Scamming new players has to stop

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Scamming will always happen because there are always dishonest people in this world. But the more people are aware the more people will not be scammed. I still get those Nigeria Letter, or I can receive lots of money if I help someone out. The difference is I know about it and will not fall for it.

Also the consequence should be made very severe as to make it less appealing.

Last edited:

captmrose

Documented Disney Freak
So I was one of the unlucky ones who fell for the bait and switch. I want to thank everyone for helping me. I think I was more sad because someone did this than I was over losing the item... but the admins took care of it and I'm really glad that those involved are labeled... kind of like the scarlet letter ! I have warned all my friends to pay more attention to trade items. But I worry about the younger players who might not be truly aware. Thank you@Littlebelle for helping to spread the word, to @Amy for helping to squash the scammers and @Snow for returning my item. By the way I did give Snow the ornament back! I won't ever look at that Stitch ornament the same again :/

Mademoiselle

I'm really glad that this is being brought to the community's attention and that something is being done about it. Regardless if this is the internet or not or whether we're all competing for rare from time to time, this shouldn't ever happen. I will definitely be more careful now and I will help spread the word. I do believe that these individuals should be severely punished; it's a crime to steal in the real world, so it should be here too. All we can do is take care of one another and bring these issues to the public so that they can be resolved. More reasons for us to have a decent CL program!

Inferno

So I was one of the unlucky ones who fell for the bait and switch. I want to thank everyone for helping me. I think I was more sad because someone did this than I was over losing the item... but the admins took care of it and I'm really glad that those involved are labeled... kind of like the scarlet letter ! I have warned all my friends to pay more attention to trade items. But I worry about the younger players who might not be truly aware. Thank you@Littlebelle for helping to spread the word, to @Amy for helping to squash the scammers and @Snow for returning my item. By the way I did give Snow the ornament back! I won't ever look at that Stitch ornament the same again :/
Glad you were helped!
I sent you a PM to let you know how i helped. :)
Hope to meet you in game one day

CaptainGianna

Sickening that people would do that. We should all be a family and stop scamming and taking advantage of each other