Skin Care Products!

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
This might be kind of a weird question, but what kind of skin care products do you guys use? Do you use a certain brand/brands?
(I'm asking this because I just washed my face.)
I pretty much exclusively use Clinique... I've been using it since middle school, aha.

Elle

Clean and clear. It's always worked for me. :)

And then if I get stressed and I break out a little, I buy the aloe vera plant lol and green tea masks.
So in the morning I use the masks (only like $3 at rainbows for 30 sheets I believe), then wash my face with clean and clear 12 hour bottle and in the night I do the same steps but in the end I take the gel from the plant and leave it on my face and just go to bed with it because it dries pretty fast.

It worked for me and I have pretty bad skin that doesn't agree with other products, sadly. x_x so this has been working atm. ^_^

For starters, I have pesky combination skin. I've just been washing my face with a wet microfiber cloth and using an exfoliator 1-2 a week. It keeps my skin squeaky clean without drying and the extra cost of a cleanser. For moisturizer, I literally just use coconut and argan oil. It keeps my skin super soft and clear, and actually helps to minimize oil production. I use homemade masks when I remember, LOL. I'll use whatever skincare samples I get from Sephora and whatnot, but I found that I can achieve my ideal skin with items I already have in my kitchen. You'd be surprise at how many beneficial foods you can slather on you face. :D I can't believe some people will pay $200+ for skincare products. :whoa:

One thing I'm still struggling with, though, is my dark circles. They won't budge. Can anyone recommend an eye cream?

Cat

I'm allergic to most skin care products so I have to be very careful with what I put on my face. That being said, I use a basic store brand, non fancy, face wash which contains no acne treatment or weird chemicals. For a moisturizer I use Alba's green tea all natural stoofs and if I do get an occasional breakout I have a prescription ointment that i'm not allergic to.

One time I tried an acne face wash/moisturizer and I got a chemical burn from the allergic reaction. I couldn't wear makeup or wash my face with anything but water for 2 weeks, it was terrible haha.

Zoey

Clean & Clear face wash is a great brand and perfect for gentle skin. There's this one face wash i wouldn't use again- equate oil free daily face wash. That stuff will dry the heck out of your skin. & just a tip when applying any face makeup always pat, it'll make it last longer. You can search that stuff up helps a lot! & use a facial cleansing mask for dirty pores, you can get a good brand or you can do it homemade. (:

Chill

I have sensitive/dry skin and I actually prefer neutrogena (idk?? lol everyone's told me to buy from a more gentle brand because of my sensitivity but it just works for me for some reason) in particular the oil-free sensitive skin moisturizer, and sensitive skin cleanser.

I've had my share of horror stories... That's what sensitive skin'll do to ya. At a sleepover once, I used a single one of my friend's drugstore brand makeup remover wipes to remove eye makeup and for the next four days, my under-eyes swelled up like two red flakey burning balloons and became so raw and irritated that I considered going to the ER but instead just went to my regular doctor who had a tough time helping me out since she would normally advise to use steroid cream with skin in this condition but steroid cream in your eye is bad, bad news, so instead I was stuck with this random prescription ointment which did nothing but soothe the pain and allow me to gingerly remove the small amount of concealer still on the skin from prior to the irritation that was only adding to the discomfort...

Wow lol well I really blabbed on.

I use proactive, it works pretty good. The only issue I have with it is it takes about a month or two for you to start seeing results when you first start using it. Also you have to use it every day or else you will break out again.

supernovagirl

I love the Purity face wash! :)

I use the purity wipes at night!!

I use the regular Clinique facial wash. It has such a clean smell and leaves my face feeling fresh :)
I have combination skin (oily around my nose and eyebrows "t-area" and dry around my cheeks) and I have bad stress break outs and this wash keeps my face super clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

citrus-swirl

Little Orange Bird
The Oatifix face mask from Lush is AMAZING for dry skin (and it smells like bananas!)

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I've used probably over the course of my teenage years about 40 different products. Now I basically exclusively use:

St. Ive's Apricot Scrub (With my Clairsonic Mia)
Noxzema Moisturizing Deep Facial Cleanser
Olay Complete Daily Moisturizer/Sunscreen
Cucumber, Chocolate & Strawberries, or Grape Seed Facial Masks.

Hah the Target Up and Up brand is pretty good stuff.
Well, as far as getting rid of acne.. That's all I use, really.
I'm a sorry excuse for a girl lol

Kanye

i use cetaphil- its amazing! clears everything and if you have a huge pimple, you just wash your face with it once for the day and it dries it out.

Otters

I don't really have a certain brand or anything, I still try out a bunch of different things atm, but I lOVE St. Ive's Apricot Scrub. I use it in the shower everyday
and it's pretty much one of the only things I repurchase every time. Target's brand also has a scrub that I like a lot tbh lol. I also like the masks from Ulta idk I forgot
the brand but rn I have chocolate & strawberries and I love it omg.