Share Disney Park Secrets and Tips!

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
I know they don't do this anymore but if you had a special occasion at wdw you could actually ride in the very front of a monorail! I did it before for my birthday and the entire ride me and the driver were just looking for animals out the windshield! IT was really cool and after they would give you a special card and a sticker! They don't do it ever since the two monorail cars crashed into each other.
You use to be able to do this at Disneyland until recently. Didn't have to be a special occasion you just had to ask.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

----------

They just stopped doing this about a month ago. But you use to be able to go up to the railroad first thing in the morning and get a ticket on the lily belle. It was Walt's private train car that he would take special guests in when they would come to the park. It was suppose to just be for club 33 guests but a select amount of people could get a ride that weren't club 33 members almost everyday. They just recently decided not to do this anymore. I'm glad I got to ride last time I was at the park. If you go to the parks a lot and want lots more secrets the mousewait app is great. People are always posting lots of secrets.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

----------

I know that if you want to ride a particular submarine for Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage at Disneyland, all you have to do is politely ask a cast member. Depending on the location of the sub in the ride, they will ask you if you don't mind waiting on the side of the que until your sub makes it way to the loading dock but honestly, its worth waiting to ride in your favorite sub and plus, if no one else is waiting for that same sub, you'll be the first one on. ^^
they also have a section for guests that dont want to ride but still want the experience of riding. you go through the exit and they have a room with a screen that makes you feel like your under the water but you dont have to actually get on the sub.
I don't know why they don't do that while the ride is closed at Disneyland.

LordeByron

Theres an engagement ring cemented into the sidewalk by Haunted Mansion.
The story behind it is great too.. having to do with the bride in the attic having thrown it from the attic after decapitating Master Gracie. It hit so hard, it stuck! Turns out, it's just an old pole bushing a CM tried to pry out LONG AGO with a flat head screwdriver.. he broke part of the screwdriver. :tp:
actually, they added a real engagement ring into the cement when they built the new interactive queue.

fact: i forget which haunted mansion it's in, but there used to be a photo of lon chaney as the phantom of the opera in the stuff in the attic. not sure if it's still there.

also, all of the music in the haunted mansion is different versions of "grim grinning ghosts," except for the attic scene.

i have a lot of haunted mansion facts.

one about dcl: idk if you can get the pin other places, but once i got the dcl engineering department pin by asking one of the workers what they did with the poop on the ship. he took me to his office near the engine room and told me and gave me a pin out of this HUGE drawer in his desk that had like, hundreds of them. idk if the pin is rare though, but the story's pretty fun :)
the pin: http://pinpics.com/pin.php?pin=14531&keyw=Cast%20Member%2020th%20Anniversary%20Pin%20Trading%20Logo&origin=9

relizabeth

Theres an engagement ring cemented into the sidewalk by Haunted Mansion.
The story behind it is great too.. having to do with the bride in the attic having thrown it from the attic after decapitating Master Gracie. It hit so hard, it stuck! Turns out, it's just an old pole bushing a CM tried to pry out LONG AGO with a flat head screwdriver.. he broke part of the screwdriver. :tp:
actually, they added a real engagement ring into the cement when they built the new interactive queue.

fact: i forget which haunted mansion it's in, but there used to be a photo of lon chaney as the phantom of the opera in the stuff in the attic. not sure if it's still there.

also, all of the music in the haunted mansion is different versions of "grim grinning ghosts," except for the attic scene.

i have a lot of haunted mansion facts.

one about dcl: idk if you can get the pin other places, but once i got the dcl engineering department pin by asking one of the workers what they did with the poop on the ship. he took me to his office near the engine room and told me and gave me a pin out of this HUGE drawer in his desk that had like, hundreds of them. idk if the pin is rare though, but the story's pretty fun :)
the pin: http://pinpics.com/pin.php?pin=14531&keyw=Cast Member 20th Anniversary Pin Trading Logo&origin=9
The haunted mansion in Disneyland had a kid many many years ago use a sling shot while on the ride. He hit a window and it caused it to make a spiderweb crack. They would have had to remove a very large area of glass to replace it and it would have cost thousands so instead they just put a fake spider over the spot and called it good.

Last edited:

Ranch

They dont let you sit at the front of the monorail anymore? bummer! D: that was always fun
Yeah, they started implementing that after the infamous monorail crash resulting in the death of one of the pilots.

I believe the balloon decals signify it was during "Year of a Million Dreams" event.. where you could get in free on your birth date.

Last edited:
I believe the balloon decals signify it was during "Year of a Million Dreams" event.. where you could get in free on your birth date.
Yeah, it was What Will You Celebrate? in 2009. I went for my birthday and got a gift card instead of the free admission. ...it didn't get me very far. :p
I moved to FL in 2009... I had completely forgotten the crash was that long ago. I hope it never happens again. :(

Soarin' officially opened on Cinco de Mayo of 2005. 5/5/05 (Epcot)

If you hear the spiel mention flight 5505, it is referencing to the opening day. (Epcot)

The orange scent from soarin' was originally from "Horizon" and they even had a perfume with that scent; not right now though...
I can totally imagine myself or someone I know smelling like Soarin' Orange or even seeing an ad.
eau de toilette "Soarin" by Disney

Last edited:
In the backlot of Hollywood Studio's, there's a "Singing In the Rain" umbrella on a light-post. If you stand under it and grab the handle, you get a surprise. It starts to rain.