Sims

I have all three main Sims games on PC, Sims 2 on PS2, Castaways on PS2, and The Urbz.

I love the PC games a lot more than the PlayStation ones because, in my opinion, while Sims can have a story in them, they shouldn't have a sort of mission-based "story mode" like the Sims and Sims 2 on PlayStation 2 did. In Castaways and Urbz I think it really worked given the circumstances of the respective stories (especially Castaways, to the point where I am, without a doubt, going to get Castaway Stories on PC someday) but on the core games on consoles I really don't think it did. Especially unlockable objects in buy mode for the free play.

I personally prefer The Sims 2 on PC over 3 simply because I enjoy the designs much more. The Sims in 3 never quite looked right to me, I dunno, something about the faces just seems odd... Oh, and I do enjoy quite a few pre-made Sims in 2 over 3, the Tricou family from Nightlife being my favorite.

CyanLilPrincess said:
I have all three main Sims games on PC, Sims 2 on PS2, Castaways on PS2, and The Urbz.

I love the PC games a lot more than the PlayStation ones because, in my opinion, while Sims can have a story in them, they shouldn't have a sort of mission-based "story mode" like the Sims and Sims 2 on PlayStation 2 did. In Castaways and Urbz I think it really worked given the circumstances of the respective stories (especially Castaways, to the point where I am, without a doubt, going to get Castaway Stories on PC someday) but on the core games on consoles I really don't think it did. Especially unlockable objects in buy mode for the free play.

I personally prefer The Sims 2 on PC over 3 simply because I enjoy the designs much more. The Sims in 3 never quite looked right to me, I dunno, something about the faces just seems odd... Oh, and I do enjoy quite a few pre-made Sims in 2 over 3, the Tricou family from Nightlife being my favorite.
In Sims 3 they all had pudding faces and everyone looked exactly the same. Customising actual Sims was a bust.

Kitten

Kittens inspired by kittens!
cheeringmuffin said:
My favorite EP on the other hand would be "Makin' Magic!" Nothing they have one since has rivaled it in my eyes. It may not be so great now but in it's day "Makin' Magic!" was the best around.
I'm guessing you haven't played the "Supernatural" EP then...

Glitter said:
In Sims 3 they all had pudding faces and everyone looked exactly the same. Customising actual Sims was a bust.
Oh, thank you! I was wondering what my one friend called the Sims in 3... hehe.

Customizing Sims was pretty bad but most of the people who make lots seem to love it. Oh, and making custom Neighborhoods is something that I decided to do in 2 only. :P

Shrimp said:
Do any of you guys have an actual mypage on the Sims 3 site? I need some friends who are both simmers and vmkayers ._.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/JOiNE

Aren't you able to interact with other Sims 3 players? Like, send things to their towns or something..? I never really looked into it because I didn't know anybody that was registered, really. But it seems like several of you are, so maybe I'll fix up my page and actually try it out.
Has anyone done this?

Glitter said:
Aren't you able to interact with other Sims 3 players? Like, send things to their towns or something..? I never really looked into it because I didn't know anybody that was registered, really. But it seems like several of you are, so maybe I'll fix up my page and actually try it out.
Has anyone done this?
You're able to send Sims to their towns if you own the Showtime expansion pack, but that's as much as I know.

CyanLilPrincess said:

i agree i have all main sims on pc too and i had bustin out and urbz for playstation 2

but i really loved pleasantview and was upset that they made sims 3 a prequel of pleasantview so it was like angela and lilith pleasant dont exist... it was just weird. even the Sims 1 had pleasantview in it!
but im really interested in sims 4 bc it gives more of a sims 2 look and feel and i hope they either continure with pleasantview or introduce a new interesting maxis story ^_^

i liked the sims 2 for its simplicity. i played this version the most.

sims 3 was cool because everything was very customizeable - traits being my favorite. however it was seriously just too much.

and now sims 4 is coming out

Sims is my life. I love Sims 3 specifically for the realism of it. The craziness is fun but I love build/buy mode on the Sims 3 and the Create A Sim mode (I have a lot of mods for it though). My favorite expansion pack for the Sims 3 is definitely Late Night. I love living in a city. I also really like World Adventures. Pets, IMO, was a huge let down and University is good but too much work.

DGam'r

I currently have been playing Sims 3 as of late and a few expansions. My favorite expansions have to be University and Seasons right now

mewho said:
i agree i have all main sims on pc too and i had bustin out and urbz for playstation 2

but i really loved pleasantview and was upset that they made sims 3 a prequel of pleasantview so it was like angela and lilith pleasant dont exist... it was just weird. even the Sims 1 had pleasantview in it!
but im really interested in sims 4 bc it gives more of a sims 2 look and feel and i hope they either continure with pleasantview or introduce a new interesting maxis story ^_^
Pleasantview is one of my favorite pre-made neighborhoods. The main problem I had with Sunset Valley was that a lot of the characters were really boring and uninteresting.

As my friend said, Sims 4 is how I wished Sims 3 looked. I'm pretty excited for Sims 4 and I can't wait to get it.

only thing i loved about sims 3 was that everyone aged while you're in one persons house. as long as they have that and a continuation of pleasantville i'll be happy.

kaitrock

My favorite would be Island Paradise if it wasn't so laggy. I also liked sims 3 seasons, university, and late night.

I have almost all the Sims 3 expansions, and like 5 Sims 2 expansions. I like them both, they're both unique, although Sims 2 is better in some developments, and Sims 3 is better in others.