Sandy Hook Elementary

mark

10 mins late to everything
Today, one year ago, several of innocent kids and teachers died in the Sandy Hook Elementary, the cause of this was because of a psychotic man who then shot himself right after his murders

rest in peace to those little angels and god bless the teachers who tried to protect them. no child deserves to lose their life. this man took the easy way out too... what a coward. he deserved to rot away in jail for the rest of his life.

Sandy Hook could have been prevented had the mother of the "psychotic man", Adam Lanza, done something about the warning signs of her son's mental illness. Mental illnesses do NOT mean a person should rot in hell, though. What Adam did has been deemed unacceptable, despicable, terrible, etc in our society but many neglect to remember Adam was neglected the help he needed as well. This situation should have been prevented but because it happened, Mental Illness should have been promoted. Many people are unaware, or event disregard, the fact that mental illnesses DO exist and can cause someone to do something such as this. Your brain is an organ, and just like any other organ, it can get sick too. Psychotic, or even sociopathic, behavior can be the result when people with such mental illnesses are neglected after crying out for help. Adam Lanza was neglected when he called out for help. And don't forget, cries for help aren't necessarily words but the way a person acts!

I am in no way defending or condoning the actions that this man did. He, just like everybody else who commits such a terrible act, deserve the consequences. However, my intentions are to promote mental illnesses because they do exist and to state the fact that those innocent lives could have been saved if only someone acknowledged that something was wrong with Adam Lanza. That man cut off all communication with his friends and family, lived at home, locked himself in his bedroom for months on end and would not come out, refusal of medications, etc,etc. These are signs that SOMETHING is wrong. That person NEEDS help. And neglecting those people of help has it's own consequences. And also remember that maybe suicide was Adam Lanza's only escape from the terrible prison his mind was in. It does not make him a coward. YOU try living with voices in your head telling you to do bad things. It's a darkness NO ONE deserves to have to live with. Just keep that in mind.

(I also must state I have no intentions of trying to start any debate or anything of the like. I plan on majoring in a field of criminology so discussions like this intrigue my interest.)

RIP those whose lives were taken on that terrible day. They in no way deserved to have their lives to be taken from them.

Graham

オミッド
I really wonder what our government would have done to him, if he had not committed suicide..
Lock him up in a mental hospital probs