Should exorcisms be banned?

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I am super curious. Should exorcisms be banned or stay?
Anyone who says they should be banned I'd ask, "why in the ( ) should they be banned?" lol Are people actually seriously considering that today? It would show the human populace stupidity to not realize the ramifications if they placed a "ban" on it. Whereas that just be illegal for the church or for a private citizen to perform those rites; legal or not, they will still be performed when necessary. From a medical and spiritual standpoint, possession is as real as the computer in front of you. Of course, one shouldn't conclude right away that an exorcism is the only recourse of action. There are a lot of things at play when it comes to this topic and deciding if it should be done or not is very important. It should never be attempted by someone who doesn't have expertise in the field.

It should unequivocally stay without second thought. I do think their needs to be more stringent laws though with citizens so that they can get proper training and time in the field instead of attempting rituals and exorcisms inside their own homes, without having any clue as to what they're actually doing which is a danger not only to themselves but to the person they're practicing on.

Anyone who says they should be banned I'd ask, "why in the ( ) should they be banned?" lol Are people actually seriously considering that today? It would show the human populace stupidity to not realize the ramifications if they placed a "ban" on it. Whereas that just be illegal for the church or for a private citizen to perform those rites; legal or not, they will still be performed when necessary. From a medical and spiritual standpoint, possession is as real as the computer in front of you. Of course, one shouldn't conclude right away that an exorcism is the only recourse of action. There are a lot of things at play when it comes to this topic and deciding if it should be done or not is very important. It should never be attempted by someone who doesn't have expertise in the field.

It should unequivocally stay without second thought. I do think their needs to be more stringent laws though with citizens so that they can get proper training and time in the field instead of attempting rituals and exorcisms inside their own homes, without having any clue as to what they're actually doing which is a danger not only to themselves but to the person they're practicing on.
Yes! This is exactly how I feel about it too! I feel they should stay because a lot of people do get better after having one done to them. I do think that people should know what they are doing first before they try to do this on their own or I believe it could get bad o.o

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Yes! This is exactly how I feel about it too! I feel they should stay because a lot of people do get better after having one done to them. I do think that people should know what they are doing first before they try to do this on their own or I believe it could get bad o.o
No joke there...people do stupid stuff and it can turn bad very quickly. By the way, how's the sleep paralysis going? Are you keeping the journal like I asked and writing down everything?

No joke there...people do stupid stuff and it can turn bad very quickly. By the way, how's the sleep paralysis going? Are you keeping the journal like I asked and writing down everything?
It is actually going good o.o I still have evil type dreams BUTTTTTTT no sleep paralysis yet. I like having scary dreams instead of that because it is not so real looking.

I do think their needs to be more stringent laws though with citizens so that they can get proper training and time in the field instead of attempting rituals and exorcisms inside their own homes, without having any clue as to what they're actually doing which is a danger not only to themselves but to the person they're practicing on.
what do u mean by this? do u mean there should be laws made by the government to control this or just the catholic church? not everyone who performs exorcisms and rituals similar to exorcisms is christian so this would never work lol

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
It is actually going good o.o I still have evil type dreams BUTTTTTTT no sleep paralysis yet. I like having scary dreams instead of that because it is not so real looking.
Good, I think the important thing is to focus on the sleep paralysis problem first. If the scary dreams become a problem, that should be handled after this issue. We'll speak in-depth about it in November just mark it in your journal in case I forget to bring it up so we can go over everything.

what do u mean by this? do u mean there should be laws made by the government to control this or just the catholic church? not everyone who performs exorcisms and rituals similar to exorcisms is christian so this would never work lol
Well the holy Roman catholic church (the Vatican) has been is its own governmental, sovereign entity as recognized by international law; even if the Italian government banned exorcisms, it would prove difficult to uphold unless it was supported by church doctrine and the Vatican. What I'm saying is IF governments decided to ban exorcisms worldwide for various reasons (probably because they think it's "too dangerous then" - I.E. - why most laws are made by man), in each respective country, then the people and governments alike should take a step back and only put laws outlining specific regulations of who can perform exorcisms "legally". To be perfectly honest with you, I for one have never seen a legitimate exorcism performed by someone who didn't have true faith in God, Christ, Angels and Demons etc. On the same token, I have however, seen people that don't believe in demons, actually possessed before and had to have one performed. I'm not saying it's impossible to have a demon pulled out of someone if they don't believe, but I've yet to see it. That would definitely be an interesting case to study if someone did, without any faith. You also have to keep in mind that demons can leave upon their own accord, it doesn't necessarily mean the person without faith or any expertise did it on their own. Obviously these cases, if they were to happen, would have to be studied etc. just like any other case of exorcism.

Good, I think the important thing is to focus on the sleep paralysis problem first. If the scary dreams become a problem, that should be handled after this issue. We'll speak in-depth about it in November just mark it in your journal in case I forget to bring it up so we can go over everything.

Well the holy Roman catholic church (the Vatican) has been is its own governmental, sovereign entity as recognized by international law; even if the Italian government banned exorcisms, it would prove difficult to uphold unless it was supported by church doctrine and the Vatican. What I'm saying is IF governments decided to ban exorcisms worldwide for various reasons (probably because they think it's "too dangerous then" - I.E. - why most laws are made by man), in each respective country, then the people and governments alike should take a step back and only put laws outlining specific regulations of who can perform exorcisms "legally". To be perfectly honest with you, I for one have never seen a legitimate exorcism performed by someone who didn't have true faith in God, Christ, Angels and Demons etc. On the same token, I have however, seen people that don't believe in demons, actually possessed before and had to have one performed. I'm not saying it's impossible to have a demon pulled out of someone if they don't believe, but I've yet to see it. That would definitely be an interesting case to study if someone did, without any faith. You also have to keep in mind that demons can leave upon their own accord, it doesn't necessarily mean the person without faith or any expertise did it on their own. Obviously these cases, if they were to happen, would have to be studied etc. just like any other case of exorcism.

Okay I will do so! :) Thank you for your help :)

Only put this in spoilers bc I mentioned religion hehe. I am a very devout Orthodox Christian and I do not think that exorcisms should be banned. I know plenty of priests that I have talked to in my diocese that have done exorcism prayers. It isn't very often, but I have heard stories and our church does have prayers for it, just incase. I do know that exorcism in our church is mainly used for baptisms though, right at the beginning.