"The Event's Over There!"

How has your visits averaged?

• This is great, hosts gravitate to me and I get picked daily!

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I find the hosts, and was sympathy picked a few times.

Votes: 59 42.1%
  • I maybe seen them half a dozen times, no prize.

Votes: 38 27.1%
  • They never come.

Votes: 35 25.0%

• Total voters

Elle

I've won about five times I believe. I do end up coming to every event I can (except for the morning ones lol) and even stay up for the 1 am ones. I see a lot of people who win over and over again but many of them actually give away their prizes like i've been doing! Since I don't ever need the dream furniture, I'd rather give it away then let it go to waste collecting pixel dust in my rooms, lol.

But to those who say "these people win over and over its not fair," please try to consider that some of them DO end up giving away their prizes while others tell the hosts to donate it to someone else. I think that's the best part i've seen in all of dreams month. I select rooms where only nice people are. I actually went with a friend to a room yesterday where a host eventually visited it, but we left because the people there were so rude. The prizes aren't worth it if you're going to be in a room filled with people who are mean. Try to enjoy the event with those you're with, you'll probably win friendship, which personally is a little more important sometimes. :)

MamaNutty

I didn't have much luck during old vmk's dreams month event, so its only natural my bad luck transfers over to Myvmk.

----------

It literally drives me crazy when I see people already wearing Dream Shirts win another dream shirt, especially when your one of the only people in the room that doesn't have a shirt. Its frustrating.
How do you know it's their shirt?
People do lend shirts & other things to their friends.
Only addressing your post bc last night my daughter won an item that she was already wearing & players were bashing her....

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
How do you know it's their shirt?
People do lend shirts & other things to their friends.
Only addressing your post bc last night my daughter won an item that she was already wearing & players were bashing her....
I agree. All my friends who have dream shirts/ears have borrowed them from other friends so this is definitely a factor to consider. Hugs. :hug:

Zelena

People don't care if you borrowed the shirt or ears or chairs or w/e you borrowed, they care about being able to have some token from dream month other than a lightcycle or consolation pin that everyone else has. If you borrowed a dream shirt from one of your friends that have won then good for you, but i could care less that you borrowed the item because to me and everyone in the room who can see you wearing the shirt we still think you won it and would like one too.

kalyee

People don't care if you borrowed the shirt or ears or chairs or w/e you borrowed, they care about being able to have some token from dream month other than a lightcycle or consolation pin that everyone else has. If you borrowed a dream shirt from one of your friends that have won then good for you, but i could care less that you borrowed the item because to me and everyone in the room who can see you wearing the shirt we still think you won it and would like one too.

The amount of jealousy I'm seeing over virtual items really irks me. It's a pixel. It's literally a pixel. It may be pretty, or cute, or desirable, but when it comes down to it, it's a pixel. It holds almost no value outside of the game, and you don't carry it with you once you log out, nor will you if the game shuts down and disappears someday. You know what you do carry with you, though? Friendships. Friends you make in-game and elsewhere online, who'll be there when the game is gone and the items are forgotten. Is it really worth mistreating potential friends, or even just mistreating strangers over something as trivial as an arrangement of pixels? Maybe you go the whole month and win nothing, when everyone else has gotten the prize you want multiple times, but at least by making it about having fun and socializing you'll know you ended dreams month without stepping on any toes, or acting out over not being chosen for a prize. And you can always trade for one, or enter a contest for one... I'd be more inclined to hand out my extra prizes to someone who is having a good time and being polite than someone who is sulking in jealousy.

Not saying that's what you're doing, but in regards to your post and general "uncaring" for anyone else's situation if they have the prize you want and win again, this is not what the month is about, and it's what's making it so tedious and unenjoyable.

I think this month is becoming priorities month in a lot of ways. Some people need to reconsider theirs.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
It's a pixel. It's literally a pixel.
hallelujah. :please:

So just because you want something and some others don't have it either, means others can't enjoy what they do have? Shouldn't you be complaining about people wearing Inferno then too? :question:

"Happiness doesn't depend on how much you have to enjoy, but how much you enjoy what you have." - Tom Wilson

Zelena

The amount of jealousy I'm seeing over virtual items really irks me. It's a pixel. It's literally a pixel. It may be pretty, or cute, or desirable, but when it comes down to it, it's a pixel. It holds almost no value outside of the game, and you don't carry it with you once you log out, nor will you if the game shuts down and disappears someday. You know what you do carry with you, though? Friendships. Friends you make in-game and elsewhere online, who'll be there when the game is gone and the items are forgotten. Is it really worth mistreating potential friends, or even just mistreating strangers over something as trivial as an arrangement of pixels? Maybe you go the whole month and win nothing, when everyone else has gotten the prize you want multiple times, but at least by making it about having fun and socializing you'll know you ended dreams month without stepping on any toes, or acting out over not being chosen for a prize. And you can always trade for one, or enter a contest for one... I'd be more inclined to hand out my extra prizes to someone who is having a good time and being polite than someone who is sulking in jealousy.

Not saying that's what you're doing, but in regards to your post and general "uncaring" for anyone else's situation if they have the prize you want and win again, this is not what the month is about, and it's what's making it so tedious and unenjoyable.
I was going to post a nice long comment, but i'm done with it. I'd rather not participate in dream month at all if I can't state my humble opinion, but you can state yours and get praised for it.

Also please re-read a post before you decide to reply and say someone is uncaring, jealous or w/e you had to say because my post was non of that.

Toodles.

MarinaAnchor

Frying pans, who knew?
Yes, it's a little frustrating to see someone wearing a dream item win again.

But if you were that person, wouldn't you be happy to win again? Also, what if they are winning just to give it to someone else? Maybe a friend? Or maybe even you.

I can assure you that kindness will get you a lot farther in life than being rude.

Regardless of if you meant to come off mad/jealous, you did. Maybe re-read your own post.

Zelena

Yes, it's a little frustrating to see someone wearing a dream item win again.

But if you were that person, wouldn't you be happy to win again? Also, what if they are winning just to give it to someone else? Maybe a friend? Or maybe even you.

I can assure you that kindness will get you a lot farther in life than being rude.

Regardless of if you meant to come off mad/jealous, you did. Maybe re-read your own post.
I'm not trying to be rude to you because i know you weren't to me. Butt people are still going to get angry that others are winning the "best" items, while others have only won an olaf or tink pin. That is what my post was about, not being petty or jealous or gifting to others (i know people gift to friends). I just feel at though everyone took my post in the wrong context and thought i was being some jealous loser. I did win & was lucky enough to actually pin the prizes i wanted (the castle turret chair and badge), the only thing i want now is the fairy pin because i have uses for those. I have no use for ears or shirt or poster so if i do by chance win those, will give those to my sister who is on for almost every event and has won about 4 times and only wins chairs and pins (though i wish i had her fairy pin lol).

MarinaAnchor

Frying pans, who knew?
I'm not trying to be rude to you because i know you weren't to me. Butt people are still going to get angry that others are winning the "best" items, while others have only won an olaf or tink pin. That is what my post was about, not being petty or jealous or gifting to others (i know people gift to friends). I just feel at though everyone took my post in the wrong context and thought i was being some jealous loser. I did win & was lucky enough to actually pin the prizes i wanted (the castle turret chair and badge), the only thing i want now is the fairy pin because i have uses for those. I have no use for ears or shirt or poster so if i do by chance win those, will give those to my sister who is on for almost every event and has won about 4 times and only wins chairs and pins (though i wish i had her fairy pin lol).
Well I'm glad you clarified. :)

It's nice of you to gift to your sister! Maybe she'll do the same eventually with her pin!

Best of luck to you!:bounce:

MamaNutty

Sorry there is such harsh feelings of resentment!
Guess that's what happens when you "Assume".
Maybe the borrowee has terrible luck as well.
Lightcycle is a token of dream month.
Be happy you have the game:)

Lindsay

To all of you saying Zelena's post was rude. It really wasn't. You're looking at the post in a way that honestly makes it seem like you're in here just to debate. Imagine if you had won nothing, finally see a host giving away your dream item like the shirt, and 6 out of 7 of the shirts go to people already wearing them. It'd be pretty discouraging regardless of whether you were happy for them or not, especially this late in the month.

EVERYBODY needs to stop complaining about dreams month. Users who haven't gotten the items they want complain about the users who did. Users who got what they want, complain about the users complaining. Even I'm complaining about all of you complaining. Dreams month has become complaining month. Plain and simple.

Since they're all just pixels, I hope to see you all gifting your won items to make more friends rather than keeping pixels! Oreo, I have seen you doing so and kudos to you! You are probably the only user ever to say that and actually do it.

Zelena

Sorry there is such harsh feelings of resentment!
Guess that's what happens when you "Assume".
Maybe the borrowee has terrible luck as well.
Lightcycle is a token of dream month.
Be happy you have the game:)
I resent nothing so stop "assuming' I do.
Toodles.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
To all of you saying Zelena's post was rude. It really wasn't. You're looking at the post in a way that honestly makes it seem like you're in here just to debate. Imagine if you had won nothing, finally see a host giving away your dream item like the shirt, and 6 out of 7 of the shirts go to people already wearing them. It'd be pretty discouraging regardless of whether you were happy for them or not, especially this late in the month.

EVERYBODY needs to stop complaining about dreams month. Users who haven't gotten the items they want complain about the users who did. Users who got what they want, complain about the users complaining. Even I'm complaining about all of you complaining. Dreams month has become complaining month. Plain and simple.

Since they're all just pixels, I hope to see you all gifting your won items to make more friends rather than keeping pixels! Oreo, I have seen you doing so and kudos to you! You are probably the only user ever to say that and actually do it.
Of course it's discouraging, but I think what I was trying to say was that you don't have to fuel your discouragement into anger. I'm definitely not saying you're not allowed to be upset, discouraged, or desperate for an item. I know I definitely am desperately wanting an item or two from the prize catalogue, but instead of taking out my frustration on other members/the event/staff, I suggest looking at it more positively. This event is not the end of the world, I can have fun, and I can make this an enjoyable experience for not just myself but other members as well. And that's what this event is all about, supporting eachother and having a good time! (: That's why it's so easy to give away everything I own and have won. I like to put others and their needs and happiness before me and I think that's something EVERYBODY on this game needs to start doing. (:

I resent nothing so stop "assuming' I do.
Toodles.
You may not resent anything, but it comes off like you do. /: Sometimes it's very hard to understand somebody's tone when they're writing, so it's only fair that we can only form judgments based off the way you translate what you mean into text. I definitely didn't mean my response to be a personal attack on you and neither did Mama or kalyee.

Just some friendly advice. Always a pleasure seeing you in game my Once Upon A Time friend. Hugs. :hug:

Zelena

Of course it's discouraging, but I think what I was trying to say was that you don't have to fuel your discouragement into anger. I'm definitely not saying you're not allowed to be upset, discouraged, or desperate for an item. I know I definitely am desperately wanting an item or two from the prize catalogue, but instead of taking out my frustration on other members/the event/staff, I suggest looking at it more positively. This event is not the end of the world, I can have fun, and I can make this an enjoyable experience for not just myself but other members as well. And that's what this event is all about, supporting eachother and having a good time! (: That's why it's so easy to give away everything I own and have won. I like to put others and their needs and happiness before me and I think that's something EVERYBODY on this game needs to start doing. (:

You may not resent anything, but it comes off like you do. /: Sometimes it's very hard to understand somebody's tone when they're writing, so it's only fair that we can only form judgments based off the way you translate what you mean into text. I definitely didn't mean my response to be a personal attack on you and neither did Mama or kalyee.

Just some friendly advice. Always a pleasure seeing you in game my Once Upon A Time friend. Hugs. :hug:
I probably should have calmed down before posting any responses, but i was just a little upset with all the hostility that's been going on in the game. I never meant to come off as uncaring, but i did mean to come off as a little upset because i was. I'm sorry if i upset anyone =)

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I probably should have calmed down before posting any responses, but i was just a little upset with all the hostility that's been going on in the game. I never meant to come off as uncaring, but i did mean to come off as a little upset because i was. I'm sorry if i upset anyone =)
No worries my dear. (: :halcyon:

I enjoyed the Dreams Events in the beginning. But because I felt like a lot of people were partaking with more focus on getting items than meeting new people and chatting in rooms, I felt like I was a zombie in a room full of afk'ers.

I can see why the staff decided to make this month's event like this. However, I think there are just 2 reasons why people are not enjoying it:

1) Receiving a prize is not in their control. For example, before, you would get in a queue to get into a HOSTS room and a prize is basically guaranteed if you win the game. If you go to a HOST event everyday for a week, you're bound to get a prize. This month is different. This month, players do not have control over whether they receive a prize or not. It's all random and all luck.

2) The worst feeling is having hope, being patient and having that hope and patience not pay off. I can understand the frustration people feel when they've waited 2 hours to perhaps not win a thing at all. Time is valuable and to some people, they could have been using that time for something else.

These two reasons plus the fact that it's DREAMS prizes will inevitably cause a ruckus amongst players.

astroacejaki

i have a Sharpie addiction.
To be honest, I've won. Eight times. And I don't like it, because there are some people who haven't won at all. Dream Shirt, Dream Ears, several pins, etc. I've won all that and they haven't chosen some of my closest friends. I've started to avoid the event; or, if I do see a Host when I'm in a public/guest room, I generally leave the room now. I want *others* to win.
^^^^ people like you give me hope.
I have never won. I've seen a host almost each event except for the times where im not on and i never win. even in a less crowded room where almost everyone wins... i never win. its almost like the fireworks pin in the sword in the stone. you try and try, some are lucky, others need to trade.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I've won a total of 7 times. Getting a badge, shirt, a fairy pin, 2 lightcycles, and 2 pairs of dream ears. Sure I could have totally used that second pair of ears and traded for other dream items I need but I much rather give them to a friend who hasn't gotten them. And I will be doing that for every extra dream shirt or extra dream ears I get from now till the events are done. I want others to have fun and enjoy themselves. I will be hoping that if this is the prize of a room I'm in that other people who haven't gotten them get that prize. I also know that some of my friends can't make these events or haven't been on for them and would like to give them some of the Dream items if they want them.

I hope everyone gets what they dream for this month and I also hope that everyone tries to enjoy the month as much as possible because we may never have another one again.