Seize Your Moment [Game]

uk_coco_lg_r_02df55ea.png

seize.png

Welcome to Santa Cecilia!

In a small, seemingly ordinary town in Mexico, one boy decides to seize his moment, going against his families wishes to pursue music. Following in the footsteps of his great great grandfather, Miguel sets out on a journey that spans this world... and the next. Come join him on his journey and see if you can make it back from the Land of the Dead still... well, alive!

Game Play:​
I have been trying to think of a game that hasnt been done before (thanks to @Hopper and @coolbluePiglet for putting the idea in my head) and while, yes, it is a maze game*, it is done in a different way. You will not be simply poofing into a room and choosing a teleporter. In fact, you won't be seeing any teleporters at all. I have hidden them somewhere in the room, but not randomly. They are hidden somewhere that will help progress the story along. That said, you will have to brush up on your Coco knowledge before playing.

It won't, however, be that simple. I have also hidden losing teleporters throughout the rooms, which means that wrong clicks will result in losing. Obviously I didn't want this to be too simple, but I also did not want to make something that is overly hard.

You actually CLICK the easter basket, not a ride start.

Disclaimer, it wont always be an item to click, it could potentially be just a place on the floor, but it WILL make sense in accordance with the scene you are in at the time.

Currently I have 11 rooms that you will have to play through in order to win, and that number may go up by one or two before I officially open (ive had a couple ideas of things I forgot to put in as Ive been laying teleporters!)

Due to the unique style of game play, I will be limiting the number of people going in at one time, seeing as it is not a traditional maze. Because, lets be honest, its not fun for anyone if you just follow someone through the rooms!

I am super excited for everyone to come out and play this! It started as me building a Coco themed guest room, and the next thing I knew I had gone through 11 different rooms! I hope it presents a new challenge in terms of gameplay, and I hope its as fun to play as it has been to build! As of right now, I dont have an opening date set for the game, as I still need to put the finishing touches on a couple rooms, but I will post here in advance of the actual opening so that anyone who wants to come out and play is able to!

*I use the phrase Maze loosely as I consider this to be more in the vein of an escape room, moreso than a traditional teleporting maze.

I am going to hopefully do a trial run tonight around 10pm est before the host event! If anyone would like to come and help me test, it would be greatly appreciated! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1521777170][/DOUBLEPOST]I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who came and tested the game for me tonight! Building it I wasnt sure how it would fare, as I knew it was gonna take some explanation for people to pick up on the gameplay, but I was happy to see it run smoothly with a few minor questions here and there! In no particular order (and this list is not exhaustive as it only occured to me to make it halfway through running it, so if you played and I missed your name, I apologize, but thank you for coming! :))

Thanks to:
kismet
Kayleeki
princesscelestial
@Magnumopus
taaay
@caseyphino
@BlueSorcerer
@SnoBun
@retroh

and a special thanks and congratulations to:
@sammielouwho
for being the first and only person to win tonight!

as always thank you to
@Hopper
@coolbluePiglet
and
@MoitaRose
for helping fund the game, and allowing me to drain their inventory, opinions, and patience while I was building. You guys are the best! :)

Overall im super happy everyone enjoyed it and hope more people will be able to come tomorrow! I am currently planning to open before the event, probably around 7:00 or 7:30 EST! Hope to see you all there!

Last edited:
Better than most host mazes! 10/10!
Thank you! Such a nice compliment, but I also love all the hosts mazes! They are all such talanted builders, and I love going through stories they create! (And while not a maze, I died a little when I saw Ariels Dia De los Muertos room bc amazing!)

Thank you to everyone who came out tonight! I had the game open for a solid two hours, which is something I havent done with a game in quite some time, so that was extremely fun for me! Shoutout to everyone who stopped to play, and a big congrats to:
@rfsoaring @Animazement @michelledion acehauntedpirate, and @caseyphino all of whom won tonight! For this being my hardest maze, this has definietly been the most winners ive had in one night!

I will be opening again soon, and be sure to post here again with a time! Thanks again to everyone who came out to play!

SnoBun

Snob/Official Rilla Grandma
This game is amazingly well designed and the decorating of the rooms is so detailed--loved it! Can't wait to play again and hopefully win