Short rant about "Assassin"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catastrophe

Mrs. Boba Fett
Okay so personally, I don't know if it's just me, considering it seems like more than half of the myVMK players are a part of this game, but I am so over this Assassin game. No matter what room I'm in, there are people yelling "BLOCK ME IN OMG" or "IM SO ANXIOUS". Not only does it interrupt guest rooms who's purpose is not aimed towards the "Assassin" game, but it really does get annoying after a while.

It's not like it's able to be avoided either. It's not like "Oh, here is a falling chairs room, do I want to participate?" it's "oh do I want to go to any room ever and have people screaming and running and asking if certain people are online?"

I feel like I can't even have a conversation with people anymore because all they are thinking about is if their victim or assassin is in the room and if they are blocked in or not. It just causes so much unnecessary commotion in rooms that aren't even meant for the game.

I host a lot of games and hangout rooms and lately they have just been filled with people talking about the game or asking me to block them in. I'm so fed up with it and it's to the point where I just boot anyone in my room who talk about it. I really wish it hadn't came to that point, but really? It seems as if I don't have any other choice. I want people to focus on the game I'm hosting and it's hard for people to see what I'm saying when there is just constant useless text about Assassin going at the speed of light on my chat screen.

I don't know. I'm not trying to be a fun killer but this has gone beyond my tolerance level. I know you guys have fun but it seems like I can't have fun because all my friends are knee-deep in this game and all they worry about is me boxing them in to make sure they can't get "killed".

THERE IS NO TRUE ESCAPE *eye twitch*

ty for your time

-end-

chanyeol

sink your teeth in
I still love you, and I see where you're coming from. I really do. I'd be utterly annoyed if people were interrupting my games as well.

tbh, just stab them all.

Jasmine

Why don't you just ban mention of the game instead of booting people? Put that in the room description or something.

the most annoying thing to come to VMK other than bad attitudes lmao
It wouldn't be so bad if the people playing werent always typing in all caps an running around the rooms ..

Obviously no one is going to stop, bc it's true half the community is involved ... but if a room owner RESPECTFULLY asks you not to play in their room or puts it in the i, do not ignore them and continue playing. It's sooo disruptive and obnoxious to those who aren't playing and don't want to play. In the middle of cute or boot and all of a sudden the whole room is running around .... like I just left it was so irritating. That shouldn't be happening.

Why don't you just ban mention of the game instead of booting people? Put that in the room description or something.
TRIED THAT, it failed. They wouldn't stop!

Jasmine

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
It doesn't bother me much, but I can see where you're coming from. I hope you don't run into too many more problematic issues like this. Hugs. :hug:

Amen. I'll admit, I signed up this time around because everyone was playing Pan's game like a week ago and I wanted to see what all the fuss is about.
Turns out killing someone while you're afk on a ride is fair play??? Hmmmm.
But yeah, I was terrified to go into a highly populated room.

WHO

Despite the game's name, the game doesn't promote or encourage any kind of violent action. It's just a fun way to socialize with fellow players and keep the game fun and lively. Hugs. :hug:
Oh really? Because reading over the thread...

"I will send you a target on the forums and in-game. It'll be your job to kill them. To kill your target, stand beside them, say “BAM!” and screenshot it with your cursor over their name for validity. You will then post it in this thread. It should look something like this."

"1) You need to friend me in-game. This way, I can be sure you are active and not just choosing to avoid your killer in the easiest way possible (and send you your target).
2) You can not block yourself off with walls, etc. to the point where you can't click on your character.
3) You can not be in a locked room that is your own.
4) Glitching (such as the now-fixed teleportation glitch) is fair-play.
5) There will be no assassinations in a staff's event room.
6) You can not kill or be killed in Assassin Safe Zones. [x]
7) You may not photoshop your screenshots in any way. Take two separate screenshots with the IGN over their head and the kill in a separate one if you have to. But editing is definitely not okay.
8) Failure to comply will result in disqualification."

Now surely I don't have to give you a link to the definition of violent.

Exodus

Yes, it has taken over majority of the normal interaction in the game. If you host a falling chair for instance, be sure to clearly state you won't tolerate the Assassins discussion/involvement in your room. However, I just read the main Assassins thread and it appears they encourage people to be alarmed in non-safe zones (therefore encouraging the players to be caution when playing guest room games). I think you need to discuss with the host of Assassins to place a rule for all where guest room hosted games can be "safe zones" so players aren't so paranoid while participating in let's say, playing falling chairs, and disrupting the guest room environment of others.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Oh really? Because reading over the thread...

"I will send you a target on the forums and in-game. It'll be your job to kill them. To kill your target, stand beside them, say “BAM!” and screenshot it with your cursor over their name for validity. You will then post it in this thread. It should look something like this."

"1) You need to friend me in-game. This way, I can be sure you are active and not just choosing to avoid your killer in the easiest way possible (and send you your target).
2) You can not block yourself off with walls, etc. to the point where you can't click on your character.
3) You can not be in a locked room that is your own.
4) Glitching (such as the now-fixed teleportation glitch) is fair-play.
5) There will be no assassinations in a staff's event room.
6) You can not kill or be killed in Assassin Safe Zones. [x]
7) You may not photoshop your screenshots in any way. Take two separate screenshots with the IGN over their head and the kill in a separate one if you have to. But editing is definitely not okay.
8) Failure to comply will result in disqualification."

Now surely I don't have to give you a link to the definition of violent.
It seems as if you're uncomfortable with this game and I apologize for that. The theme may appear to be grim, but I think it was generally understood by most players that this was harmless fun and was not intended to upset any member. In no way does this event condone violence or encourage real world harm. In the future, if anything like this does upset you, it's important that you contact a staff member so that you're experience is more enjoyable. We're all friends here and we don't want anybody's experience to be hindered because of a misunderstanding such as this.

WHO

It seems as if you're uncomfortable with this game and I apologize for that. The theme may appear to be grim, but I think it was generally understood by most players that this was harmless fun and was not intended to upset any member. In no way does this event condone violence or encourage real world harm. In the future, if anything like this does upset you, it's important that you contact a staff member so that you're experience is more enjoyable. We're all friends here and we don't want anybody's experience to be hindered because of a misunderstanding such as this.
Well, I think this thread speaks for itself when we're talking about people's experiences being hindered. :)

Tay

a lot of you sound like buzzkills. if you dont like seeing people talk about it, and its too much for you to ignore, just log off or go to a different room. its a game that, as you say, "half" the community is playing, because its fun for them. i understand limitations can be put in place in certain rooms but honestly it isnt even that big of a deal to be upset about.

WHO

a lot of you sound like buzzkills. if you dont like seeing people talk about it, and its too much for you to ignore, just log off or go to a different room. its a game that, as you say, "half" the community is playing, because its fun for them. i understand limitations can be put in place in certain rooms but honestly it isnt even that big of a deal to be upset about.
If the game is bleeding into guest rooms that aren't designed for that/ aren't wanted in that room, then it IS a problem. People shouldn't have to leave their own guest rooms because people keep coming in and spamming, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.