Rotating Items Halfway

I'm not sure if it would even be possible (I'm good with the user-friendly side of computers, not the creating/designing/coding/etc. side), but I think it would be an awesome feature to have if we could rotate items halfway (i.e. rather than just having north/south/east/west, also having north-east/north-west/south-east/south-west rotations). Our characters are able to move and face in all of those directions, and with the layouts of the rooms everything is always angled to the screen.
Again, not entirely sure if it's at all possible, just an idea I've thought of while attempting to design some game rooms :)

Would mean that items would take twice as long to make as there would be twice as many images. Aswell as possibly not being possible for some items as they wouldn't fit in the squares and space allocated for each item.

Would mean that items would take twice as long to make as there would be twice as many images. Aswell as possibly not being possible for some items as they wouldn't fit in the squares and space allocated for each item.
I didn't even think of that! Again, I have no idea how it all works, and yeah that would be a lot to do! It was just a thought I came across and figured I'd at least share it :)