TAKE AWAY CREDIT TRADING

Retro

RUINED THE GAME.

Nothing has any real value anymore.

Valuable/Rare Items/Furniture aren't being traded, but hoarded instead.

Real trading has lost its purpose, now its a matter of how long you can grind POTC on the weekends.

Not to mention, newer players have close to no chance of obtaining older items, or sought after items because they're either being held by an older user, or the price on them is so high they cannot afford them.

DO SOMETHING

Last edited:

Jay.

I mean it gives the community more of a reason to play minis games and in general just be active. People host fun games for credits as a prize too. I think removing credits from this game would absolutely kill the community at this point in my opinion. I know back in the day firewalls were used as currency ect but it’s too late to go back to that once again in my opinion. How would they reimburse every player that has millions of credits as well? And I mean you’re semi knew correct? You’ve seen to have acquired some rare items

http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/small-sale.72803/

Retro

I mean it gives the community more of a reason to play minis games and in general just be active. People host fun games for credits as a prize too. I think removing credits from this game would absolutely kill the community at this point in my opinion. I know back in the day firewalls were used as currency ect but it’s too late to go back to that once again in my opinion. How would they reimburse every player that has millions of credits as well? And I mean you’re semi knew correct? You’ve seen to have acquired some rare items

http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/small-sale.72803/
I wouldn't say completely remove credits from the game. But you remember back in the day having the kiosk and selling an item as the prize right? that sense of accomplishment to even gather the credits to obtain it. I think removing double credits on the weekends would be a start, it's caused items to skyrocket it seems. Therefore making them much more than their true worth is/should be. The interaction is gone, now it seems like if you dont offer x amount of credits then you look for the next person. Rather than looking for that certain item you've wanted, and bringing back a steady economy to the game. Even the prices on some of these releases seems outrageous to me.

Just made to post to hear some feedback, and possibly some changes being able to be implemented.

shel050

I think trading items definitely still happens but it’s much harder to find someone willing to trade exactly what you’re looking for and vice versa. I joined very recently and have managed to get lots of items I wanted... so I think giving people the option to trade for credits if they want to is perfectly okay

I don't agree with this at all tbh. If it wasn't for credits being such a valued currency I wouldn't have been able to obtain any of the items I have now. Think about a new player coming in and we use items for trading, do you know how hard it would be to try and obtain valuable items without having credits to trade?

Retro

I don't agree with this at all tbh. If it wasn't for credits being such a valued currency I wouldn't have been able to obtain any of the items I have now. Think about a new player coming in and we use items for trading, do you know how hard it would be to try and obtain valuable items without having credits to trade?
Because its become the main source for trading.. either you have tons of credits, or none at all. so many items forgotten about because of this. There's such a surplus of credits it seems.

But even then back then, people were trading credits for firewalls, enchanted roses etc. Not so much the ultra rares but credits was still in value. Firewalls was hard to obtain at such an early start in the game, especially if it was just that, buyable items and just credits to earn. Yeah things did get expensive, but this is all based on our community and what we think on it.

I personally like trading credits because it seems like everyone needs it, based on the amount of "Looking for credits" threads, It's still going around and going strong. I'd say maybe the community ruined trading, not so much the credits themselves.

Wonder

actually the problem is certain players who are known to pay real money for VMK items/credits and then outbid every single person on every trade thread by obnoxious amounts more than what the item is actually worth which is driving up the price of everything because now everyone thinks that original item is worth the absurd amount these people keep paying. i wish staff would crack down on ppl that are known to be trading real money for things!!!!!!!

McQuack

I don't necessarily think credit trades were the issue, before the feature existed there were gift cards (an item that had a 10,000 credit value) and the economy wasn't changed significantly at all. Even in the original game, traders frequently traded credits using Quest Kiosks, which barely had any effect on the overall economy.

I'm not a big trader so you can take my opinions with a grain of salt, I just always had an interest in item values and where the current market was going. I think there was a combination of issues that led to the economy being to where it is now. For one, I agree that double credits every weekend really led to the big inflation that the game has now. Include that with the way POTC is being exploited with the abundance of friendly games, it makes the overall value and worth of credits really subjective now.

Someone brought up how firewalls were used as currency back then and that brings up a good point about how and why it worked. Unlike credits, items like firewalls were retired from the game, there was only a specific number of them that existed in the market and they had a specific set value created by the community (I can't remember, was it 40k?). This worked well because the value almost always stayed the same, and because there was a set number of them in existence and they were rarely re-released, it made for a stable currency to base the economy. Unfortunately the same can't be said for credits, there's always more credits being put into the game and it's very easy to grind and hoard them.

That said, the others are right and it's really too late to go back to the old way. I hate double credits but even if it was taken away at this point, I don't see any change happening considering it was going on every weekend for the past (2? 3?) years. I think the best choice of action is to try and create a new item/currency/thingamajig that worked the way Firewalls did - distribute a set number of them in game, have them be heavily controlled, and it can't be something that can be farmed or obtained easily. Most games these days seem to have a main currency that can be earned easily and a premium currency that is heavily controlled (usually because you need to buy with $$$ but in this case it just needs to be heavily controlled and be given out sparingly). That's what I think would benefit the economy here. Would just take some work and careful planning.

Jay.

actually the problem is certain players who are known to pay real money for VMK items/credits and then outbid every single person on every trade thread by obnoxious amounts more than what the item is actually worth which is driving up the price of everything because now everyone thinks that original item is worth the absurd amount these people keep paying. i wish staff would crack down on ppl that are known to be trading real money for things!!!!!!!
Why would staff crack down on that? It isn’t against the rules. Only thing that is against the rules Is the discussion of it in game. There is no item value to be honest. An item is worth whatever an individual is willing to pay for it. No ones holding a gun to someone’s head forcing people to buy things at a set price. Stop whining.

Heartsdown

http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/small-sale.72803/ lol u savage they were posting an opinion and you have to put a link to a trade post.

I'll just drop this quote I posted from another thread about credit trading:

"Don’t blame credits for less firewalls being traded. Most of the firewalls in game were/are hoarded. A lot of them are trapped on accounts of people who were banned or quit, so we have no choice but to trade for credits or other items.

That being said credit values on items are always in flux because people see it go for a ridiculous price once, and want that price for it."

The firewall issue also goes for the other older items. When I first got started, I essentially did credit trades to get firewalls. It was just buying certain items from the shops (like magic or the giftcards) that equaled what the value of the firewalls were.

Bug

I like having credit trades. I recently came back from a two year hiatus. I literally had 1k, and in the month I have been back I have been able to accumulate 300k and buy a rare item that I really wanted. I’m not online 24/7 I go to college and have two jobs, so i play in my free time. So I think it is helpful for new people and those that come back to gain items and get situated in the game again.