The VMK Grind... How Suddenly We're All Hustling

Bindingkey

30K per play through and getting like over 600 credits. it's one of the easiest ways of getting credits in around two/three minutes and i preferred it back in the original game

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
30K per play through and getting like over 600 credits. it's one of the easiest ways of getting credits in around two/three minutes and i preferred it back in the original game
How on earth do you get 30k in 2-3 minutes? Ive timed myself playing several games, and even speeding through the first dock level and speeding through the end of the levels after the animals stop spawning, the first round takes me 3 minutes, give or take a few seconds. 30k would be 2 rounds, closer to 5-6 minutes.

Bindingkey

How on earth do you get 30k in 2-3 minutes? Ive timed myself playing several games, and even speeding through the first dock level and speeding through the end of the levels after the animals stop spawning, the first round takes me 3 minutes, give or take a few seconds. 30k would be 2 rounds, closer to 5-6 minutes.
honestly i don't even know i just click everytime i see an animal and like it just happens Dx

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
You're definitely not the only ones. The concept of the MyVMK "Economy" and it's ins and outs (including the notion of a credit inflation) have been debated inside out, and upside down since we established ourselves with MyVMK long enough to circulate items. I haven't been on enough lately to really notice a rush on credits or items, before the giftcards were retired I managed to procure a generous amount through a liquidation of my inventory. However, they retired shortly before I was able to fully purge my inventory, thus leaving myself and many others at a loss on how to price items. Out of pure boredom this past week I've built myself a simple little slide room which cost me roughly 30k (so my hats off to those in the competition, because those ride pieces are by no means cheap haha).

I think when the rest of the mini-games are released (prospectively when 1.0 is released) things will be a tad different. I myself have hated playing mini-games to earn credits however, and avoided it as much as possible (hence the purge of my inventory for giftcards). But as items release that I want badly, I force myself to go through the rigorous trench that is mini-games. :faint:[DOUBLEPOST=1403559643][/DOUBLEPOST]
I never understood how people can speed through the mini-games and get an exorbitant amount of points within 1 round, even when I applied their methods they didn't work for me, but to each his own I suppose.

SimYouLater

Strange, I started playing the Jungle Cruise when I found out that Fireworks gave hardly any credits, and instantly I was earning 600-700 credits a game. I had no idea people were having so much trouble learning how to do it, it just came to me naturally.

As for the credits, I actually find this preferable to the original VMK. I live in Canada, so its not like I could go to Disneyland every time I wanted a rare item. We forget, in the original VMK items like the Stitch Hat were essentially holy grails because you could only get one if you ordered a ticket to one of the parks before a certain date. If you wanted an item from a secret code that could only be gained from a promotional website, non-Americans like myself often had to find ways of getting around the IP filter that kept out unmasked non-US IPs. The cereal box promotion that gave you the pirate room and something else were fortunately universal to each player, which meant each player could get one using the same code.

Disney mainly used VMK as an advertising platform, and its underperformance in doing that was probably the reason it was abandoned. They also didn't hold competitions the way MyVMK does. Most "contests" involved going to a host-owned room as fast as possible to try and fail to get a rare item of limited quantity that would only ever be given out once, and instead end up with a consolation pin. I would rather have to grind for an item like a Red Beanie then be forced to make do without any of the cool stuff because I wasn't quick enough to win a prize and couldn't afford and was often inelligable for the promotional things like the pirate room cereal box codes.

VMK was fun, of course, but because it had to be funded somehow there were flaws/things that took advantage of the players that I can see have been lessened or eliminated in MyVMK's fan-run environment.

All in all, the best thing to do is just make a list of items you MUST HAVE and then proceed to do what it takes to get them, while resisting buying anything else.

Last edited:

Dudecg

The game seems very grinding sometimes but there is a bit more of a social element to myvmk. The new mini games will come soon. Potc will be released in August which should help with some of the credit issues.

Extras

Petty Officer Third Class US Navy
The game seems very grinding sometimes but there is a bit more of a social element to myvmk. The new mini games will come soon. Potc will be released in August which should help with some of the credit issues.
The thing that makes myVMK so much different from another macro based game is that, since we are so small, there is a sense of community. You don't have to have the best items or best rooms to have fun playing this game. For some people, this game is simply a medium to 'hang out' with friends.

CaptainGianna

honestly I believe that the items cost too much money that it causes people to have to keep on playing games to the point where it is not fun anymore. TBH now a days a lot of people are trading for credits and credit sprees but on the real VMK it was hard to trade for credits everyone always did rare for rare. I miss that and I liked it that way better honestly. I mean like the ring pins are 50k! WTF