Share Disney Park Secrets and Tips!

Chill

I don't go there enough to know "secrets" haha (I wish) but I've heard that if you yell "andy's coming" near toy story mascots, they'll play dead. Hahahaha.

kalyee

I don't go there enough to know "secrets" haha (I wish) but I've heard that if you yell "andy's coming" near toy story mascots, they'll play dead. Hahahaha.

I heard that they used to do this but stopped for safety reasons - don't know how accurate that is, though.

Ranch

I bet they stop because the word got out.. by the end I bet they were dropping 40 times a shift

----------

to get the true Jungle Cruise experience in Walt Disney World.. ride it close to park closing when the skippers are tired and delirious!

Kimi Lamperouge

Kimiana Jones, Captain!
1. If you look closely at the cemetery in the Haunted Mansion at Disney World, you can see a statue or an epitaph of Mr. Toad, a tribute to his Wild Ride that unfortunately perished when it was replaced by Winnie the Pooh.

2. And if you keep your eyes open on the Winnie the Pooh ride, you can see a photo of Mr. Toad handing the deed to the "ride property" to Owl, representing how Mr. Toad got replaced by Pooh.

3. On the Great Movie Ride you can see Mickey and Donald on the Egyptian Hieroglyphs.

4. Disney took a plane and cut it in half and placed the two pieces in different Disney Attractions: the front piece is in the Casablanca scene in the Great Movie Ride, and the back piece is on the Jungle Cruise.

I know a ton more, but I am brain dead at the moment. I've been going since 1996 when I was only a year old xD

Idk if this is a secret or whateves but we didnt know and someone had to tell us.

If u ever get Dream ears, go to the walt disney museum in Hollywood studios. There were a bunch of cast workers in there and they saw our dream ears and gAve us fast passes for every ride in the park. It wasnt like a return at a certain time one. It was like go whenever fast past.

It was way cool. I always wear my dream ears in the parks now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Stark

I still believe in heroes.
I didn't want to give this secret away because a lot of people might start doing it, but at WDW when you're at the ticket and transportation center, waiting for the monorail to get to the park you can take the resort monorail and it'll take you to the park as well. Instead of waiting in that long line for the express monorail. n the resort monorail, yes you stop at hotels but it still takes you to the park and you don't have to wait in line.

Also there's a hidden Mickey on WDW's Haunted Mansion ride on the table.

Also at WDW when you go and eat in Belle's Castle if you look up at the ceiling where they had the angels painted, close to the main door, that right corner (if you're facing the dining room and the big glass window) you'll see Minnie in the clouds.

Also at WDW - In Belle's Castle you'll see a hidden Mickey on one of the knight guard's weapon things.

I heard there's a hidden Mickey in MGM on the Great Movie Ride in that huge mural, but I've never been able to find it.

And before you guys say something about me calling it MGM and not Hollywood Studios... I'm a Floridian and to us Floridians it's always going to be MGM.

In the Animal Kingdom, there are over 320 animals carved into the Tree of Life.
While this may be shock some-- it is, in fact, not a real tree. :amazed:

I didn't want to give this secret away because a lot of people might start doing it, but at WDW when you're at the ticket and transportation center, waiting for the monorail to get to the park you can take the resort monorail and it'll take you to the park as well. Instead of waiting in that long line for the express monorail. n the resort monorail, yes you stop at hotels but it still takes you to the park and you don't have to wait in line.
Ferry is the way to go.

Years ago, we had a monorail host nickname the black monorail the Black Pearl. I think it needs to stick. :D

Also at WDW when you go and eat in Belle's Castle if you look up at the ceiling where they had the angels painted, close to the main door, that right corner (if you're facing the dining room and the big glass window) you'll see Minnie in the clouds.
Also, the angels are the children of the Imagineers!

(can't remember if that's already been mentioned)

---

One of the few good tips I have (which I hate sharing but feel compelled to) is Captain Cook's at the Polynesian has a̶l̶l̶-̶y̶o̶u̶-̶c̶a̶n̶-̶e̶a̶t̶ self-serve Dole Whip. No lines at Aloha Isle! (which feels like an attraction in itself) Capt. Cook's is open until the wee hours of the morning, too, so you can catch the monorail before or after your MK day and load up. Best part is, you can fill the cup as much as you want (MASH IT WITH A SPOON), and then...wipe it out and refill it! /no shame. :pose: (that's what you get for taking away my mug access, Disney. I'm coming for the zebra domes next)

They have really good food, too. It's worth a try! :bounce:

And before you guys say something about me calling it MGM and not Hollywood Studios... I'm a Floridian and to us Floridians it's always going to be MGM.
My family and I do that all the time! We always feel cool walking past the huge line to the resort monorail, which is often a very little wait, if not walk-on. And YES to the second part, it will always be MGM and I grew up in Florida too.

Idk if this is a secret or whateves but we didnt know and someone had to tell us.

If u ever get Dream ears, go to the walt disney museum in Hollywood studios. There were a bunch of cast workers in there and they saw our dream ears and gAve us fast passes for every ride in the park. It wasnt like a return at a certain time one. It was like go whenever fast past.

It was way cool. I always wear my dream ears in the parks now! :)
Wow I didn't know this! That's awesome, I'll have to try it next time for sure.

I love everyone's secrets and tips, they're so interesting! Keep 'em coming, you guys! (:

Haunted Mansion Holiday was supposed to come to Magic Kingdom too but they decided that they didn't want holiday overlays taking the place of the actual attraction just because of how many tourists come to WDW. All of the props that were made for it are currently used in the Tokyo version.

Also this is something a lot of people probably know about, back when the haunted mansion first opened there was something there that no longer is in the ride, the hatbox ghost, the effect didn't work as well as they planned so they took him out. It's been rumored that he's going to return soon. He made an appearance at D23 last year too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLFD-TBRdgA

Discovery Island & River Country are 2 abandoned places at WDW. Both left to rot, with lights and music always playing even tho no one's there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JwgmPEIDQ

The Wonders of Life Pavilion still has cranium command intact even though the original Pavilion has been closed since 2007. The Body Wars Queue is also intact but the simulators have been gutted.

The abandoned upstairs of Imageworks still sits there left to rot which is very sad

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479130

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKCp6LsYKcU

Food rocks, another abandoned thing by disney is possibly still there as of 2007 it's just covered up by the soarin queue area

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/food-rocks-pics-sept-24-2007.229181/

Another eerie secret is that an old max animatronic from country bear jamboree is destroyed and under the seance room in haunted mansion.

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/4/24/abandoned-disney-country-bear-max.html

it's such a sad thing that a company like Disney has all of these things happening behind closed doors.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
Haunted Mansion Holiday was supposed to come to Magic Kingdom too but they decided that they didn't want holiday overlays taking the place of the actual attraction just because of how many tourists come to WDW. All of the props that were made for it are currently used in the Tokyo version.

Also this is something a lot of people probably know about, back when the haunted mansion first opened there was something there that no longer is in the ride, the hatbox ghost, the effect didn't work as well as they planned so they took him out. It's been rumored that he's going to return soon. He made an appearance at D23 last year too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLFD-TBRdgA

Discovery Island & River Country are 2 abandoned places at WDW. Both left to rot, with lights and music always playing even tho no one's there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JwgmPEIDQ

The Wonders of Life Pavilion still has cranium command intact even though the original Pavilion has been closed since 2007. The Body Wars Queue is also intact but the simulators have been gutted.

The abandoned upstairs of Imageworks still sits there left to rot which is very sad

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479130

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKCp6LsYKcU

Food rocks, another abandoned thing by disney is possibly still there as of 2007 it's just covered up by the soarin queue area

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/food-rocks-pics-sept-24-2007.229181/

Another eerie secret is that an old max animatronic from country bear jamboree is destroyed and under the seance room in haunted mansion.

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/4/24/abandoned-disney-country-bear-max.html

it's such a sad thing that a company like Disney has all of these things happening behind closed doors.
The max one freaks me out, it looks likes he is staring at me :P

Something cool I saw is... While riding It's A Small World in Disneyland (BTW Happy 50th) If your lucky, just as your about to go into mexico, look to your right, if a door is open, (To take an empty boat in) You will see some small world holiday decorations (mainly from the beginning scene) Same thing goes with Holiday version (I saw the serpent taken apart from door :P) I'm not sure if this can happen too but there is a second door (To launch boats) behind you in the tunnel between mexico and Hawaii.

Something cool I saw is... While riding It's A Small World in Disneyland (BTW Happy 50th) If your lucky, just as your about to go into mexico, look to your right, if a door is open, (To take an empty boat in) You will see some small world holiday decorations (mainly from the beginning scene) Same thing goes with Holiday version (I saw the serpent taken apart from door :P) I'm not sure if this can happen too but there is a second door (To launch boats) behind you in the tunnel between mexico and Hawaii.
I'll have to check that out when I'm in DL over the summer!!

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member

I'll have to check that out when I'm in DL over the summer!!
Yeah, It is kinda rare however, I've been on a lot of times but I've only seen it 3 times but Good Luck, I hope you see it!

I know a bit of these, but I'll start with one that includes a freebie.

If you're at Disney for your first visit, on your birthday, or for other special occasions (family reunion, honeymoon, birthday, other celebrations), be sure to tell the person who you're booking your Disney hotel with, or go to Guest Relation's at any of the parks for a free pin. They're pretty large, too. About 3 inches across. I've never seen them request an ID or something to confirm you're actually having a Birthday or what-not, either, so you can pretty much get these year round. Ha.

Sorry the image quality is poor:

Last edited:

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
I know a bit of these, but I'll start with one that includes a freebie.

If you're at Disney for your first visit, on your birthday, or for other special occasions (family reunion, honeymoon, birthday, other celebrations), be sure to tell the person who you're booking your Disney hotel with, or go to Guest Relation's at any of the parks for a free pin. They're pretty large, too. About 3 inches across. I've never seen them request an ID or something to confirm you're actually having a Birthday or what-not, either, so you can pretty much get these year round. Ha.

Sorry the image quality is poor:
Never saw the Triumph one! That's awesome!

I know they don't do this anymore but if you had a special occasion at wdw you could actually ride in the very front of a monorail! I did it before for my birthday and the entire ride me and the driver were just looking for animals out the windshield! IT was really cool and after they would give you a special card and a sticker! They don't do it ever since the two monorail cars crashed into each other.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
I know they don't do this anymore but if you had a special occasion at wdw you could actually ride in the very front of a monorail! I did it before for my birthday and the entire ride me and the driver were just looking for animals out the windshield! IT was really cool and after they would give you a special card and a sticker! They don't do it ever since the two monorail cars crashed into each other.
They still do it in Disneyland!!! I just asked for it last month! (Yet to find out it was taken) So we sat in the back. :P Though they don't give you the card or the sticker there, its just cool!

Last edited:
They dont do this anymore. They used to do it at WDW - I remember being a youngin' and sitting up there :3

Ranch

1. If you look closely at the cemetery in the Haunted Mansion at Disney World, you can see a statue or an epitaph of Mr. Toad, a tribute to his Wild Ride that unfortunately perished when it was replaced by Winnie the Pooh.
He's more than a tribute.. he's the actual statue from the ride.. his previous home was at the center of Toad Hall. Pretty symbolic of CM's really. He was murdered by a bear, so bury him in the cemetery. :(

Yup.. you are totally an AdamTheWoo fan lol. Me too. Well... the adamthewoo before his park banishment LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcFR2PV-vPk&list=UU9ge_Lh9EwnT52YfhY1TsPw

I love the Dark Side of Disney author too, he's great with his "urban exploring" in the parks! And omg Draven Star.. yes plz! I'm way too scared to make my own exploring footage public.. not quite ready to be banned from the parks yet lol. That and a few CM's would probably get in trouble.

My ultimate park adventurer heroes are Hoot and Chief of Mesa Verde Times!!!!!!!!!1one!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneone1! They hopped off the ride in Horizons, and got all sorts of AWESOME footage within the guts of the scenes, all with a giant camcorder needing VHS tapes LOL..

check them out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MesaVerdeVideos/videos

Last edited:

relizabeth

You use to be able to do this at Disneyland until recently. Didn't have to be a special occasion you just had to ask.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

----------

They just stopped doing this about a month ago. But you use to be able to go up to the railroad first thing in the morning and get a ticket on the lily belle. It was Walt's private train car that he would take special guests in when they would come to the park. It was suppose to just be for club 33 guests but a select amount of people could get a ride that weren't club 33 members almost everyday. They just recently decided not to do this anymore. I'm glad I got to ride last time I was at the park. If you go to the parks a lot and want lots more secrets the mousewait app is great. People are always posting lots of secrets.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

----------

I know that if you want to ride a particular submarine for Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage at Disneyland, all you have to do is politely ask a cast member. Depending on the location of the sub in the ride, they will ask you if you don't mind waiting on the side of the que until your sub makes it way to the loading dock but honestly, its worth waiting to ride in your favorite sub and plus, if no one else is waiting for that same sub, you'll be the first one on. ^^
they also have a section for guests that dont want to ride but still want the experience of riding. you go through the exit and they have a room with a screen that makes you feel like your under the water but you dont have to actually get on the sub.

Last edited: