The Legend of Korra: Season 3 already in production!

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!

Hey guys!

So I believe I've been seeing quite a few Korra references around these parts, so I know there is quite a few fans out there.
I too am a fan, albeit one on the crazier side of the fandom :D.

A friend of mine on facebook was spreading the rumor he got wind of that Korra's season finale of Spirits this past friday was the end all be all of Korra's story. I don't know if anyone else has heard this or not, but it is completely false to my knowledge as of late.

***Spoiler Alert!***
Author's Note: I don't know how many people have or haven't seen the season finale yet, so just to be safe be aware this section has some spoilers.

As I'm sure most of us know, in the season finale Korra battled Vattu and Unalaq for the fate of the world. Rava was ripped from her, causing her to lose her avatar spirit, and when Rava was seemingly destroyed, her connection to her past lives as well. Now we know that Tenzin aided her in bringing out her own spirit and defeating Unalaq and Vattu in Republic City, and eventually at the end of the finale Rava merged with Korra once again, restoring her avatar spirit, unfortunately though not her connection to past avatars.

And another unfortunate disaster, Makorra is no more
. Gotta feel bad for Bolin too though, Eska was a tad harsh with the poor guy.

But it has been confirmed by Bryan and Mike that there WILL be a season 3. The name of the up and coming new season will be entitled: "Change."

This was confirmed from an article for the bloggers section of the Wall Street Journal. And according to Mike, majority of the first few episodes are already in post-production. There is no air date as of yet.
(Let's just hope we don't have to wait another year to see Book 3!)

The title of Book 3 is going to be called Change, DiMartino said. Its all about Korra dealing with the change of the world in this point in time. At the end of Book 2 she says its a new era. And it really is and were going to show how Harmonic Convergence and her battle with Unalaq and Vaatu kind of shifted the world a bit.
I'm sure I'm as excited as a lot of you, and can't wait to see this story continue.

Over and out my fellow Korra fans!

**If you would like to read the article from the Wall Street Journal click [url="http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/11/20/the-legend-of-korra-book-three-will-be-titled-change/]here[/url] now!

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Me too!
It gives me hope that we won't have to wait TOO long. There's supposed to be 4 books total, but for now they've only confirmed the 3rd so I won't get my hopes up too high :D.

I'm SO PUMPED for Book 3. I am seriously hurt that Makorra is not canon but hopefully they can get back together, but other than that I would love to see what's in store for Book 3 :) !!!!

It would make sense though if this was the end of the Korra "Chronicles" (I will just use this word lol) because Avatar: The Last Airbender only lasted for three seasons/books. But who knows. Maybe their will be four seasons. And afterwards they will move on to the new Avatar set in a modern world, then on to a futuristic world, and so on and so forth (or maybe this is the end of the Avatar's all together.) Who knows; food for thought. I have loved both Aang and Korra<3 And I canNOT wait for the next season of Korra!<3

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
It would make sense though if this was the end of the Korra "Chronicles" (I will just use this word lol) because Avatar: The Last Airbender only lasted for three seasons/books. But who knows. Maybe their will be four seasons. And afterwards they will move on to the new Avatar set in a modern world, then on to a futuristic world, and so on and so forth (or maybe this is the end of the Avatar's all together.) Who knows; food for thought. I have loved both Ang and Korra<3 And I canNOT wait for the next season of Korra!<3
Well from what Mike DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko projected, they aim for 4 books (seasons), but that could change at any time. They're in the post-production phases of the first few episodes of book 3, which means there was enough ratings (and revenue for Nickelodeon) to continue the series. I just hope they also release book 4 when the time comes but you never know. From what I understand Korra is to be the final Avatar series they'll make/run but who know's what the future holds. It's pretty much a cash cow right now for the Nickelodeon network, much like Aang was during his time, so it would only be smart for them to make a new series after Korra has run her course. However, at the same time too much of a good thing spoils it so this could be the end of Avatar all together. Korra is supposed to be set in the "modern-ish" day, with a steampunk twist on it, but you never know, maybe they'll make another Avatar later. We can only look to the future to see what it holds :). I love your optimism and open mind, it's so refreshing. I too am overly excited for book 3 to premier, can't wait man!