Sci-Fi Dine-In Getting the Frozen Treatment!?

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
....I'm sure MyVMK has already broken a number of copyright laws so I don't think it would matter at this point. (Please, correct me if I'm wrong. Because to be completely honest I don't know much about copyright.)

....I'm sure MyVMK has already broken a number of copyright laws so I don't think it would matter at this point. (Please, correct me if I'm wrong. Because to be completely honest I don't know much about copyright.)
Not true. Adding these posters would count as another offense that Disney could use against myVMK. Law doesn't work in the sense that "after a certain amount of laws broken, we just count it as one."

This isn't a thread about copyright. Disney already knows about MyVMK as I've told everyone a million times. It's there job to know. They haven't done anything about it... yet.

Enso

I honestly think people are over-reacting about saying the copyright will be bad. Everytime we add a new item into the games shop we are doing this. I think the Frozen posters and such would look really nice, Good work!

Jasmine

I honestly think people are over-reacting about saying the copyright will be bad. Everytime we add a new item into the games shop we are doing this. I think the Frozen posters and such would look really nice, Good work!
Exactly.

I like the Frozen posters much better than whatever is in the actual Dine-In.

it's considered promoting a movie made by disney. i'm not sure why they'd use it against myvmk.
Because it makes it appear like MyVMK is actually Disney.

As it stands, it is not clear enough that MyVMK is a fan-operated game. Clarifying that doesn't mean that the game isn't a violation of copyright (it is definitely a violation), but it does make Disney less liable to go after the game. Reason is, anything that goes awry in MyVMK could be attributed to Disney, and it could negatively affect Disney's image. If someone comes on this game, sees Frozen posters without disclaimer that it's not Disney's game, and then sees some questionable behavior, the person is going to think Disney can't moderate a game effectively. At that point, Disney could take action.

It's all a stretch, but it's important to take precautions for the worst-case scenario. Disney has left this game alone, because a cease and desist letter isn't worth the backlash they would receive if they killed VMK again. If MyVMK starts to make Disney look bad, then taking it down is the lesser of two evils.

Point is, MyVMK needs to look like Disney has nothing to do with its operation.

Because it makes it appear like MyVMK is actually Disney.

As it stands, it is not clear enough that MyVMK is a fan-operated game. Clarifying that doesn't mean that the game isn't a violation of copyright (it is definitely a violation), but it does make Disney less liable to go after the game. Reason is, anything that goes awry in MyVMK could be attributed to Disney, and it could negatively affect Disney's image. If someone comes on this game, sees Frozen posters without disclaimer that it's not Disney's game, and then sees some questionable behavior, the person is going to think Disney can't moderate a game effectively. At that point, Disney could take action.

It's all a stretch, but it's important to take precautions for the worst-case scenario. Disney has left this game alone, because a cease and desist letter isn't worth the backlash they would receive if they killed VMK again. If MyVMK starts to make Disney look bad, then taking it down is the lesser of two evils.

Point is, MyVMK needs to look like Disney has nothing to do with its operation.
This a million times.

I think that a sentence noting that myVMK is NOT Disney and is a fan operated site should be plastered in as many places as possible around the game website & forum. Definitely not ingame, but around the website and possible in a popup message before you enter myVMK. This of course doesn't protect the game from copyright laws, but, it does take another step in a better direction.