Things do need to change. Guess I'll break the silence.

Theyre are many cliques on vmk and a ton of rivalry. If people did get punished on here for "bullying" ( which can take different forms, what people say doesnt always have to be "nasty") a whoooleeee load of players would be getting bans and we would most probably lose 20-30% of the player base. I really think the best thing to do is ignore it. Its never going to stop.
I don't feel that's a sufficient enough reason to just let them get away with it. And yes we may lose bad players but you also have to take into account a lot of old players who quit BECAUSE of these people would come back and wed keep more new players so I mean I'd rather lose the bad to gain the good.

It is sad how much drama occurs in this game. I think there are some wonderful players on here, and everyone has the potential to have a wonderful component. The people I've seen on here that have been rude or hurtful, I've also seen be friendly and kind in certain situations. Yet, a huge problem seems to be that a large portion of the player base has large personal issues and insecurities. I can't tell you how many people I get to know on here and then find out that they are struggling with some truly awful tragic issues and mental illnesses. And there's nothing wrong with that, I struggled with depression and anxiety myself and used to use myvmk as a retreat to get away from my personal issues. But, it also means that we are surrounded by a group of people who may cling to cliques in order to feel as if they belong, and take to bullying or just plain rudeness to feel better about themselves.
I've made many friends in the game over the past few years, and even some people who don't like me. And I definitely know that myvmk can bring out some wonderful, and true friendships. But being behind a computer screen where you can be selective about whom you really get to know, also means you can choose to ignore the consequences of your actions. I'm sure the good majority of players that do something on here to upset someone else wouldn't say it in front of them in person. (Or maybe some would, but I'd hope not. and it definitely isn't as easy).
Here's what I'm trying to say in response to your thread. I wish everyone would be the better man/woman and take responsibility for their actions. It would be great to apply the golden rule, that elementary students are somehow able to site, but that many of us struggle to remember. Yet, at this point, most of us are all twenty and up, spending time retreating to a game, for better or for worse. The player base is small and dwindling, and as much as it would be nice to enforce these rules, it could mean a good percentage of the few people left will be gone. Not to mention that these instances occur nearly 24/7 on the game. I see staff trying to work out what to do when situations like this arise, and often times there's no clear border on who's on the right. Things are truly trying to be worked out as much as possible. Anyways, most of us are all adults, and that being said if you see anything like this occurring, choose to take the side of compassion. Some battles are just not worth fighting.
(This is not to say if there are any instances of stalking, threatening, harassing, and abusive behavior, should not be taken seriously. In my opinion, in more extreme cases, of course, there needs to be a ban. And if any of these instances seriously occur to you and threaten the safety of your own life, please also consider talking to law enforcement.)

Yall, can we be friends? Because I like friendly people, and I agree that it needs to stay drama/clique free. I've only been back for like 2 weeks, too. I think this is an old thread, but I figured I'd comment.