Tell Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark

10 mins late to everything
Can you please tell us when you are going to delete threads, or posts? This really discourages me wasting my time looking for a thread that never existed and no this hasn't been the first time. Thread 19405 was deleted without me being told and I rather get an infraction and be told than act like nothing happened.

WHO

This is like the 5th thread for this in the last two days. Clearly they have some work to do on notifying people.

A

ABrighterFuture

http://forums.myvmk.com/showthread.php?t=4398

New threads that are the same as another posted earlier are usually merged. Do a search for existing threads on your topic before posting a new one.
While I agree that he should have searched for a similar thread, a lot of us feel that you (or whoever merged it) should have informed him that you merged his thread (speaking generally). It doesn't take that long.

Last edited by a moderator:

WHO

Not sure why you made a public thread when you have a personal problem.
Just email this person..

It's not even a personal problem? He wasn't notified and staff members need to do what they said they are going to do. However it seems the thread was merged as Sil said, he still should have been notified. It's not his job to message the staff and ask where his thread went.

Unicat

fox enthusiast
It's not even a personal problem? He wasn't notified and staff members need to do what they said they are going to do. However it seems the thread was merged as Sil said, he still should have been notified. It's not his job to message the staff and ask where his thread went.
It's not his job to do anything. While the staff who closed the thread should have notified him, there was no need to make it a public issue when it's just his thread that was closed.

If this was a thread about multiple instances of this occurring, or if a staff member was not responding then I would understand.

A

ABrighterFuture

It's not his job to do anything. While the staff who closed the thread should have notified him, it was not professional to make it a public issue when it's just his thread that was closed.
There have been loads of threads like this recently. The staff have gotten the memo that they need to inform us of actions such as this. If they choose not to, then they can be called out publicly in my opinion.

Edit: I even don't see how Mark could have been any nicer in his post.

Last edited by a moderator:

WHO

It's not his job to do anything. While the staff who closed the thread should have notified him, it was not professional to make it a public issue when it's just his thread that was closed.

Well, Mark isn't the "professional" in the situation and this is a problem that's been discussed over and over and over for the last several days. The more threads about it, the better. Maybe they'll (the staff) start to learn from their mistakes.

Unicat

fox enthusiast
There have been loads of threads like this recently. The staff have gotten the memo that they need to inform us of actions such as this. If they choose not to, then they can be called out publicly in my opinion.
Well, Mark isn't the "professional" in the situation and this is a problem that's been discussed over and over and over for the last several days. The more threads about it, the better. Maybe they'll (the staff) start to learn from their mistakes.
This thread was aimed towards the one thread, however.

I don't disagree that this shouldn't be happening. I just don't think it needs to be public. That is all.

WHO

This thread was aimed towards the one thread, however.

I don't disagree that this shouldn't be happening. I just don't think it needs to be public. That is all.

But it's an ongoing issue and the thread title is "Tell Us?" which is plural and he means the whole community. This is something that needs to be fixed and he was providing another example of it happening. If he were notified of the merging/deletion there wouldn't be a thread. You don't cut a weed at the top to kill it, you pull it out from the root. Just as you try to get to the root of the problem.

Unicat

fox enthusiast
But it's an ongoing issue and the thread title is "Tell Us?" which is plural and he means the whole community. This is something that needs to be fixed and he was providing another example of it happening. If he were notified of the merging/deletion there wouldn't be a thread. You don't cut a weed at the top to kill it, you pull it out from the root. Just as you try to get to the root of the problem.
But isn't the root of the problem the staff deleting threads without notification? Why aren't the thread owners PMing the staff?

All this thread is doing is bringing drama and attention to the problem. All I am saying is that the people who are having their threads deleted should be personally seeking out help for this instead of making it a public issue.

As no posts have been deleted when merging a thread, it's really not a priority when there are other things to take care of. If you feel very strongly about wanting a notification of this too, I will be sure to PM you in the future about merges. However, it is very easy to just take a look at your post history if you think one of your threads has "disappeared." Feel free to PM myself or another staff member if you have any other private issues.

WHO

As no posts have been deleted when merging a thread, it's really not a priority when there are other things to take care of. If you feel very strongly about wanting a notification of this too, I will be sure to PM you in the future about merges. However, it is very easy to just take a look at your post history if you think one of your threads has "disappeared." Feel free to PM myself or another staff member if you have any other private issues.

Usually when people go looking for a thread they go to "Find all threads by _." So yes, a notification of merging would be nice, I'm sure. And it'd also prevent more situations like this one. (:

Usually when people go looking for a thread they go to "Find all threads by _." So yes, a notification of merging would be nice, I'm sure. And it'd also prevent more situations like this one. (:
Again, I will make sure to do that from now on with merged threads. Thank you.

EDIT: I do not mind receiving PMs from anyone at any time. If you have a personal or private question regarding your account, you are more than welcome to contact me.

Last edited:

WHO

But isn't the root of the problem the staff deleting threads without notification? Why aren't the thread owners PMing the staff?

All this thread is doing is bringing drama and attention to the problem. All I am saying is that the people who are having their threads deleted should be personally seeking out help for this instead of making it a public issue.
You'd have many people pming staff. Staff should be the one doing the notifying since they are the one doing the action at unexpected times. (:

Unicat

fox enthusiast
You'd have many people pming staff. Staff should be the one doing the notifying since they are the one doing the action at unexpected times. (:
As Sil just stated, it's not usually a priority. And if someone wanted to be notified, all they have to do is PM the staff and it will be fixed. Privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.