Taxable turnslide

The original vmk almost had it in the game and I think we need it in here.
The idea is to enter the room you must pay a fee to get in this is if you had some awesome room or like a ride
You could set the amount to whatever you wanted
it allows people to decide if they wanna go in or not
and it is not abuseable because you cant make new account and abuse it because you need credits first.
:thumbsup:

I dislike when people pick apart quotes, but I really must
to make it worse, I even rearranged the quotes to get a nice flow

it is not abuseable because you cant make new account and abuse it because you need credits first.
once you make a new account, you can immediately go to the NPCs and collect credits
for people who use multiple accounts for roleplaying or other reasons...

You could set the amount to whatever you wanted
it allows the direct transfer of credits from one account to another
this means that people won't have to buy items on one account, trade them to another, then sell them
it removes the loss of credits when transferring credits between accounts

The original vmk almost had it in the game and I think we need it in here.
for people that haven't realized why they didn't put it in the game, it's because it is too easy to abuse

InaDaze

The Confused One.
The only room this should make an appearance in is a HOST_'s room for certain types of events; oh Host Yard Sale, I miss thee. I don't want to see this in the hands of players at all as it will just create more clones for people to feed themselves credits.

The only room this should make an appearance in is a HOST_'s room for certain types of events; oh Host Yard Sale, I miss thee. I don't want to see this in the hands of players at all as it will just create more clones for people to feed themselves credits.
I agree that if it were in the game that only HOSTs should have access to it, but they don't need credits
it would be pointless to invest time into it

I agree with the other members opinions. I think it may be used as an unfair advantage through cloning.

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
Cloning issues can be resolved. If a single IP address has over 10 registered accounts, something is obviously amiss.

I think this is a great way for players who spend a thousands of credits to build a ride to get a little bit of a reward. I would be more than happy to give 100 credits to enjoy a well composed ride. Same goes for a great guest room. I go into some rooms thinking, "Wow, this person must have spent a lot of time putting this room together," and that I wouldn't mind paying 100 credits as a thanks to the owner for making something so pretty for all of us to enjoy. The same goes for quest makers, who almost always pay out of pocket for quest rewards.

Other than the cloning issue, I don't see how this item can be misused, you cannot be forced to go through the turnstile. You will always have the option to walk away.

Cloning issues can be resolved. If a single IP address has over 10 registered accounts, something is obviously amiss.

I think this is a great way for players who spend a thousands of credits to build a ride to get a little bit of a reward. I would be more than happy to give 100 credits to enjoy a well composed ride. Same goes for a great guest room. I go into some rooms thinking, "Wow, this person must have spent a lot of time putting this room together," and that I wouldn't mind paying 100 credits as a thanks to the owner for making something so pretty for all of us to enjoy. The same goes for quest makers, who almost always pay out of pocket for quest rewards.

Other than the cloning issue, I don't see how this item can be misused, you cannot be forced to go through the turnstile. You will always have the option to walk away.
That is exactly what I was saying except you worded it much better :P

that doesn't mean it doesn't happen in the first place; it forces the staff to monitor and take care of the issue

though it's not misuse, people would be put off by the turnstile if it's the only way to go into the main part of a room

I can earn on average 750 credits from a ten minute game of fireworks. If someone can find a way to load up 5 clones and run them to a room give all their credits in ten minutes the must be very dedicated and deserve it. (Keep in mind they can only get 150 credits every 12 hours)

Jasmine

I completely agree. It sounds like a great idea. In my opinion, it's no different than having to pay to play POTC.

No one is forced to pay; it's their choice. Personally, I wouldn't mind. I know I've thought how I'd like to "tax" people to play some of my games. I spent a lot of time and credits on them, so it only seems fair. And as long as there is a specific limit (like a max of 1,000 credits), then it seems completely reasonable to me.

For some reason, nearly every time someone suggests something, someone brings up how it can be misused or how clones will come into play. People really need to stop worrying about what other people are doing and just play the game. Mind your own business! It's not your responsibility to worry about people's clones, that's the staff members' job. It's also not your responsibility to worry about how much they have to deal with. I've always been told: "Stay in your place." ;P

I can earn on average 750 credits from a ten minute game of fireworks. If someone can find a way to load up 5 clones and run them to a room give all their credits in ten minutes the must be very dedicated and deserve it. (Keep in mind they can only get 150 credits every 12 hours)
as can I
the clones are higher-payin shells that you can reap multiple times n don't have to suffer competition with. they're clearly for people who can't play fireworks well
your problem is that you aren't looking at the full picture--this idea won't be made anytime soon
let's say two of the developers really like the idea (for some reason,) and they develop it within a month n a half. I expect two more NPCs to be out by then, if not more. people would be getting more money than you're saying they would

No one is forced to pay; it's their choice. Personally, I wouldn't mind. I know I've thought how I'd like to "tax" people to play some of my games. I spent a lot of time and credits on them, so it only seems fair. And as long as there is a specific limit (like a max of 1,000 credits), then it seems completely reasonable to me.
I have an alternate idea that's been proposed already
it's hardly able to be abused. the only way it can be abused, as said by Aceuniverse, is if someone advertises for "free stuff" n doesn't give free stuff. I have absolutely no way I can think of to stop people from abusin it that way, so it would be up to the community to not flock to rooms like that

what's so much better about your idea, Priapus? everyone benefits ::: the visitors don't lose money and the room creator gets money (probably equal to how much you would get from the people that actually go through the turnstile)
people don't want to go into something as much when they have to pay to go in
if they lose absolutely no money, and you gain money and are acknowledged as a room builder, I see no problems

http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?2998-Rewarding-Roomowners [please read the entire thread before posting]

Not sure if anyone said this yet. Vmk HAD it, but they never released it because of the pay-to-play stuff.
Anyways, I don't think it's necessary here. I mean, I can see why some people would want it, but it just still seems annoying for people to actually pay to be able to walk into a room.

This is always where my mind goes with cloning/mules, too. Seriously, in order to have any amount of credits on a clone/mule, you would really need to play some games and log in for a few days. If somebody wants to go through that to gain credits, then they have earned it and more power to them. For those of us who have more to do in life.....well, that is just the way it works. ;)

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I agree that if it were in the game that only HOSTs should have access to it, but they don't need credits
it would be pointless to invest time into it
I believe it actually was only used in that one event I mentioned as the price for which you're buying the item, which was just 50 credits.

Otherwise it wouldn't have been a yard sale. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Host_Rooms

I'm sorry but I just don't like this idea of a turnstile all that much. It has it's uses but I would prefer Priapus's idea over this any day.

as can I
the clones are higher-payin shells that you can reap multiple times n don't have to suffer competition with. they're clearly for people who can't play fireworks well
your problem is that you aren't looking at the full picture--this idea won't be made anytime soon
let's say two of the developers really like the idea (for some reason,) and they develop it within a month n a half. I expect two more NPCs to be out by then, if not more. people would be getting more money than you're saying they would
In VMK you could only get 180 (or close to that) per hour. It's safe to believe that as more NPCs are released, the current ones will continue to have their individual payments lowered.

I don't really see how shells have anything to do with payment turnstiles.

I don't think fear of clone abuse should stop this. Especially since if they want to consider allowing trading credits too.

Agreed

- - - Updated - - -

This is always where my mind goes with cloning/mules, too. Seriously, in order to have any amount of credits on a clone/mule, you would really need to play some games and log in for a few days. If somebody wants to go through that to gain credits, then they have earned it and more power to them. For those of us who have more to do in life.....well, that is just the way it works. ;)

I agree about this one too.

Everyone's making points that don't even apply to this thread.

Some of you think he's talking about paying a fee directly to the room owner themselves. I see this as a potential money-sink. Instead of having it go toward the player, just simply make it go toward nothing. Money. Sink.

As for clones/"mules." Mules is a terribly inaccurate use of the word for this this style of game. The amount of credits you receive as a new player and then after that throughout the day really is a bit over-exaggerated. If credits were tradable it would be a problem because then yeah sure, having a ******** load of accounts all running on different computers like people who host bots do, that's a problem. However, you're all forgetting cloning was done because of the codes, we don't have codes and that makes it less of an issue for the morons who still clone to get a fraction of the amount of credits as if we HAD codes. lol

OP's idea is a good idea, but I don't see it as a way of transferring credits, but rather a money sink. Every game needs a money sink.

Myth

Honestly, I dont like this idea because on vmk they were very strict against the pay-to-play thing and I feel like thats where this would go at some point