The Hatbox Ghost RETURNS!

Frinklebumper

Bumper of Frinkles
Guys... GUYS... IT'S HAPPENING!

You may remember our chilling challenge from a few months ago, in which we asked you to guess which spooky specter was preparing to materialize inside the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park. Today, I’m excited to tell you that many of you were correct! The Hatbox Ghost is reappearing in May. [...]

[...] The Hatbox Ghost appeared in the Haunted Mansion for a short time around the opening of this classic attraction in 1969. Although brief, his presence sparked a decades-long following, and this reclusive resident of the Haunted Mansion was never forgotten. We’re excited that he will soon materialize once again!

I'm actually SCREAMING!

(source)

Last edited:

Frinklebumper

Bumper of Frinkles
care to explain more? im intrigued
The Hatbox Ghost was an animatronic character that was featured in the Attic Scene of the Haunted Mansion. His schtick was that his head would disappear from his shoulders and reappear in the hatbox he was holding (hence his nickname).

Unfortunately, he was removed from the Mansion immediately after it was opened to the public in 1969 and later replaced with the Bride. (The official statement was that this was due to the effect not working properly in the Attic's lighting).

The mystery around the whole thing gave Hatty a cult following for the next 45 years... and now he's back!!! :squee:

Tohrukun

The Hatbox Ghost was an animatronic character that was featured in the Attic Scene of the Haunted Mansion. His schtick was that his head would disappear from his shoulders and reappear in the hatbox he was holding (hence his nickname).

Unfortunately, he was removed from the Mansion immediately after it was opened to the public in 1969 and replaced with the Bride. (The official statement was that this was due to the effect not working properly in the Attic's lighting).

The mystery around the whole thing gave Hatty a cult following for the next 45 years... and now he's back!!! :squee:
are they keeping the bride?

I ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE THE HATBOX GHOST IN ACTION SCREAAAAAAAAAMS FOR A MANSION FAN THIS IS SUCH HUGE NEWS TO ME
Well in case you can't wait till may here's the only video hes ever been captured in:

On another note: OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called it when i saw the post about a Ghost coming to the HM!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the Hatbox Ghost and i'm super excited to see him coming back <3 glad i live in California and have season passes to DLR LOL[DOUBLEPOST=1428803064][/DOUBLEPOST]
care to explain more? im intrigued

Unfortunately, he was removed from the Mansion immediately after it was opened to the public in 1969 and later replaced with the Bride. (The official statement was that this was due to the effect not working properly in the Attic's lighting).

Well not only that Frinkle but i think you forgot to tell her about how in the original mansion the Hatbox Ghosts head would disappear to the beating of the old brides heart (the old bride had a big red beating heart)

Kilohana

I saw him today! He's kind of creepy, and definitely doesn't blend in with the rest of the attraction. I was caught off guard by his loud creepy laughter >.<

I saw him today! He's kind of creepy, and definitely doesn't blend in with the rest of the attraction. I was caught off guard by his loud creepy laughter >.<
I personally think he blends well. I mean the fact that the attic now has this little porch makes the whole fact that you fall out of the attic cooler imo. Only thing i wish was different is i wish he was in his original spot (like 5 feet further to the right at the VERY edge of the attic on the right) but hey he looks super cool and creepy so i'm happy :)

@Tariel ugh I love freshbaked Disney and woooot hat box looks amazing
Freshbaked Disney is awesome XD

VampireBoy

Honestly in my opinion I think the bride is a lot more creepy than he is but he is still awesome none the less.

Last edited:
Honestly in my opinion I think the bride is a lot more creepy than he is but he is still awesome none the less.
In all honesty i prefer the bride with the black face and glowing round eyes. Constance is just not my cup of tea. I love her story but i don't like how the bride herself looks.