RSVPing for Host Events.

Going through the forums I couldn't help but notice the number of complaints that are stimulated from long host queues. Thus, I've established a reasonable solution to this issue. My proposal is that an RSVP be added to host events. I feel as though making individuals RSVP to host events limits the number of players that can actually attend the event if they don't RSVP, as well as places a limit on the number of accounts that an individual could place in the room. Although it may take some time to get use to the idea, it may increase the number of individuals on the forums, as well as crack down on clone accounts. If players make multiple forum accounts to RSVP to host events it would be highly unlikely to miss seeing as though those accounts will only be accessed during the days that events are taking place. This is merely a progressing thought, I hope to gain some rational feedback or support for this idea seeing as though it is an attempt at marginalizing clone accounts.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
I personally think an ingame way to RSVP would be the best way to handle this.

1. 10 Minutes before an event you can RSVP saying you would like to attend.

2. those that were able to RSVP would be placed RANDOMLY into queue. No more spam clicking to check if room is open and no more having to worry about OMG it's 2 minutes till host event let me search and see if I can get a good position.

3. Your Queue Position during a HOST event should be saved if your client crashes. <-- THIS IS VERY ANNOYING

AKA someone disconnects and was at position 149 the person who was 150 would be the new 149. when you come back into the game you would be position 148.5 and that person behind you would have to wait for 2 people to move before he sees position 148.

4. If your character gets into the room but does not move off the starting spot then when they reconnect they would be placed in Queue Position 1 <- This is why a large majority of HOST events require multiple HOST / VMK staff to run as they have to deal with TONS of reports of people who have disconnected in the HOST room.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
That would be pretty awesome! I too am getting tired of hearing people complain about the HOST events, and this would be a great way to solve that.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Getting into a HOST event is like trying to get into Walmart first on Black Friday. I really don't think there's more much the staff can do to make it easier. I think the reality base of events and situations like these are that there are a mass amount of people trying to get a spot in line all at once.

I think sometimes people forget or don't know how long the lines were on the original VMK...

They were long. Lol.

So for me, I try not to get too frustrated or upset when I don't make it into a host room. It happens plenty often to me. I think a better solution might be to have host events at a much more varied time. Having some during odd hours of the day might allow more people chances to get in line. An RSVP system sounds interesting, but I personally would prefer Amy spends her time coding Pirates or Mansion rather than some new room entering system.

View attachment 4160

I think one of the rooms on this list must have been mine, because I can't figure out why else I have a screen shot of it. But note that none of them are host event rooms, and the lines are pretty long.

I feel like there will always be a problem or complaint no matter how the system is run, because not everyone is going to get what they want and so someone will have something to say about it.

The only problem I see with this is if people miss the RSVP time or too many people RSVP and hits a limit or whatever, they're kind of back at square one with not being able to get into the event and having missed the first 10 minutes where you can jump in line. I understand the reasoning behind a system like this, I just don't think everyone can be made happy by any one solution.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I feel like there will always be a problem or complaint no matter how the system is run, because not everyone is going to get what they want and so someone will have something to say about it.
This. Someone will always be unhappy and will always want it to be better for them. Was in the shoutbox earlier and it just felt like everyone wanted changes to make it better for themselves and didn't seem to any care for what is best for the hosts (which is there scheduled times on the event list).

The only thing I don't like about Max's idea is the randomly placing people in the line, but as Christina said people will always complain... Also how does RSVP'ing stop people from using clones? That's kind of bigger issue people are having with.

This. Someone will always be unhappy and will always want it to be better for them.

The only thing I don't like about Max's idea is the randomly placing people in the line, but as Christina said people will always complain... Also how does RSVP'ing stop people from using clones? That's kind of bigger issue people are having with.
Yeah the clones would be my problem with it as well. Now, if there is a limited number of spots, people will RSVP their clones and themselves, which means our characters will have an even lower chance of actually getting in. :/

clones are always going to be an issue and RSVPing won't help at all unless they really crack down on said clones. people will RSVP here on the forums and still make sure their clones get in the queue, or even make seperate forum accounts for each clone. the greedy side of people really pop out in situations like this. the idea is great but i think people would still find something to complain about or a way to cheat.

Jasmine

Getting into a HOST event is like trying to get into Walmart first on Black Friday. I really don't think there's more much the staff can do to make it easier. I think the reality base of events and situations like these are that there are a mass amount of people trying to get a spot in line all at once.
I think if the room was up (but not opened) 5 minutes before the event started, that would solve some problems right there. I know I've clicked the room as soon as I saw it come up, but it's locked... and then you try again... same thing. It's annoying.

cosmee

My biggest problem is the lack of varied times. I know this can't be helped but with work and school my time for vmk is very slim. Therefore I miss the host events or the length of the queue is too long and I have to leave for work or something. Idk if I'm alone on this issue but it sucks xD

I think if the room was up (but not opened) 5 minutes before the event started, that would solve some problems right there. I know I've clicked the room as soon as I saw it come up, but it's locked... and then you try again... same thing. It's annoying.
This seems to be my biggest issue. I click once and I'm not allowed in, try again...nope...finally I got in, hmm, number 125 in queue, maybe I'll make it...then i get to sit there and wait because clicking on the fast pass might get me booted. I think if there were just more instances of the events. i realize that not every host can be on all the time, but one instance with a queue of over 350 just doesn't seem right. I have a feeling that many of us are going to wind up with four pin sets this month. For those of you who make it into the events, congrats. For those that don't, I feel your pain.

I do like the idea, but some people aren't on until after the HOST event begins. So if you are saying only those who RSVP in advance get in, I find that very unfair to those who get on a little after the event starts. If you are like me, I never am able to get to the host events until about 30 minutes in due to other activities. Personally, I think the main solution to fix the complaints is to open a second or third room. BUT an issue with this idea is that there is more items given out, AND staff plan this usually around their schedule, and some hosts have too busy of a schedule to host dual rooms. Anyways, I guess I agree with some aspects of this idea, making it acceptable, but I feel like it isn't the perfect solution.

They should make something similar to the new Fastpass+ for host events, where you can reserve a spot in the queue for a certain number of host events each month.