Shockwave issues

I usually play the game just fine on my iMac using Firefox, but I've been trying all night to get it to work on my MacBook Pro. I've tried Chrome, it instantly says Shockwave has crashed. I tried Firefox, missing application/x-director plugin. Tried Safari, actually got it to load but it is painfully laggy. Like dial-up circa 1995 kind of laggy. Takes like 5 min to enter a room, and my body never loads. Can't click on any of the NPC's either.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling shockwave with the latest version. I've googled for a solution, but couldn't find any answers other than reinstalling Shockwave. Any idea what could be wrong? I am not using Maverick on either machine.

allison

Shockwave has been causing some issues for me also :P. Whenever I log in to the game, it asks me if i want to update Shockwave. The thing is, though, i update it every time I log in, which I think is a problem obviously.

I just can't figure out why it works on one machine and not the other when they are both updated and running the same OS. Makes no sense to me.

So...... no suggestions?

Edit: And now I can't login on my iMac, which was previously working fine. I get the Shockwave loading screen, then after that a black screen. That's it. It stops on the black screen.

I play on a mac and it's literally the biggest pain to get on and I'm in the same boat as you. Firefox is the only browser where I can enter non-guest rooms and go to the NPCs/Games. Sometimes Chrome works but if I exit out and try to come back in I have a shockwave issue. I have however noticed that if I restart my computer that the shockwave issue goes away temporarily (and the lag). See if restarting your computer helps a little.

Tried restarting. Nothing. Tried rolling back to Shockwave 11, error that it is incompatible with the OS. Reinstalled Shockwave 12, got it to work on Chrome for a minute. Was able to get points from 1 NPC before it stopped working again. Sigh.

I just want to plaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!