This months items - opinions

And think of the backlash they got about that beanie sale. At least then everyone had a chance of grabbing one of the 100 available as everyone had lots of prior notice to be online and be in the emporium at that time. But now they start releasing things for one day only randomly that i feel like im having to take time out of busy days to check vmk incase im missing anything.

Let me reiterate for the third time; the point was not to be fair. The point was to get as few items into the game while still making it accessible. People ASKED for an unnanounced sale and, AGAIN, life's not fair. I say this constantly; people will always complain when people don't get their way. Heck sometimes they even complain when they do! What happened happened and complaining saying it was unfair isn't gonna change it and they're still going to do them because a lot more people enjoyed the random sale then those who didn't. People have been asking for new rares and they got them! That's the point!

And the backlash from the beanie sale was that with only 100 sold it wasn't open to everyone. Well now it's technically open to everyone but they didn't want thousands put into the game so they did it unnanounced. Not to mention every active MyVMK player knows they release new items at the end of the month. If you chose to not get on to check on that and happened to see the 24hr sale (which everyone else did) that's not Amy's fault.

They accomplished their point with the skull beanie flash sale, everyone had a chance to get online and get one but with this flash sale it only happened to be the people who were online that day. Now which is better? Everyone had a chance or only the people online that day had a chance?
And think of the backlash they got about that beanie sale. At least then everyone had a chance of grabbing one of the 100 available as everyone had lots of prior notice to be online and be in the emporium at that time. But now they start releasing things for one day only randomly that i feel like im having to take time out of busy days to check vmk incase im missing anything.
With the black beanie, everyone knew ahead of time which meant everyone and their 50 clones were on. It lagged everything so badly that the system couldn't even correctly tell people that the hats had been sold already. It was a test run, and the TBT sales are exactly what some of us suggested instead of a strict number of items for sale.

It's not that difficult to take a minute or two out of your day to check the forum homepage. It has the twitter feed right on it, so you don't even have to go on twitter.

I'm kinda bummed I missed the flash sale since I was out of town but was there anything new released minus the elephant mask? I'm pretty sure I had everything else.

KaySeeKay15

My personal opinion is that what they did was awesome and exactly what everyone had been asking for all summer. It's nice to know our requests are listened to! I know everyone doesn't necessarily agree with me, and that's okay! But I would just like Amy and others to know that some players really appreciate what she did and is doing! :-)

Let me reiterate for the third time; the point was not to be fair. The point was to get as few items into the game while still making it accessible. People ASKED for an unnanounced sale and, AGAIN, life's not fair. I say this constantly; people will always complain when people don't get their way. Heck sometimes they even complain when they do! What happened happened and complaining saying it was unfair isn't gonna change it and they're still going to do them because a lot more people enjoyed the random sale then those who didn't. People have been asking for new rares and they got them! That's the point!
Personally I didn't care for the recent flash sale because I didn't like the item(s) I'm just more annoyed with them generally not announcing stuff. Again I can't be online 24/7 and neither can a bunch of other people and no apparently they do not post everything on Twitter. Yeah life is definitely not fair, I'm heavily very aware of that...but items are already hard to get in this horrible trading system/economy. I'm not saying this is unfair, it's just annoying really.
People and including I will complain more that things are still ridiculously priced and want more old items in game to actually get a chance in having that item. But that's never going to happen of course. Then there's a reason I don't want new items because I don't like them sometimes and not worth getting on. Kudos to people who do like them, awesome good for them :thumbsup:.
I'm sorry but it's like staff wants us to see us rage and not consider into other things. Also are they not suppose to "care" about rareness/values? So why make it hard on us by limiting some stuff? People are going to forget about that item once they traded it off or keep it for their collection (unless it's a black beanie type of deal) and move on.
It's very understandable if they're going to do something rare like the black beanie, but doing flash sales on monthly themed items?..... :2cents::dizzy:

I completely understand its not supposed to be fair and everyone cant get one and they want to release an item in a small quantity, great fair enough. But i dont think that I should have to be constantly reminding myself to check vmk every single day incase they start releasing stuff for only a day. Heck at least they could put in the newsletter that one day this week(random day) there will be items on sale, at least i would have known to pop on everyday to check. With the flash sale if i hadnt got hold of a beanie at least i could have said to myself oh well it was just luck whoever got one and better luck next time. At least everyone knew when it was and had a chance to be there for it, whether or not they were able to get their hands on one. And everyone who logged on clones was pointless anyway because they checked every ip adress(or whatever) only recieved one beanie. Which makes the beanie flash sale much more fair than this! There are people who logged on that day who could have bought as many items as they wanted and sold them for how much they wanted making tonns of cash. Luckily the items that were sold arent as lusted after as the beanie was but if they were people could make millions just because they happened to be online that day. While everyone else who is unable to do so gets nothing. At least with the beanie everyone could only buy 1 if they managed to get hold of 1.

For everyone saying you should have checked the twitter feed on the homepage, im going to be honest. I never really scroll down that far because my go-to is the newsletter(which never seems to be updated correctly and ontime) or the forums. I actually checked both of these and saw nothing about the flash sale so assumed it was a normal day. The feed is usually only to announce host events/cancellations i.e more dissapointment.

To those people saying it isnt worth complaining because "they cant please everyone and they will continue to do things because more people liked it than those who complained" no, just no. Did they do another flash sale like the beanie? No because people complained. And if they realise people arent happy about this one they wont do this again either. @Cowboy_Pirate

And the backlash from the beanie sale was that with only 100 sold it wasn't open to everyone. Well now it's technically open to everyone but they didn't want thousands put into the game so they did it unnanounced. Not to mention every active MyVMK player knows they release new items at the end of the month. If you chose to not get on to check on that and happened to see the 24hr sale (which everyone else did) that's not Amy's fault.
Im an active vmk player and i know theyre supposed to release items at the end of the week friday or now sunday as its supposed to be. Not at the end of the month. This was a wednesday. All the releases had been offtime this month again and i did not expect another release until the new month began.

Oh and another thing, the mask isnt even that rare. Deffinately not as rare as the beanie. Most people who were online that day stocked up on that mask expecting to make money, i know many people who bought at least 5 and some who bought more. If they want "rare" items. They need to be limited like the beanie. And limited to 1per person

Im done arguing. Your only point is "it isnt fair" or compairing it to the beanie flash sale. They changed it up to try and accommodate more people. Didnt get the item then buy it. Dont have time to check myvmk daily youre going to miss things. Thats just how it is. Theyre doing 24 hour sales all month. Cant read the newfeed from twitter thats not myvmk's fault. They posted there was a sale.

Im an active vmk player and i know theyre supposed to release items at the end of the week friday or now sunday as its supposed to be. Not at the end of the month. This was a wednesday. All the releases had been offtime this month again and i did not expect another release until the new month began.
Yea I'm going to agree with the items being offtime, It's very hard to know when there are releases AND for the fact they missed a week or two. Cannot predict everything and was not expecting anything either. Can we blame ourselves? No, not this time.

@Cowboy_Pirate going to be honest, im complaining about this more for others than myself as i imagine a good percentage of the community didnt know about the sale either. It doesnt work making a rare item this way when someone could buy 100 of them themselves making it just as "rare" as the flash sale from one person. And they can make a tonn of money from it. Yeah it happened im not going to sit and dwell about it id just like to see it done differently in the future so everyone at least has a CHANCE of obtaining an item and it isnt based on whoever was online on a particular day.

You should be able to see it in 2 places, the main log in page there is a feed right below the login, and right were you see the feed section on home page, you should see the feed there. I have no clue why your not able to :(
So I checked Chrome and was able to see the feed. I took my Ad Blocker off for all MyVMK pages on Firefox and that did the trick. Its still a bit odd because I have the same Ad Blocker on all my browsers but it was only an issue on Firefox. Anywho, thanks @Midien for your reply and sorry to the thread creator for disrupting the flow of this thread :)