Short rant about "Assassin"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
a lot of you sound like buzzkills. if you dont like seeing people talk about it, and its too much for you to ignore, just log off or go to a different room. its a game that, as you say, "half" the community is playing, because its fun for them. i understand limitations can be put in place in certain rooms but honestly it isnt even that big of a deal to be upset about.
If the game is bleeding into guest rooms that aren't designed for that/ aren't wanted in that room, then it IS a problem. People shouldn't have to leave their own guest rooms because people keep coming in and spamming, etc.
I don't really think it's fair to limit what we're allowed to discuss...so long as the talk about Assassin doesn't break the existing rules (spamming, inappropriate discussions, etc.), I don't see why it's a problem. /: If the room owner is having trouble with people disobeying their specific room rules they can always contact a staff member who will handle the situation accordingly.

a lot of you sound like buzzkills. if you dont like seeing people talk about it, and its too much for you to ignore, just log off or go to a different room. its a game that, as you say, "half" the community is playing, because its fun for them. i understand limitations can be put in place in certain rooms but honestly it isnt even that big of a deal to be upset about.
so im supposed to leave a game im hosting so im not a buzzkill
LOL ok.

Tay

If the game is bleeding into guest rooms that aren't designed for that/ aren't wanted in that room, then it IS a problem. People shouldn't have to leave their own guest rooms because people keep coming in and spamming, etc.
its a kingdom-wide game. if the owner of a room doesnt want people talking about assassin in their room, then theyre free to boot them. talking about the game isnt a problem, people who are negative and trying to kill the fun are a problem.

WHO

I don't really think it's fair to limit what we're allowed to discuss...so long as the talk about Assassin doesn't break the existing rules (spamming, inappropriate discussions, etc.), I don't see why it's a problem. /: If the room owner is having trouble with people disobeying their specific room rules they can always contact a staff member who will handle the situation accordingly.
But the whole idea of the game in itself is breaking the rules, no? Unless I missed something and in-game murder and pretending to assassinate someone is allowed now.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
But the whole idea of the game in itself is breaking the rules, no? Unless I missed something and in-game murder and pretending to assassinate someone is allowed now.
I would definitely contact a staff member about that then since you feel this is a violation of the rules. That's for sure the best thing you can do in this situation. Hugs. :hug:

Jasmine

its a kingdom-wide game. if the owner of a room doesnt want people talking about assassin in their room, then theyre free to boot them. talking about the game isnt a problem, people who are negative and trying to kill the fun are a problem.
Agreed... If discussion of the game is bothering you, you either ask for the people to stop, you ask them to leave, or you boot them, of course. The game has been great for the community. Lots of people who had stopped playing MyVMK are suddenly active players again. I'm sorry some people aren't listening when they're asked to quit discussing it, but overall, the game seems to be a positive thing. And it is a kingdom-wide game, so yes, discussion of it will take place kingdom wide. Yet again, sorry that people are interrupting your game, but I think your problem is with those persons, not with the game itself. Don't take it out on the game when it's a handful of players causing the issue.

As for the game being against the rules, no. If it were, then it wouldn't be allowed to be played. Staff are aware, because this is the second version of it. And if you want to talk technicalities, POTC would have to be considered inappropriate as well. Since when are pirates good? Aren't they essentially murderers, and by sinking ships, aren't you killing people? Yeah, so it's best we just not go there, or as @Oreo said, contact staff privately. :)

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Agreed... If discussion of the game is bothering you, you either ask for the people to stop, you ask them to leave, or you boot them, of course. The game has been great for the community. Lots of people who had stopped playing MyVMK are suddenly active players again. I'm sorry some people aren't listening when they're asked to quit discussing it, but overall, the game seems to be a positive thing. And it is a kingdom-wide game, so yes, discussion of it will take place kingdom wide. Yet again, sorry that people are interrupting your game, but I think your problem is with those persons, not with the game itself. Don't take it out on the game when it's a handful of players causing the issue.

As for the game being against the rules, no. If it were, then it wouldn't be allowed to be played. Staff are aware, because this is the second version of it. And if you want to talk technicalities, POTC would have to be considered inappropriate as well. Since when are pirates good? Aren't they essentially murderers, and by sinking ships, aren't you killing people? Yeah, so it's best we just not go there, or as @Oreo said, contact staff privately. :)
Jasmine spoke my mind. I think you're having more trouble with disruptive players. /:

And to @WHO/ICON, I'd definitely start a list of everything you'd like changed because there's lots of other things on this game you might have a problem with.

Just to name two things....
  • Haunted Mansion - The killing of "spirits"
  • POTC - Drinking, violence, murdering
And Amy stopped by earlier and chatted with some of us while we were discussing Assassin so apparently it's A-OK with our mods/admins. :thumbsup:

And again, for those who have problems with things, truly and honestly, the best way to go about your problems is by contacting the staff and addressing your concerns. That's the quickest and most efficient method of problem solving. If you identify something that needs to be fixed, contact the appropriate authorities.

@Catastrophe - I would advise your next step being to log specific incidents where you're encountering rude members, and sending their usernames along with a description of what happened to a moderator. I feel you. Hosting a game is hard enough, let alone trying to deal with those who aren't being cooperative!

WHO

Jasmine spoke my mind. I think you're having more trouble with disruptive players. /:

And to @WHO/ICON, I'd definitely start a list of everything you'd like changed because there's lots of other things on this game you might have a problem with.

Just to name two things....
  • Haunted Mansion - The killing of "spirits"
  • POTC - Drinking, violence, murdering
And Amy stopped by earlier and chatted with some of us while we were discussing Assassin so apparently it's A-OK with our mods/admins. :thumbsup:

And again, for those who have problems with things, truly and honestly, the best way to go about your problems is by contacting the staff and addressing your concerns. That's the quickest and most efficient method of problem solving. If you identify something that needs to be fixed, contact the appropriate authorities.
Pirates and the killing of spirits aren't something we deal with in real life. However, gun violence and mass murders are something that are on the news constantly. Anyway, I'm sure the mods will handle it when it continues to get more out of control.

Also congrats on finding out what my previous user-name was (as if it was so hard to figure out). What an accomplishment!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Pirates and the killing of spirits aren't something we deal with in real life. However, gun violence and mass murders are something that are on the news constantly. Anyway, I'm sure the mods will handle it when it continues to get more out of control.

Also congrats on finding out what my previous user-name was (as if it was so hard to figure out). What an accomplishment!
Pirates and spirits are actually a very very real thing. Even though we don't have a "Jack Sparrow" or "Davy Jones" we have pirates in all sense of the word, both online and even in real life. There's actually worldwide organizations that deal with helping seafarers and their families recover from the trauma of the growing threat of modern and very violent pirates. In 2012 alone, over 200 individuals were violently attacked by Somalian pirates. If you need some more links on modern piracy, I'll shoot...I mean...*send* over some links to some interesting articles on piracy. It's a topic that's very interesting to me and I'd love to share my knowledge on the topic for those interested. (: As for spirits, many individuals have religions that acknowledge spirits, and some people have even witnessed them too. I would think it would be unfair to say that spirits aren't something we deal with in real life.

Last edited:

WHO

Pirates and spirits are actually a very very real thing. Even though we don't have a "Jack Sparrow" or "Davy Jones" we have pirates in all sense of the words, but online and even in real life. There's actually worldwide organizations that deal with helping seafarers and their families recover from the trauma of the growing threat of modern and very violent pirates. In 2012 alone, over 200 individuals were violently attacked by Somalian pirates. If you need some more links on modern piracy, I'll shoot...I mean...*send* over some links to some interesting articles on piracy. It's a topic that's very interesting to me and I'd love to share my knowledge on the topic for those interested. (: As for spirits, many individuals have religions that acknowledge spirits, and some people have even witnessed them too. I would think it would be unfair to say that spirits aren't something we deal with in real life.
Don't worry about sending over some links. I can't say I have the time for it.

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
tbh what is assassin and how do u even play it? is it like mafia or something totally different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
First, I would like to let you all know that it was not my intention to make any of you so irritated, or even upset. Keep in mind that this is the first day, and everything will settle out in a few days. But I'd appreciate it if you'd hear me out, no matter how much you hate the game.

I joined in early October and left in January. I was sick of the high school-like social environment MyVMK was becoming (I understand it is inevitable because the community is mostly 16+). Not only was it socially upsetting, but everyone was so concerned with rares that I left for a bit. Lo and behold, I come back and see that Pan is hosting the original Assassin. I'm probably not the only one who came back from minimal activity because of this game. Not only did I meet a LOT of really amazing people from this game, but I had a lot of fun doing it. And that's really all I'm trying to do-- have fun, make friends.

Secondly, as difficult as this may be, don't interpret my responses as attacking you. I'm just telling you my side.

About the actual content. @WHO
This is the second run of the game and there has been no uproar from the staff about it. There's also the guest room game Mafia, and staff has never done anything about these game rooms. Kill, killer, assassinate, assassin, (etc) and dead are all approved, and you can say them freely. Disney and Nickelodeon are also pretty much known to have some inappropriate jokes in their movies and TV shows that children wouldn't catch. But there's even some pretty grim/iffy things staring at you in the face. Hook is killed. Ursula is killed. Absolem smokes a hookah. Bambi's mom dies. Mufasa dies. Maleficent dies (in the original movie). Ned is a Shrunken Head. We have a coffin furniture item. The heartless hamper was supposed to be for Snow White's heart. You sink ships in POTC and run over animals sometimes in JC. Some haunted mansion references are violent in themselves. Constance for example, killed multiple men. Pirates of the Caribbean has multiple references to alcohol and killing. Disney.

'...it seems like more than half of the myVMK players are a part of this game..."
"It's not like it's able to be avoided either."

"I feel like I can't even have a conversation with people anymore because all they are thinking about is if their victim or assassin is in the room and if they are blocked in or not. It just causes so much unnecessary commotion in rooms that aren't even meant for the game."

"I just boot anyone in my room who talk about it."
Eh, that's kind of a hasty generalization. There's about 60 people in the game, and there's over 3,000 forum members, and maybe 1,000 is actually active in the game. We're only talking about 6% of the players. I obviously have no idea what the average number of players is per day, but I really don't think this is as big of a game as you see it. I've had plenty of people with no idea what Assassin is, take iMax for example, and there's a lot of newbies wandering around that probably still don't even know POTC and HM are still in progress tbh.

It's because your friends are playing, and you've come into contact with many disruptive players. Which, honestly, there's a lot of. And yes, good for you. You do you, boot people who talk about it. But also, keep in mind that you shouldn't boot people who are already out of the game. At least ask, y'know? Because they're not doing anything, and probably just want to hang out. You booted a few people earlier today and they came back a little upset because they weren't playing anymore.

Amen. I'll admit, I signed up this time around because everyone was playing Pan's game like a week ago and I wanted to see what all the fuss is about.
Turns out killing someone while you're afk on a ride is fair play??? Hmmmm.
But yeah, I was terrified to go into a highly populated room.
You were standing in the forecourt. Midien went on the ride, and ended up in the same instance. I understand that you're upset that you lost when you were AFK, but I laid out the rules to be as fair as possible for everyone, and even now, they're still under revisions. You could have gone to your room and blocked yourself off with pixels if you needed to step away. Jasmine said exactly what I needed to say about going afk or trading and why I didn't make a rule for it, and I commented briefly as well. Refer to those posts if need be. But I'd really like to put this to rest, because it's just a game, and it's meant to be fun. I'm sorry if it wasn't for you, and if you really want, I'll give you a consolation prize, and I promise you it won't be a frying pan or expedition supplies.

Everything below is all I have left to say, and want to bring back again.

The game has been great for the community. Lots of people who had stopped playing MyVMK are suddenly active players again. I'm sorry some people aren't listening when they're asked to quit discussing it, but overall, the game seems to be a positive thing. And it is a kingdom-wide game, so yes, discussion of it will take place kingdom wide. Yet again, sorry that people are interrupting your game, but I think your problem is with those persons, not with the game itself. Don't take it out on the game when it's a handful of players causing the issue.

Amy stopped by earlier and chatted with some of us while we were discussing Assassin so apparently it's A-OK with our mods/admins. :thumbsup:
@Catastrophe - I would advise your next step being to log specific incidents where you're encountering rude members, and sending their usernames along with a description of what happened to a moderator. I feel you. Hosting a game is hard enough, let alone trying to deal with those who aren't being cooperative!
Thanks. If you have any problems, please PM me or a staff member and I'll try to work something out, but please give me time to respond because I need to keep the game organized, and there are 60 people I've gotta keep everything orderly and fair for.

Last edited:

InaDaze

The Confused One.
*NOTE* This game has in no way affected my gameplay *NOTE*

From what I have read I think the game is not doing any harm to MyVMK. It's not the game but the people who play the game. And these people who play this game could be a little more mindful and respectful in rooms if they know it's a game room or if the room owner does not completely enjoy the game being played in their room.

Then again this kind of thing could be said about numerous things in the kingdom... Not only the people who play this game.

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
*NOTE* This game has in no way affected my gameplay *NOTE*

From what I have read I think the game is not doing any harm to MyVMK. It's not the game but the people who play the game. And these people who play this game could be a little more mindful and respectful in rooms if they know it's a game room or if the room owner does not completely enjoy the game being played in their room.

Then again this kind of thing could be said about numerous things in the kingdom... Not only the people who play this game.
Yes. If anyone comes into your room and is being disrespectful, message me their username and I will personally message them about their involvement in the game. I think messaging staff is a bit rash as a first action because they have bigger things to worry about, so try to come to me first.

Bindingkey

i've never actually heard of this game??? i don't visit guest rooms THAT often. i've been thinking about starting to go into a falling chairs (my favorite VMK game), but i'm a little bit scared now hearing about this D:

i mean, i understand it's fun for some people but if i'm going to a falling chairs i'm expecting to play that game, not some trolling treasure hunt for jerks who just expect that they can do whatever they want wherever they want. it's not your room, and it's certainly not a room that even calls for that kind of behavior. like there's a time and a place for everything, be polite and be conscious of other people around you. this sounds rude.

"buzzkills", or just people making you aware of the fact that your fun is cutting into other people's enjoyment of other things this community has to offer. not every guest room is yours to play assassin, it's insensitive to only think about yourself for things like this. :ugh:[DOUBLEPOST=1401684696][/DOUBLEPOST]
you have a lot of issues with things that have zero to do with you. oh you don't like the game, but like that's nobody's problem. clearly this hasn't been banned by the staff, and it's not actually promoting violence. clearly that much is obvious, that's not the problem. and Disney has shown worse in their old movies, like i don't mean to be harsh but grow up, it's just a game and no one is actually getting hurt.

Last edited:

Tay

i've never actually heard of this game??? i don't visit guest rooms THAT often. i've been thinking about starting to go into a falling chairs (my favorite VMK game), but i'm a little bit scared now hearing about this D:

i mean, i understand it's fun for some people but if i'm going to a falling chairs i'm expecting to play that game, not some trolling treasure hunt for jerks who just expect that they can do whatever they want wherever they want. it's not your room, and it's certainly not a room that even calls for that kind of behavior. like there's a time and a place for everything, be polite and be conscious of other people around you. this sounds rude.

"buzzkills", or just people making you aware of the fact that your fun is cutting into other people's enjoyment of other things this community has to offer. not every guest room is yours to play assassin, it's insensitive to only think about yourself for things like this. :ugh:
hiya, the people who play assassin arent rude, they arent purposely annoying, theyre playing a game. i said in a previous post that of course guest room owners can boot any players they feel are "spamming" about it. i feel like a lot of the excitement concerning the game was because its the first day of starting it. i was just saying the game itself isnt a problem and that a lot of the posts on this thread are over-exaggerated and unnecessary

Guitar

This too shall pass. It's another annoying interwebs phase... And to be honest, I have no idea what the "Assassin" thing is about. Don't want to know. :)

Question

Very Questionable
i still think assassin is more interesting than the usual falling chairs and cute or boot you see everyday. it's a breath of fresh air because it's different and also shows that there can be more variety in user made games. i haven't actually decided to participate in it because user made games just aren't my thing. just let the people who do play have fun and if you don't want it in your room, ask them to stop. if they don't stop, then the obvious thing to do is boot them. do not feel bad for them because if they don't listen to you they deserve the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.