Things that keep you from having fun

Thorn

Make it Green
Oops. Well if we're talking only about Disney...

I can't stand people who are walking like 3 feet in front of me and just suddenly stop to take a picture of something. Please check your blindspots before making an emergency stop.

Something that stops me from having fun also is people skipping the entire line- say 500 people- to get to their friends at the front. If that many people accumulated between you all, then you were probably hanging out somewhere else in the park and used your friend as a bookmark. Not cool. If we have to wait, you have to wait.

People in my group trying to stop the whole group also bothers me.
For instance: In my senior year of high school, one of my friends made us all (a group of 7) wait for her to get a picture with Merida, even when she asked and we all said we'd rather go watch the parade. She went into the line and said, "If you all are seriously about to make me wait here by myself you're jerks." So we all waited with her for an hour and a half (Merida had a 15 minute break) for just her to talk to Merida.

Characters can sometimes actually ruin it for me too. Again, Merida. Once we got to Merida, we were the last group before she went on another break. As we walked up she let out an exaggerated gasp and, WITHOUT HER ACCENT, said "So glad my last group is older, I have got to lose this hair."
I then let out an exaggerated gasp because we waited for an hour and a half to meet her, only for her to drop character completely for our group.

/end rant

Characters can sometimes actually ruin it for me too. Again, Merida. Once we got to Merida, we were the last group before she went on another break. As we walked up she let out an exaggerated gasp and, WITHOUT HER ACCENT, said "So glad my last group is older, I have got to lose this hair."
I then let out an exaggerated gasp because we waited for an hour and a half to meet her, only for her to drop character completely for our group.

/end rant

i can't believe she actually went out of character... i always thought disney characters were really good about that. thats really disappointing, i would of like reported them or something.. lol idk how but that would of really ruined everything, for me anyways

QueenCinderella

We went to WDW earlier this year and there are plenty of things I noticed that disappointed me. I still had loads of fun but I wish Disney would fix some of these if they could:
-Kids who are old enough to walk in strollers. Why would you take your kid to Disney and bring a stroller if they can easily walk? Hauling strollers around is a hassle, they constantly block pathways and slow traffic. Plus, it creates a negative attitude among guests towards anyone in wheeled vehicle, be it children who need strollers or people who need wheelchairs.
-Alternatively, parents who bring kids in strollers and drag them through the park all day when the kid is asleep 70% of the time. Why would spend the money on ticket if your kid is just going to sleep through it the whole time? I understand wanting to bring your kids when they are still young, but take half days, nap in the hotel room, give the kid a break and I think everyone would appreciate it more.
-Walkways that are too narrow during parade times. Namely, by the Liberty Belle station in WDW. The path way there is literally only 3-4 people wide, and is constantly blocked with strollers. It is impossible to walk there and everyone just gets stuck, unable to move, until the parade is over.
-Dusty rides. I don't know what goes into the maintenance of rides, but when I can see a thick layer of dust on every surface of the Darling's Nursery, it's time for a swiffer.
- Broken animatronics. I remember when rides would close if little things were broken to keep up the entire experience of the ride. But now I feel like the standard of quality has a decreased with things like major broken stylistic aspects of the ride going unnoticed. (The Ferris Wheel in It's a Small World was broken the entire week we were there, in addition to numerous other noticeable, broken animatronics)
- Not enough restaurants open to serve the number of guests. In the summer I'm sure this is an unsolvable problem, but when I went in the off-season, every restaurant that was open had huge lines out the door during the lunch hour, it was impossible to get a reservation anywhere, and literally the only way to find seating was to eat really early or really late, or go to Casey's Corner and carry your food across the the way to the closed Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. There was at least one restaurant in each land in MK that was closed and they were not prepared for the lunch crowd.
- The Buses.

Last edited:

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
•The Magic Kingdom Parking Lot & TTC
•THE FRICKEN SEAGULLS THAT RAID WDW DURING THE WINTER FLYING AND POOPING ALL OVER THE STINKIN' PLACE!!!
•The Brazilian Crowd (im sorry, but ya'll have no courtesy what-so-ever)
•THE PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS INTENTIONALLT SCREAM ON THE HAUNTED MANSION
•How the Mine Train line is always so long except 1 minute before closing which I'm never there for
•How the Be Out Guest restaurant is so expensive
•Why is tomorrowland always crowded?!?
•EPCOT parking lot security
•Why is Mexico always crowded?!?
•Why is the line for Toy Story Mania alwas crowded? (along with the line to meet Buzz & Woody)
•Why does the Oasis (entrance) at Animal Kingdom always stink yet the rest of the park smells fine?!?
•Why is DTD so narrow and crowded?
•And Lastly..The CPLSBG (Contemporary Parking Lot Security Booth Guys)

Everything else is just fine..

I have never been to Disney World but I will never forget when I went to Disneyland California Adventure last time there was a near nothing wait time for California Screamin'! So of course everyone was crowding in. But this woman stopped with her child right in front of me (and directly in front of the ride entrance) whilst she was yelling (might I add quite loudly) to her other child to get out of the line. SO with that being said I kindly moved in front of her since she wasn't moving! WELL then this woman shoved me forward and called me a string of cuss words and a line that included "UM EXCUSE ME I WAS WAITING FOR MY CHILD" and I politely returned "I apologize but you made no effort to move out of the entrance so I moved in front of you." What was worse was she was stuck behind me the whole time in line and I could feel her glaring at me and mumbling under her breath. Yeah worst Disney Experience ever!

VampireBoy

So if you haven't seen the live SnapChat story from today titled "UCA Championships" which is the national cheerleading championship being held right now at Disney's Wide World of Sports. I came home last night but they've been there since Thursday so I got some time to interact with everyone's favorite park guests! There are two main reasons I dislike cheerleaders at Disney a) they're there for cheerleading which is basically the annoying version of gymnastics, and this is coming from someone that's taken gymnastics since I was 11. And b) they think absolutely anywhere is a good place to practice a cheer, like "we're in the parking lot, it's time to practice back-halves!" "We're paying for our food WE'VE GOT SPIRIT YES WE DO WE'VE GOT SPIRIT HOW ABOUT YOU?" (But there literally were cheerleaders practicing in the parking lot of Coronado Springs at midnight). So yeah, I respect cheerleaders and what they can do, but I much rather go during the gymnastics world championships because those are people I can actually keep my sanity around. And no, this doesn't actually keep me from having fun, but this pretty much the Disney version of a first world problems thread.

But my question all of you is what annoys you most about your Disney trip? It could be anything.
Honestly I don't really see much of a different between the annoying cheerleaders and the annoying extremely perky Disney Princesses you see in the park that just act so perky and smile so big its completely unrealistic and basically fake when you think about it but hey that's just my opinion because honestly normal people don't act that way.

The thing that annoys me the most about my Disney trip is that I've only been there once. Busy family problems? I want to go back soon so badly. D:

okay 1.
-tbh it's not really your job to say whether or not a cast member is doing their job or not, or if they are following the rules, and such. (YOU are not their boss, ok thanks) if you see a cast member being rude, or such, report them to guest services.
-this does not apply to characters who break character as that can literally ruin a kids experience

but stuff that annoys me at the parks:
-brazillian tour groups (i tend to have a lot of patience with these guys, but they always crowd the parades, have no sense of personal space, and are really loud chanting in portugese.)
-people who have no personal space.

i kid you not, my godmothers best friends son, who is a cast member at mk, was getting talked to about the closure of the seven dwarves mine train, and her kids (about 12-13) was just literally looking at his pin lanyard as he was talking to the lady. he didnt ask the cast member (which is pin trading etiquette, mind you). and was very handsy with the pins. it's just so awkward and kinda rude, ask before you do that stuff please.