Suicidal Tendencies

Depression has a different quality than the normal range of sadness that you may feel throughout the day. When you are depressed you do not feel like being with anybody. You either sleep way more than usual or you can hardly sleep at all. Similarly, your appetite is either nonexistent or increases dramatically. Your energy level goes way down and you have a feeling of hopelessness about life. As difficult as it may be it is important to get out of the house and get some help. You are not alone. i didn't write this

Just a poem i wrote last night, when feeling empty and lonely, please dont criticize, i put so much thought into it:(

I've lost hope lost my faith I got none left
I only hope that when tomorrow comes it'll bring death

There's no love in my life no love in my household
This act is starting to get real old

Man its so cold when you in bed alone
Wishing someone was laying next to you, but there is none

There's nobody there nothing but darkness
No one to touch, hug, or kiss

If you cant look forward to tomorrow what's the point of today
I want to leave this earth, but something making me stay

Some kind of force is keeping from leaving this earth
The angel of death has been breathing down my neck since birth

and these voices in my head are getting to loud to ignore
What did I do lord? why you gotta do this for

Why cant you jus let me be leave me in peace
All this hatred and sorrow is turning me into a beast

I hate what I've become, did god save me as a child?
Or was that the devil the one that answered when I dialed

For a prayer as I laid in the hospital bed
Why did I survive sometimes I wish I had died instead

Of surviving it why did I live why didn't I pass on to the next life why
Do I go to bed every night with my pillow and cry?

The pain is getting too much to bear
I just wish someone would care

I have suffered from major depression and anxiety and all that comes with it for the past 6 years. It's really only been this last year where I can finally see a light at that dark pit of a hole it puts you in. Your poem really speaks to me.

You're a really great writer... like no joke.
i really just put in my life story into it. ive been in and out of hospitals from suicide and overdose, and for the devil part, i dont know where to start ive been going to church since i was little, and ive gaven up because i get nothing from it. i tried to be " saved " and i ended up just worse it feels like. but thank you!
- not to mention last night when i was crying, my mom didn't care. she never cares, so i decided to include that in my poem also, i've written poems in creative writing as school, but really never done it in my own time.

I have suffered from major depression and anxiety and all that comes with it for the past 6 years. It's really only been this last year where I can finally see a light at that dark pit of a hole it puts you in. Your poem really speaks to me.
I've had depression for 4 years, along with anxiety. I cant seem to get away from it. I'm glad you are feeling better! Thank you.

Thank you <3 All I can say is time, most times it feels like you are never going to get better, but if you look at where you were during that first year I'm sure that some things are better now. It's hard when you really do not care about anything or have less than zero interest in anything, just go at your own pace and you will get there too. That you can put it down into words I would say is a good sign.

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
That was amazing, of course it's sad that it's coming from your life experience. You're pretty talented, and you seem like you've been going through a lot in your life and still are. If you ever need someone to talk too, please don't hesitate to PM me because I do care.

That was amazing, of course it's sad that it's coming from your life experience. You're pretty talented, and you seem like you've been going through a lot in your life and still are. If you ever need someone to talk too, please don't hesitate to PM me because I do care.
I will PM you, i really always could use someone, my depression kicks my butt to the point where i dont know what to do, or how to even express it.

I dealt with depression throughout middle school and most of high school. I hated who I was and thought that I was making the lives of those around me worse which lead me to distance myself from everyone. I was always in my head constantly "screaming" at myself for not doing things well enough, not being the person who I thought I should be. In high school, most nights that I drove home from work I had the urge to drive my car off the road or into a tree because I didn't think there was any point for me to continue living. Sadly, looking back now I can say that most of those feelings and thoughts were choices made by me. I chose to be sad. I chose to hate who I was. There were factors that influenced those views, but overall I was the one continuously picking at my wounds. I don't know you or what you go through, but I know that your own views on who you are, what you are doing, and where you are going can play a huge role in how you feel. The principles of life tell you that you need things or to accomplish certain things to be happy, when happiness is really a choice. I wish that I had chosen to be happy with who I was, the blessing of life and the parts of it that I really did appreciate but didn't want to acknowledge earlier in life so that I didn't spend so long in whatever pit I was in.

Exactly a week ago, one of my friends from high school committed suicide. We weren't very close but he went to my church, I saw him there often, and we hung out together in groups several times over the interval of a few years. I haven't talked to him for at least three years since he left home for college and I started attending different colleges. But, when I heard that he killed himself I cried. He touched the hearts of a lot of people who he probably had no idea would even notice that he was gone, just from being the that person he was. He didn't do anything special to impact my life, but he was a kind soul and I wish that I had been there for him through whatever he was dealing with. My point is that you affect the lives of many more people than you are aware of. I don't know what to think about suicide anymore. For going through such a long period in my life where I thought about how much better every one else's' lives would be without me, I think that it is a selfish thing to do. You are young and you have so much life left to experience. Hopefully something that I wrote struck a chord with you. It does get better, believe me =)

InfinityFay

I used to be depressed.
Maybe still am, but what I've learned is that you've got to change your attitude.

OMG it's hard, yes. But this is YOUR life. Want to fix it? You only get one.
It started in 8th grade for me. And I'm a sophomore in college. So I know what I'm talking about when I say that when you look into the darkness and want to see light, you're kidding yourself.

Relax and find that light by opening some windows. Stop living in darkness. Easier said than done.

Hey, please send me a PM if you feel like you want to talk more. I'll help you out.

This poem really speaks to me because I've felt this way too.. I hope you have friends you can rely on. Because that's who I go to most if I feel like this. if you don't have any friends you can rely on, then I urge you to talk to me.. Or not even me...just anyone you find to be kind on these forums who you think will listen to you. Because we all do need someone, despite common belief.

Mossie

Forest Faery and Occasional Pirate

I've dealt with major depression and severe anxiety for 7 years now, these lines really hit me.
You are very talented, this was really heartfelt. I hope you can one day find light in the darkness, I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to <3

I've dealt with major depression and severe anxiety for 7 years now, these lines really hit me.
You are very talented, this was really heartfelt. I hope you can one day find light in the darkness, I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to <3
Aww, thanks :) i will keep this in mind!

This poem really speaks to me because I've felt this way too.. I hope you have friends you can rely on. Because that's who I go to most if I feel like this. if you don't have any friends you can rely on, then I urge you to talk to me.. Or not even me...just anyone you find to be kind on these forums who you think will listen to you. Because we all do need someone, despite common belief.
believe it or not, i dont have " good " friends outside of vmk. theres people i talk to, but i cant have heart to heart talks with them. i have more closer friends on vmk than in real life :D thank you!

I used to be depressed.
Maybe still am, but what I've learned is that you've got to change your attitude.

OMG it's hard, yes. But this is YOUR life. Want to fix it? You only get one.
It started in 8th grade for me. And I'm a sophomore in college. So I know what I'm talking about when I say that when you look into the darkness and want to see light, you're kidding yourself.

Relax and find that light by opening some windows. Stop living in darkness. Easier said than done.

Hey, please send me a PM if you feel like you want to talk more. I'll help you out.
I am feeling better, i got switched prescriptions ( yay ) but they make me more sleepy. i will keep you in mind, thank you!

I dealt with depression throughout middle school and most of high school. I hated who I was and thought that I was making the lives of those around me worse which lead me to distance myself from everyone. I was always in my head constantly "screaming" at myself for not doing things well enough, not being the person who I thought I should be. In high school, most nights that I drove home from work I had the urge to drive my car off the road or into a tree because I didn't think there was any point for me to continue living. Sadly, looking back now I can say that most of those feelings and thoughts were choices made by me. I chose to be sad. I chose to hate who I was. There were factors that influenced those views, but overall I was the one continuously picking at my wounds. I don't know you or what you go through, but I know that your own views on who you are, what you are doing, and where you are going can play a huge role in how you feel. The principles of life tell you that you need things or to accomplish certain things to be happy, when happiness is really a choice. I wish that I had chosen to be happy with who I was, the blessing of life and the parts of it that I really did appreciate but didn't want to acknowledge earlier in life so that I didn't spend so long in whatever pit I was in.

Exactly a week ago, one of my friends from high school committed suicide. We weren't very close but he went to my church, I saw him there often, and we hung out together in groups several times over the interval of a few years. I haven't talked to him for at least three years since he left home for college and I started attending different colleges. But, when I heard that he killed himself I cried. He touched the hearts of a lot of people who he probably had no idea would even notice that he was gone, just from being the that person he was. He didn't do anything special to impact my life, but he was a kind soul and I wish that I had been there for him through whatever he was dealing with. My point is that you affect the lives of many more people than you are aware of. I don't know what to think about suicide anymore. For going through such a long period in my life where I thought about how much better every one else's' lives would be without me, I think that it is a selfish thing to do. You are young and you have so much life left to experience. Hopefully something that I wrote struck a chord with you. It does get better, believe me =)
I'm sooooo sorry that happened, i use to bully this girl when i was younger and she got raped and killed, and it hit me. i bring this up because its the only person around my age i knew that died early. I do have more life to live, but some times i feel like im not going anywhere. I hate to say, but im really glad im not driving because i would have probably made a stupid move.