The Memories Will Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalonickel

Hello guys! As a good number of you know from my free room just recently, I'm leaving the game! Maybe not forever, but at this time in my life it's time to let go of the virtual world and snap back into the real world. (In Game Name Yorick)

Here's a little background for those (the many) who don't know me. I'm Lindsay, a full time college student, balancing four studio art classes, as well as a shakespeare class, and a graphic design internship. No reasons for my leaving deal with recent events of the site. (Besides, I'm not a very vocal community player to begin with.) I joined VMK in the fall of 2005, during it's beginning stages. I played up until May 21st, 2008, when the kingdom sadly closed it's doors. Flash forward to last spring, also during May, I was googling around trying to find a site similar to what VMK delivered during it's prime days (the nostalgia was real, let me tell you) and up pops MyVMK. Upon further inspection, I realized the site was pretty legit, and the game was actually playable once more. Now it's my time to go. I've spent a year of my time, on and off, enjoying my days with all of you, trading away all my things for new things, and participating in the chosen game for that day or the monthly events. Thank you for all that you've given me VMK. You were a crucial part of my childhood, one filled with late nights staying up until the kingdom closed (for those of you who didn't have the privilege of using VMK during it's glory days, there was a midnight-nightly curfew when the site would go offline) and days glued to my screen desperately trying to win enough keys to open those pirate treasure room chests. Thank you for being the rock of my youth, for allowing me to come home from school everyday and just melt into this virtual world filled with so many amazing people. I will cherish these memories forever.

Now, that being said, I have a list of priorities, with school, family, work, my relationship, and friends and I just don't have the time for MyVMK anymore. (Especially with my obsessive personality, procrastinating my work and instead sitting in front of my laptop trying to join host events.) All in all, it's been a good run, at least I'd say so.

Thanks for the memories, I will cherish them forever. You defined my childhood, and will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you Amy, for restoring the magic. Enjoy guys :)

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
Yor :( :( Sad to see you go you made me laugh quite a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.