the gift of giving

this is going to come off super clich, but being that it's getting closer and closer to the holidays by the day now, i think that we should all consider about this. although it may not necessarily seem like a big deal, i've noticed that some people can get pretty competitive with this game (which i can occasionally do, too, on some days). however, i believe that it's essential to give gifts to those around us, even if we want to keep these items for ourselves.

i've wanted a princess minnie hat for as long as i can remember (even on the original vmk). being that i'm not the luckiest of people when opening crates, i basically knew that the chances of me ever getting one were slim to nothing. that all changed today though when one of my very best friends unlocked one of her crates, which revealed a minnie hat. she's actually one of the most genuine people i know among many reasons, one being that she's even created a list of friends of which she would give a stitch or minnie to whenever she got one from a crate. i know that it sounds kind of farfetched and all, but she surprisingly had gotten quite a few and did just that. with that being said, i woke up with a message from her on skype this morning reading, "i got you a minnie." & although this is just a virtual game, i was still ecstatic since i've wanted one for all these years now. i'm not sure if she realizes it or not, but she made a huge difference just now for not only giving me one of her minnies, but for taking the time out of her day to give for others in general. therefore, that's where you come into place (along with the somewhat clich part).

for the upcoming holidays, try to give more. whether it's through actual gifts to friends and/or family (or even to a stranger), in person or online, you'll truly be making a tremendous impact on their lives. you may not always be able to see the difference you're making, but you will be. because of my best friend, i'll be doing the same throughout the kingdom and like i normally do in person. i guess what i'm trying to get at here is to try and do your part in making the holidays extra special for not only someone else, but for yourself. because once we get this trend going, more and more people will do the same.

happy holidays! :)

supernovagirl

hehehehe i hope you enjoy it :-)

i love giving away things, especially on games (BUT ESP IRL) because people work SO hard to get them and then they don't win =/ it just breaks my heart (if that makes sense?)