The Great Movie Ride

Lights, Camera.....

action.jpg

Welcome to The Great Movie Ride!
The Great Movie Ride.jpg

A staple of Hollywood Studios since its opening, the final days of The Great Movie Ride are upon us. That is why @coolbluePiglet ,@Hopper , and myself have taken it upon ourselves to faithfully recreate one of our favorite rides for VMK.

We are currently planning to open on August 13th, the day the real ride is set to close, so that it will be immortalized here on our game. The Ride will also feature a quest that you may choose to do, if you like! Be sure to brush up on your Great Movie trivia!

We hope to see everyone at the opening, and look forward to being able to share one of our favorite rides with everyone! See you there!​

Hello, everyone!

We currently are planning on opening The Great Movie Ride on

Sunday at 8:00 pm, est!​

The quest, while not mandatory part of the ride, does help enhance the experience and tie it all together.
First prize (meaning the first person to complete the quest) will be 10k. It will test you both on your know-
ledge of The Great Movie Ride, and the movies contained therein. At 60+ tasks, it can seem a little daunting,
but if you know your great movies, you will do fine!​
We hope to see everyone at the opening,
OswaldtheRabbit, @Hopper , @coolbluePiglet

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to come on here to let you all know that tomorrow will be the grand opening of The Great Movie ride! This ride and park means so much to me. Hollywood Studios (or MGM) has always been my favorite park, and TGMR was always one of my favorite rides in WDW. I, along with many many others, are very upset about tomorrow being its final day. And I know I wish they hadn't decided to remove such a great ride. I'm so glad that myself, Hopper, and Oswald created, what we think, is a great tribute to the ride here in myvmk. We hope you all can enjoy it just as much as we enjoyed making it! <3

I have also left a link of the ride, prior to Turner Classic Movies taking it over (which I think it's better without TCM anyway), so you can follow along as you go room to room. This is the gangster version, there is also a cowboy version (which was usually only up when the ride was really busy), that you can find on YouTube if you'd like. Remember that there is also a quest you can do as well if you wish!

See you at the movies, the stuff dreams are made of!

And long live The Great Movie Ride. <3

We are open! The quest, and all the ride rooms, are ready for you to come enjoy! Come celebrate the last day of this classic ride![DOUBLEPOST=1502675551][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, the end has happened! But, per our intentions, the ride will live on here! As of my writing this at 9:50 pm, no one has won the 10k first prize, but there are a few people attempting the quest! The room will always be open, so you can just search The Great Movie Ride and go to ride through or do the quest! If you have any questions or run into any issues, pm me, @coolbluePiglet , and @Hopper and we will get it all figured out for you! Happy questing!

Last edited: