Survey

how long have you been playing myVMK? -2 years

how old are you? (if you rather put an age range, than specific age that is fine :)) -24

did you play the original VMK? -yes

what is your in game name, and why did you choose it? -meggo; my friends irl gave me that nickname so I just went with it

have you gotten any other people to play (like friends or family, if so who and how many?) -2 people; my friend and sister in law.

how often do you play? and is there a pattern to it (for instance, every night after work, or only in the mornings, etc.)? -every night

what is your favorite item or most prized possession on VMK (clothing, pin, furni, etc.) and why? -mickey ears; idk I just love them

what is your favorite thing about VMK, or you're favorite thing to do? -my favorite thing about vmk is meeting new people. my favorite thing to do is to play pirates

why do you keep getting on VMK or why did you leave? - i keep getting on because its an escape from reality tbh

what is you're least favorite thing? - the drama

what do you do most when you're on? (trade, sits, games, chat with friends, build rooms, etc?) -games and chat with friends

what are some slang words you use in game? -i don't really use slang, more abbreviations if anything.

are there any traditions, stories, jokes, etc. you and your in game friends have? -yes

Have you ever received some medal from the staff for best game room, best room, and art design, story, etc.? And if so, what did it mean to you? -nope

how long have you been playing myVMK?
Since it opened (3 years, 3 months)

how old are you?

did you play the original VMK?
Yes

what is your in game name, and why did you choose it?
My former username, (QueenPurpleDress) was because of my lucky purple dress. So, I changed it to something shorter that still embodied the Queen of the Purple Dress for auditions. I was always complimented about carrying myself with grace, but since that username was infamous at the time, I went with something similar. Elegance.

have you gotten any other people to play (like friends or family, if so who and how many?)
My friend since first grade got me to join the original in '07. When MyVMK came out, I ended up getting her to join.

how often do you play? and is there a pattern to it?
I usually am on in the evenings (7-11pm EST), but right now I'm unable to log on due to system compatibility issues.

what is your favorite item or most prized possession on VMK (clothing, pin, furni, etc.) and why?
My Original Princess Minnie hat is my most prized possession. I won it in a player made scavenger hunt, and had a blast racing all my friends. It is such a great memory.

what is your favorite thing about VMK, or you're favorite thing to do?
I love playing mini games and talking with people.

why do you keep getting on VMK or why did you leave?
I honestly don't know why I keep logging on, but I also don't know why I don't leave. I guess it's something to do. I love Disney, so why not mingle with people who feel the same?

what is you're least favorite thing?
The bullying. Now that we're all grown up, there are real issues and opinions that people don't agree with or necessarily like. There's a sense of security behind a computer screen, and people say things they wouldn't normally say to someone because they know they won't get in trouble. I'll be honest, unfortunately I've gotten caught up in it in the past. Because of that, it still follows me around and it sucks. But my advice to myself and anybody bothering to read this is ignore it. If someone is treating you like pixels and not like a living, breathing, person, then they're not worth caring about either. But above all, kill them with kindness.

what do you do most when you're on?
Games and chatting with friends.

what are some slang words you use in game?
Gg (good game), afk (away from keyboard), irl (in real life)

are there any traditions, stories, jokes, etc. you and your in game friends have?
Not really. The only story of note I have is that 3 years ago, I couldn't sleep so I logged on forums and went to the shoutbox. I didn't think anyone would be on at 2am but there was, Kirito. He told me a bedtime story and to this day is my favorite memory.

Have you ever received some medal from the staff for best game room, best room, and art design, story, etc.? And if so, what did it mean to you?
I've gotten best quest room, and that meant the most to me because I put a lot of effort into it and had a blast hosting it. I have tons of medals on here, but I really just do it for participation and being an active community member.

Good luck with your project! Let us know how it goes!

daze

Since it opened (3 years, 3 months)

how old are you?

Yes

My former username, (QueenPurpleDress) was because of my lucky purple dress. So, I changed it to something shorter that still embodied the Queen of the Purple Dress for auditions. I was always complimented about carrying myself with grace, but since that username was infamous at the time, I went with something similar. Elegance.

have you gotten any other people to play (like friends or family, if so who and how many?)
My friend since first grade got me to join the original in '07. When MyVMK came out, I ended up getting her to join.

how often do you play? and is there a pattern to it?
I usually am on in the evenings (7-11pm EST), but right now I'm unable to log on due to system compatibility issues.

what is your favorite item or most prized possession on VMK (clothing, pin, furni, etc.) and why?
My Original Princess Minnie hat is my most prized possession. I won it in a player made scavenger hunt, and had a blast racing all my friends. It is such a great memory.

I love playing mini games and talking with people.

I honestly don't know why I keep logging on, but I also don't know why I don't leave. I guess it's something to do. I love Disney, so why not mingle with people who feel the same?

The bullying. Now that we're all grown up, there are real issues and opinions that people don't agree with or necessarily like. There's a sense of security behind a computer screen, and people say things they wouldn't normally say to someone because they know they won't get in trouble. I'll be honest, unfortunately I've gotten caught up in it in the past. Because of that, it still follows me around and it sucks. But my advice to myself and anybody bothering to read this is ignore it. If someone is treating you like pixels and not like a living, breathing, person, then they're not worth caring about either. But above all, kill them with kindness.

what do you do most when you're on?
Games and chatting with friends.

Gg (good game), afk (away from keyboard), irl (in real life)

are there any traditions, stories, jokes, etc. you and your in game friends have?
Not really. The only story of note I have is that 3 years ago, I couldn't sleep so I logged on forums and went to the shoutbox. I didn't think anyone would be on at 2am but there was, Kirito. He told me a bedtime story and to this day is my favorite memory.

Have you ever received some medal from the staff for best game room, best room, and art design, story, etc.? And if so, what did it mean to you?
I've gotten best quest room, and that meant the most to me because I put a lot of effort into it and had a blast hosting it. I have tons of medals on here, but I really just do it for participation and being an active community member.

Good luck with your project! Let us know how it goes!
tysm, you all are incredible! :)

Since near the beginning. But i quit for like a year or two..

how old are you? (if you rather put an age range, than specific age that is fine :))
Just turned 26 yesterday :)

Yep open to close

Expect- From big brother of course:), I'm into reality shows like survivor, big brother, the amazing race etc. My old name was different though. I dont remember the old name though.

have you gotten any other people to play (like friends or family, if so who and how many?)Not really.

how often do you play? and is there a pattern to it (for instance, every night after work, or only in the mornings, etc.)?
I'm usualy on late at night during the week as i work long hours. On Sunday and Monday , I tend to pop on whenever.

Hmm.. mostly Magic and Room pins. and my Black skull beanie :) Aiming for something bigger though :)

Getting to interact with others and meeting new people. Seeing people's room and game designs. Playing the minigames and host events. Buying items and selling. Helping others.

Helps me relax from when i get off from work and need something to do. I like seeing the new items each week.

what is you're least favorite thing? i think other people have covered this.

what do you do most when you're on? (trade, sits, games, chat with friends, build rooms, etc?) Definetely playing friendly potc. Riding the rides. Visiting guest rooms. etc

what are some slang words you use in game?I think i use ''np'' alot lol

are there any traditions, stories, jokes, etc. you and your in game friends have?n.a

Have you ever received some medal from the staff for best game room, best room, and art design, story, etc.? And if so, what did it mean to you? Nope.

PotatoBacon

Professional Netflixer
Since April 2016

how old are you? (if you rather put an age range, than specific age that is fine :))

Yes!

PrincessBacon ~ I chose this name because I thought the myVMK rules would be the same as VMK.

I got my little brother, and my cousin to play. They lasted for about a month.

how often do you play? and is there a pattern to it (for instance, every night after work, or only in the mornings, etc.)?
I really don't have a pattern. I just log on when I get the chance.

My most prized possession would probably be my black flip. I simplified my inventory, and played minigames for hours over the summer just so I could obtain my lovey (black flip). I also have a weird obsession with the Mickey Toilets lol they're such an underrated furniture item!

I have made so many friends on this game, it's unreal. Even though some of them don't play anymore, we still keep in contact on Skype. These are the people I want to be at my wedding (in about 30 years tbh lol).

I am apart of the academic Integrity Council at my school, and I'm risk managment in my sorority. It's hard to have friends when you have positions like this. My friends on VMK don't walk on egg shells around me :)

When no one is online :/

what do you do most when you're on? (trade, sits, games, chat with friends, build rooms, etc?)
I like to hangout in the guest rooms or do SITS when I am in lecture. :-)

KMS haha never heard of it anywhere else.

We use to all meet up in the Haunted Mansion lobby and not play a single game haha

I received a medal on 4th of July and Thanksgiving for replying to a post. I'm so excited to get it just because I can finally dress my forums with pretty pins/medals :-)

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Since October 2013

I am 27

Yes I did. I played back in high school. Interesting fact: The year the original game closed was the same year I graduated. I graduated in 2008. It was the end of an era for me.. literally!

My in game name is the same as on forum, waterfallglow. I chose that name when I first joined the original VMK and have been that ever since. How I came up with it was I wanted something that expressed my personality and was totally unique! What I did was thought about my interests. I love waterfalls and things that are glowy so I put the 2 words together and the words just sounded so pretty together that I used it. I also wrote it in all lowercase cause that was back when I never liked using caps and talked in all lower case. As you can tell I don't do that anymore lol.

Yes, I got my mom to try out the game but she never stayed long sadly. However, I also got her to try VFK and she loves that and plays it all the time with me. Another person I got to try VMK was my real life friend Ella but she told me she had trouble getting into it so she did not stay long at all.

I play VMK daily usually but sometimes I skip a day now and then. On those days I usually play just VFK instead. Either way, I am always playing one of them every day. Which ever game I play that day, I usually check in on things as one of the first things when I get up. I come and go throughout the day as I do other things in real life. Then, I always play VMK or VFK right before bed as I get sleepy. I actually have accidentally fallen asleep at my laptop before. That actually happens quite often sadly. I am working on that though. lol.

I would have to say my Palace Competition Winner pin I won recently. I won the Grand Prize for Most Creative. It's my favorite because it's the first time I ever won a room building thing on VMK (from MyVMK or Original Game). It had always been my VMK dream since the original and I finally did it!

What is your favorite thing about VMK, or you're favorite thing to do?
Probably if I had to choose a favorite it would be room building and hanging out with friends. I love just hanging out, acting silly and chatting. I also like making quests, playing pirates or mansion, and collecting items. When things are more slowly going on VMK (like no room competition going on) I love to zombie ride the rides while I knit or crochet by the computer. It's fun and relaxing.

Most of all it's because I love the social interaction about it. Meeting new people and talking with friends. It's also a fun expressive outlet for my artistic side when I room build. On another note.. I could never leave unless forced to. I am the kind of player and person that will play a game till there is nobody left. Maybe it's the loyal part of me? Or.. Maybe it's just because I really like the game? Either way I plan to be around for as long as I am able.

Hmm.. Well as something negative about the game in general? Maybe it's the fact that sometimes it interferes with real life responsibilities. Not always, but sometimes it does. That is where balance comes in. As I always say.. "Balance is important, both in life and art!". As for a negative thing in relation to game play? It would be I don't care for Jungle Cruise or Fireworks.

what do you do most when you're on? (trade, sits, games, chat with friends, build rooms, etc?)
Well, it varies depending on what is going on in the game and my mood that day so I can't really give an exact answer to this particular question. I will say though, as I stated before, my favorite is room building and hanging with friends but I do a lot of the other stuff in game too so it varies from day to day on what I end up doing.

Well when I laugh I tend to say lololololol a lot.

Hmm only thing I can think of here is maybe how the yellow mushroom in the Fantasyland Courtyard looks like cheese. I have thought that ever since the original. OH! I also have a certain spot i stand in the Pirates Lobby that I stand. It is by the bottom left torch. Started standing there at random one day (not in original game) and it stuck.

I have a few actually! As you can tell from my forum pins I have won... Push Trivia, first place for Gingerbread Design Contest (on forum) and the top ten for Comic Strip Contest. For in game prize... there is of course that Palace Competition Grand Prize pin that I won for Most Creative. Also, for the original game I did win the Dream Room back in the day during Dreams Month! I still remember when I won too. I was soo happy!

PS: I wish you success with your paper and that my answers helped in some way. Would love to know how it turns out! -hugs hugs-

Last edited:
uhhh .. like 2 and a half years? since may of 2014

ya it was lit

lissa .... bc ... it's my irl name & it wasn't taken lol

i hate when ppl ik irl play so nah only 1 friend from school but she didn't last

i haven't been able to play for the past couple of months b/c the game is blocked on my school wifi, but when i do play i usually log on maybe a couple of times a day to see what's going on ?? but if i have work or something i will rlly only go on at night or not at all

ok good question
i'm bad at choosing so my top 4 are pins:
blue inferno & tink rose b/c i won them so that's chill, aladdin magic carpet ride pin b/c it's the prettiest item in the game, and dress up stitch b/c he is sO CUTE and it took me literally half a year to get him

OK EDIT I FORGOT MY RING BOXES i lov them all & all of my friends who got them for me ty

ok edit again i also love my purple mickey ears b/c i won them like the second night of host events and they're pretty ok i'm done

hm is def the best minigame and i will fight anyone who disagrees
but my fave thing is def making friends b/c i've made so many and i love them so much b/c i've never met ppl who i can relate 2 so much and ya i'm done being cheesy!

ok well i leave basically every fall semester b/c it won't work on my mac or it's blocked on school wifi
but i keep getting on b/c idk it's an easy way to talk to ppl and fill ur time and it's v nostalgic

quests that require u to get a high score in fireworks
& sadly i've met a lot of horrible ppl but that's just like real life i suppose!!!!!!!

def just talk or spend 500 years changing my outfit b/c i'm too lazy to earn credits

UH lol .......... idk ???? things like rip and gg i def started using on game but i use them irl too so idk my entire vocabulary is basically slang

literally the amount of inside jokes is inSANE

uh i got a runner up medal from a room comp and ... push trivia ???? lol idk they made me happy for like 3 seconds but i don't rlly care abt that stuff!

Last edited:
a month or two after it opened

yes

looool i was Superior bc i find it funny if ppl call me 'superior' in order to address me
then i changed it to princess bc im obvi a princess

i got my roommate to play for a little while but she stopped playing

it's very sporadic, i would play everyday for a little while and then stop playing for months and then come back and the same cycle happens

my princess minnie hat bc i'm a princess

what is your favorite thing about VMK, or your favorite thing to do?
my favorite thing about myvmk is the memories i had playing the real vmk and the fact that i can play this again. there's really no other game like this and i missed it when it was gone and i'm happy it's back
my favorite thing to do is to hang out with friends and play pirates and build rooms

i get on vmk bc i'm attached to it and i leave bc of disagreements i have with staff and the fact that i don't really wanna stick around with the way things are going, or just a general dissatisfaction with the game (no players, no new items, bans left and right, etc).

the fact that this is still treated as a 'kids game'...this was fair enough when vmk was first opened but now, everyone has grown up and most of the people that play, played the original game or knew about it and that was years and years ago. it's still disney so i understand the need to keep it clean, but getting banned for stupid things because this is supposed to be a "kids" game is the worst thing and feels like you have no freedom

lately, i've been building a lot of rooms and i'm currently working on a float for the competition which i've never actually done before so that's exciting! and i normally get on to hang out with friends and play pirates

the regular ones, and then some vmk-specific ones like "POTC, JC, SITs, FW, LF,..." etc

too many

no, but i've entered these events many times

MissMorri

1) About 4 months

2) 20

3) Yup

4) Morri. It's my username for most games, and I just liked it.

5) Nope, unfortunately.

6) 3-4 days per week, usually at night.

7) Probably either my black Mansion top hat or brown cowboy pants - they're both kinda staples of my virtual wardrobe.

8) Play Haunted Mansion with MissWinnie :D

9) It's a great way to relive one of the memorable parts of my childhood. I had so many friends on the OG that, even if they're not here, I just associate all the rooms with good memories.

10) IT DOESNT WORK ON MAC. I ONLY have a Mac--I get around it using MyVMK Pal, but even that's not working right now...

11) Games/chat with friends, easily.

12) None? I don't know of any anyway...

13) It's a BFD if I see Coasterfann on a Tuesday. Because it's Tuesday's with Morri(e).

14) Nope.

syders

1) how long have you been playing myVMK? late 2013

2) how old are you? 18

3) did you play the original VMK? yes

4) what is your in game name, and why did you choose it? syders; it's a family nickname!

5) have you gotten any other people to play (like friends or family, if so who and how many?) i've gotten one other family member to join, and a few friends!

6) how often do you play? and is there a pattern to it (for instance, every night after work, or only in the mornings, etc.)? i play almost every day, when i don't have class

7) what is your favorite item or most prized possession on VMK (clothing, pin, furni, etc.) and why? my gold ears FOR SURE bc they were so hard to get in the old game and even if they aren't as rare now they will always be very very special to me bc i remember going to disney world and buying my lil gold ears keychain to get the code!

8) what is your favorite thing about VMK, or you're favorite thing to do? i love to sit in empty public rooms; it's weird but it's also calming?????

9) why do you keep getting on VMK or why did you leave? i keep getting on because i love disney v much and since this game is mostly filled w/ others who love disney v much it's a rly great bonding point

10) what is you're least favorite thing? sometimes theres some Drama that the game could do without

11) what do you do most when you're on? (trade, sits, games, chat with friends, build rooms, etc?) play games in guest rooms (like dhtf) and talk with my friends

12) what are some slang words you use in game? the same general slang i use irl; acronyms and stuff like (i.e. lol, lit, potc)

13) are there any traditions, stories, jokes, etc. you and your in game friends have? so many

14) Have you ever received some medal from the staff for best game room, best room, and art design, story, etc.? And if so, what did it mean to you? nope!

1) how long have you been playing myVMK? 7 months, I found it on 5/4/2016

2) how old are you? Eternally 25 right? I'm really 41

3) did you play the original VMK? Yes, I was there right from the beginning. I didn't play quite as much towards the end due to life (work/being a Mom, etc), but I was there for the closing line/gathering. It was so sad.

4) what is your in game name, and why did you choose it? Peasy. Long story, real name is Jennifer and my husband & I met when the movie Forrest Gump (Me & Jenny was just like Peas & Carrots) came out. He started calling me Peas, which morphed into Peasy.

5) have you gotten any other people to play (like friends or family, if so who and how many?) My daughter plays sometimes. She usually logs in with my character & changes my clothing into something horrendous. :P

6) how often do you play? and is there a pattern to it (for instance, every night after work, or only in the mornings, etc.)? Sometimes after work and sometimes on weekends. I try not to let it interfere with my friends/family relationships.

7) what is your favorite item or most prized possession on VMK (clothing, pin, furni, etc.) and why? My R2D2 ears. had R2 underoos as a kid!

8) what is your favorite thing about VMK, or you're favorite thing to do? I like meeting new friends and doing RAKs when I can. My favorite game is fireworks.

9) why do you keep getting on VMK or why did you leave? I grew up going to Disneyland 1-2 times a year. I still go fairly often and VMK is my Disney fix in-between trips. Sometimes it's my way of relaxing after a really challenging day at work or decompressing from the stresses of real life. Every day in myvmk is a happy one!

10) what is you're least favorite thing? Drama, seeing people get their feelings hurt. DCing after a long game of HM and not getting credit for it.

11) what do you do most when you're on? (trade, sits, games, chat with friends, build rooms, etc?) I see which friends are on & pop in to say hello. Play fireworks. I will play friendly pirates whenever I can find enough people to do so. Sometimes I just walk around to different rooms & soak up the atmosphere.

12) what are some slang words you use in game? I don't use them much but I am notorious for typos (I type too fast)

13) are there any traditions, stories, jokes, etc. you and your in game friends have? Mr Green and I turned into a pumpkin once. It was funny. Then there was that time I typed "I pooped on" instead of "I popped on"...

14) Have you ever received some medal from the staff for best game room, best room, and art design, story, etc.? And if so, what did it mean to you? I received bronze in the short story & dress your pet contest. I was very honored! I was blown away to have my pumpkin chosen for top 10 too.

1) how long have you been playing myVMK? A little over 2 years

2) how old are you? (if you rather put an age range, than specific age that is fine :)) 20

3) did you play the original VMK? yes

4) what is your in game name, and why did you choose it? Because... Honestly I picked a random word because everything else I tried was already taken.

5) have you gotten any other people to play (like friends or family, if so who and how many?) Nope

6) how often do you play? and is there a pattern to it (for instance, every night after work, or only in the mornings, etc.)? Over winter/summer break I play very frequently but during the semester I'm on 1-2 hours per week

7) what is your favorite item or most prized possession on VMK (clothing, pin, furni, etc.) and why? black & green flip hats. People called me Flip in the old vmk.... still nostalgic

8) what is your favorite thing about VMK, or you're favorite thing to do? HM Minigame

9) why do you keep getting on VMK or why did you leave? Boredom mostly

10) what is you're least favorite thing? the unnecessary drama that sometimes happens

11) what do you do most when you're on? (trade, sits, games, chat with friends, build rooms, etc?) most of the time I'm afk

12) what are some slang words you use in game? lit

13) are there any traditions, stories, jokes, etc. you and your in game friends have? plenty of jokes are made on skype calls while playing vmk

14) Have you ever received some medal from the staff for best game room, best room, and art design, story, etc.? And if so, what did it mean to you? nope