and quest kiosks come out, they'll be doing the same for those rooms. They do it because they are passionate and creative and inventive. They invest their time and credits in it not because of any reward, but because they enjoy seeing people happy and having cool looking rooms. If you add this reward system to the game, it will no longer be about that. Even if you are simply giving them back credits they pay for the items, you are defeating the point of making rooms, rides, and quests as I stated above.

Keeping the passion of making good rooms is what I want and that's another reason why I am completely against this.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
this would be too difficult to implement
the payout of this system is bein projected at like 15 credits
it doesn't really need a check n balance unless it turns out to be rolling in mad dough for people, which it likely won't unless people deserve it
remember that how many credits someone gets is based on how many people go to their room

please read back through the thread, and interpret what I'm saying correctly
I have already addressed everything you have said n I'm starting to feel like a broken record
if I have to repeat myself again, I'll just not reply at all
The only reason I added that in was so people don't do something like have an empty room and just puts free items in the title and waves of people come in and that person gets credits for not even making a room. I'm assuming you were wanting this for those who attempt to make rooms that are in the Best Guest Room runnings. I don't think it's very fair that those who don't put effort in their rooms and put in titles that might get people to visit their rooms get credits while those who put in hard effort to for a wonderful room also get credits. If I misunderstood you then I misunderstood.

Also to clarify does the room owner have to be in the room to get these credits?

Last thing I'm going to say is Fiyero's post is a little more in depth on something I said about keeping guest rooms as a feeling of a sense of accomplishment over a sense of is this going to get people to visit my rooms and get me credits? I'm simply satisfied with just having people even visit rooms I make.

The only reason I added that in was so people don't do something like have an empty room and just puts free items in the title and waves of people come in and that person gets credits for not even making a room. I'm assuming you were wanting this for those who attempt to make rooms that are in the Best Guest Room runnings. I don't think it's very fair that those who don't put effort in their rooms and put in titles that might get people to visit their rooms get credits while those who put in hard effort to for a wonderful room also get credits. If I misunderstood you then I misunderstood.

Also to clarify does the room owner have to be in the room to get these credits?

Last thing I'm going to say is Fiyero's post is a little more in depth on something I said about keeping guest rooms as a feeling of a sense of accomplishment over a sense of is this going to get people to visit my rooms and get me credits? I'm simply satisfied with just having people even visit rooms I make.
I addressed this in the turnstile thread (not blamin you for not seein it)

the only way it can be abused, as said by Aceuniverse, is if someone advertises for "free stuff" n doesn't give free stuff. I have absolutely no way I can think of to stop people from abusin it that way, so it would be up to the community to not flock to rooms like that
even though it could be abused like that until people catch onto the trend, the reward of credits would likely not be large enough that this is a hugely negative point (certainly not large enough for the idea to be thrown away)
I know you've thrown up the idea of checks n balances, but I say that a check n balance would likely be too difficult to implement n may not be necessary

the idea of a credit limit:
most people's rooms seem to hit peak popularity for only one day
1000 credits is low considerin the cost of creating rooms
however, this idea isn't too bad so long as the credit limit is higher

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
they can, but would they?
the answer is that they wouldn't for such a low amount of credits
Honestly you would be surprised by the tenacity of some people if you believe no one would go to great lengths for ANY amount of credits. But while this seems like an okay concept I see some flaws to be tweeked.

I feel this should apply only to game rooms and attraction rooms, and a check box should me added to the room menu to determine the type.
Example:
Game room []

Like how you have the option to allow only persons with tickets inside (even though that system isn't set up yet).

I see it being important for game room owners as a way to earn back credits they spent on prizes. But that's it, unless you worked very hard to build a room like the one where someone made a small town, in other words a room meant as an attraction, I see no reason for you to be rewarded simply because someone came to your room.

Just to clarify in case I just all over in this post (I'd just woken up, my apologies) What I'm essentially getting at is attach the credit rewards system to a menu in the room determining the kind of room it is. I do realize there's bugs with that option to be tweeked as well.

- - - Updated - - -

you're saying that you would go through the fifteen minute process of making an email and an alternate account just for three credits, twelve credits every hour, knowing that there are better choices for making credits?
While I'm not disagreeing with how preposterous the idea of making clones just for that even sounds, I'm agreeing that even though you and I wouldn't waste precious time on something so minuscule, there are some that would.

- - - Updated - - -

Well to me, it should reward ANY that put effort in to their rooms. I've seen some great guest rooms made, all of them should be rewarded.

I feel this should apply only to game rooms and attraction rooms, and a check box should me added to the room menu to determine the type.
Example:
Game room []

Like how you have the option to allow only persons with tickets inside (even though that system isn't set up yet).

I see it being important for game room owners as a way to earn back credits they spent on prizes. But that's it, unless you worked very hard to build a room like the one where someone made a small town, in other words a room meant as an attraction, I see no reason for you to be rewarded simply because someone came to your room.

Just to clarify in case I just all over in this post (I'd just woken up, my apologies) What I'm essentially getting at is attach the credit rewards system to a menu in the room determining the kind of room it is. I do realize there's bugs with that option to be tweeked as well.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm not disagreeing with how preposterous the idea of making clones just for that even sounds, I'm agreeing that even though you and I wouldn't waste precious time on something so minuscule, there are some that would.
I think categories could potentially root out the game and personal rooms, but it relies upon the creators of the rooms and doesn't acknowledge that people don't always put effort into rooms just to showcase them

as I have already stated, the amount of credits rewarded would be low, meaning that people wouldn't be getting huge amounts of credits for friends coming into their room

I think that the amount of [15 credits per individual visitor per 12 hours] sounds reasonable, but perhaps [15 credits per individual visitor per 24 hours] would be better?

I am waiting for people to seriously say that they would go through the account creating process n game entering process n room finding process for a low amount of credits knowin that there are better ways to get credits, even when using extra accounts.
if you are doing it solely for the sake of argument, please do not state it

Ok man I found a way this can be easily abused as you stated it.
I get 10-20 people together and we each visit the others rooms 1 by 1 free credits for all. There is no work needed there and it takes 5 minutes
With my idea you can't do that because you have to pay credits for others to get credits so no free credits

that's like 300 credits per person maximum n you'd have to group enough people together to do that
the work is getting people to do it and finding people who won't quit after their room is visited
with your idea, you can transfer money from one account to another, which, as I've stated multiple times for you, would encourage clones n allow those who obtain accounts with a lot of money to transfer that money to another account

I'm friends with people who would abuse a lot but it seems like a really far fetched idea that they'd clone to abuse this feature. That being said, i haven't seen one reason that justifies this not being implemented. I'm for it.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Okay, I wasn't thinking about what was said in another thread when I read this x) I think this is a good idea and a limit shouldn't be too high but might not be needed at all. I only said that because I know some rooms can attract large amounts of people like the free rooms, game rooms, quest rooms, and some popular guest rooms. This also depends on how large the player base is and will definitely require some testing if introduced and if I make a room I will try to gather data if I'm not too busy. Usually if I go in a guest room I'm going homework or something x) I don't think cloning is the problem with this idea at all, it's why I haven't said anything about it till now.

I think it would be fun to see how many people actually coming in to my room and this idea would allow that. Thanks for dealing with my stupid questions :P