tell me about that vegan lifestyle

Minniee

hey wassup hello
alright guys, call me crazy but I'm slowly transitioning to a vegan lifestyle. this is going to be very difficult for me because I am ~*~IN LOVE~*~ with fried chicken and could easily eat it every day. I thought about ordering the 22 day nutrition challenge but, since I am a broke college student, that idea is going to have to be put on hold for a little while. SO, this is where you guys come in!

if anyone is a vegan or knows anyone that is, I would really appreciate it if y'all could post yummy recipes or tips!

katgoddess

Vegan Goddess
Veganism isn't hard at all! It takes some getting used to but... its the best thing ever. And once you figure out how good it is for your body and for the animals, environment, etc, its a piece of cake! When you begin theres vegan alternatives for literally everything out there. I recommend rice milk, especially if you like skim milk, it doesnt have much of a taste like soy and almond milk and is really good with cereal, but for your baking vegan needs i suggest almond milk, for a thicker texture. I also use earth balance "butter". Whole foods has a lot of vegan options, a little pricey but if you can find a bargain like me, youre fine! But so many people mistake being vegan as being so expensive. I shop at walmart... literally. Veganism isnt what people think it is : you cant have anything delicious. Its the opposite..I eat everything everybody else eats just without real meat or dairy products. And on the plus side ive been trying so many things since i became vegan, i learned how to cook, i save money by not eating out as much, and ive lost 30 pounds haha.

some tips: stay away from gelatin, its in lots of food like jello, marshmellows, some cereals, lots of candy, etc. just check the packaging.
lots of things in the grocery store will have may contain milk or eggs, always check the back
oreos are vegan, lots of of chips and cookies etc.. just check the back again lol
for recipes i would just look online
theres lots of of vegan stuff at every grocery store, its usually in healthy entrees in the frozen section and other vegan options are usually located in the produce section. Unless you're at a vegan friendly grocery store like Whole Foods. Literally whole foods might become your best friend. Vegan cookies, ice cream, chicken, desserts, vegan lunch meat, gelato, sorbet, frozen items, vegan cheese, vegan milk, vegan marshmallows, vegan chocolate, vegan pasta sauce, etc, basically vegan everything.
BUT- you can make all of that stuff at home and it might be cheaper. Theyre vegan pizza is a good deal.

Here is some of my favorite foods to make/eat to give you an idea of what your options are :)
Pizza
Lasagna
Chili
Tacos
Kale
Cabbage
FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT
Sandwiches
Fries
Onion Rings
Cookies
Chicken fried tofu (at whole foods and omg i hate tofu but its so crazy it tastes like chicken omg)
Cake
Pasta
Soup
Bread
Asparagus
Burritos
Samosas
Sushi
Most asian food
indian food

and the list goes on and on and on.

I hope i helped, if you have any more questions literally DM me i love to help people along with this lifestyle its literally gonna change your life for the better and i wish you good luck <3

Thorn

Make it Green
I've had ((vegan)) friends who don't eat anything with honey because bees make it

BUT

Whatever you do, don't avoid honey~
Without supporting the bees, they decline in pollination/population, and most of the fruits/veggies/plant products become less abundant and more expensive :x

Support your local, organic honey makers!

Last edited:

Minniee

hey wassup hello
Veganism isn't hard at all! It takes some getting used to but... its the best thing ever. And once you figure out how good it is for your body and for the animals, environment, etc, its a piece of cake! When you begin theres vegan alternatives for literally everything out there. I recommend rice milk, especially if you like skim milk, it doesnt have much of a taste like soy and almond milk and is really good with cereal, but for your baking vegan needs i suggest almond milk, for a thicker texture. I also use earth balance "butter". Whole foods has a lot of vegan options, a little pricey but if you can find a bargain like me, youre fine! But so many people mistake being vegan as being so expensive. I shop at walmart... literally. Veganism isnt what people think it is : you cant have anything delicious. Its the opposite..I eat everything everybody else eats just without real meat or dairy products. And on the plus side ive been trying so many things since i became vegan, i learned how to cook, i save money by not eating out as much, and ive lost 30 pounds haha.

some tips: stay away from gelatin, its in lots of food like jello, marshmellows, some cereals, lots of candy, etc. just check the packaging.
lots of things in the grocery store will have may contain milk or eggs, always check the back
oreos are vegan, lots of of chips and cookies etc.. just check the back again lol
for recipes i would just look online
theres lots of of vegan stuff at every grocery store, its usually in healthy entrees in the frozen section and other vegan options are usually located in the produce section. Unless you're at a vegan friendly grocery store like Whole Foods. Literally whole foods might become your best friend. Vegan cookies, ice cream, chicken, desserts, vegan lunch meat, gelato, sorbet, frozen items, vegan cheese, vegan milk, vegan marshmallows, vegan chocolate, vegan pasta sauce, etc, basically vegan everything.
BUT- you can make all of that stuff at home and it might be cheaper. Theyre vegan pizza is a good deal.

Here is some of my favorite foods to make/eat to give you an idea of what your options are :)
Pizza
Lasagna
Chili
Tacos
Kale
Cabbage
FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT
Sandwiches
Fries
Onion Rings
Cookies
Chicken fried tofu (at whole foods and omg i hate tofu but its so crazy it tastes like chicken omg)
Cake
Pasta
Soup
Bread
Asparagus
Burritos
Samosas
Sushi
Most asian food
indian food

and the list goes on and on and on.

I hope i helped, if you have any more questions literally DM me i love to help people along with this lifestyle its literally gonna change your life for the better and i wish you good luck <3
ahh thank you so much!! I plan to go grocery shopping this Sunday, so this helped a ton. since I work all the time and some nights don't have a lot of time to cook, how do you substitute?

I've had friends who don't eat anything with honey because bees make it

BUT

Whatever you do, don't avoid honey~
Without supporting the bees, they decline in pollination/population, and most of the fruits/veggies/plant products become less abundant and more expensive :x

Support your local, organic honey makers!
oh goodness no I love honey :c

katgoddess

Vegan Goddess
ahh thank you so much!! I plan to go grocery shopping this Sunday, so this helped a ton. since I work all the time and some nights don't have a lot of time to cook, how do you substitute?
frozen veggies, if you have a microwave its not too hard to find vegan frozen foods, buy stuff for sandwiches, and fries are always good!
stay away from bojangles, mcdonalds, and zaxbys fries. they all have meat fat in them ... ew lol

cutecutemomo

I use agave instead of honey! lol, becoming vegan is the best decision I've ever made, and I say that genuinely. I cook and prepare all of my food and it makes me feel so proud how much I can provide for myself. I know that when I became vegan I had a little trouble at first finding what foods I could make so I'm going to tell you my favorite foods;
*veggie sandwiches- on vegan bread that I get from costco (Dave's Killer Bread), I spread hummus on, then add tomatoes and carrots. Another sandwich I make includes whatever veggies I have, especially with avocado bc avocado is amazing.
*Lentil soup- this takes 2 hours to make but it's so worth it in the end. Here's the recipe: http://www.forksoverknives.com/lentil-vegetable-soup/
*vegetable paella- I had to make a Spanish dish for my Spanish class, and ended up really loving this dish; it's my favorite tbh! http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/stovetop-vegetarian-paella
*fruit- literally just fruit. keep it simple. when you're vegan, you can have as much fruit as you want; in a vegan lifestyle it's all about compassion and abundance of foods. Many people think you're limiting yourself to foods but you will be shocked how great it feels. You're not limiting yourself to foods. There's vegan alternatives to all your meat. It's not neccessarily healthy because the alternatives are processed, but it's good for transitions. ANYWAYS about fruit for my meal, I usually eat a lot of strawberries, 2 peaches, 3 plums, 2 kiwi, and lots of blueberries. I typically have this meal for breakfast.

if you have any questions, let me know (: I also recommend watching Gary's speech
and this presentation
along with all of the great documentaries. I went off on this way too much, but I'm really passionate about being vegan!
-Morgan

LadyMagic

Ahhh I can't believe there are so many vegans here! <3 Yeah, I loooove vegan pizza, just a vegan base with pizza sauce and toooons of vegetables. It's incredible. I also eat a lot of rice, and you can make a homemade Chipotle bowl with beans, rice, lettuce, salsa, etc.

cutecutemomo

I also forgot to add that for a snack, I make kale chips :P and if you have never had them before, you need to!! I never buy them because they are SO expensive and don't give you that much for what you payed for.
Usually I drizzle a little olive oil on them (a little goes a long way. don't pour on too much because olive oil is not considerably healthy), then lay them on a pan covered with aluminum foil. Then I sprinkle a bit of salt, nutritional yeast flakes (very good for you and I recommend having vitamin B-12 fortified), and some garlic powder. THEN put it in the oven @ 315 for 25 minutes. BOOM. they're done. the hardest part is waiting for them to be done xD