trade rooms, you annoy me

When I go to a room that says in it's name and info that it's a trade room, I go there with the intention to TRADE. But more often than not, there is always one or two side conversations that dominate the room. I don't mind side conversations, but not when I have to repeat myself 20+ times and the people talking aren't even there to trade. It's always some little clique, and I know I'm not the only one irritated by this. Even if I make my own trade room, I still have to boot people for this, who later throw a fit.

Bottom line, sorry to be blunt, how about you not go to a trade room if you're going to annoy everyone :D

And yes, I do know I can come to forums for trading. I do sometimes, but more often then not a post already has 20+ comments, or is ignored if you don't have "super rares". And I just like in game better.

Off my soap box now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myth

Trade rooms are meant for trading. Socializing to a small degree is fine, but that's not the purpose of the room. (that's like going to a cute or boot and start trying to promote trading which people get very upset about because it distracts the purpose of the game room.) I go into trade rooms and ask people politely to move their friend cliques to a private room so that they don't disturb the people who are legitimately trying to trade, and they get mad at me. Isn't that completely hypocritical of the above example? Naturally, people create trade rooms because they know that the room will gain popularity and attention because people go to trade rooms to socialize. If you want to socialize with your friends or cliques, make a separate room for that so the people who are trying to trade can do so without feeling intimidated by large groups of people who are just there for attention. A lot of people have been referring the trade rooms in MyVMK to the ones in VFK and saying that our economy is heading towards the corrupt economy of VFK. If you know anything about VFK, you know that there's always a trade room at the top of the list where little to no people are actually trading and everyone else is fighting with each other or being cliquey. I don't want MyVMK to be like this. Luckily people have been promoting game rooms more which is good, and once quest kiosks are sold there will be a major rise in quest rooms. Sadly with a lot of members being offline a lot, people can get bored and go straight to trade rooms to socialize because that's where a lot of people are. I get that. I just wish the tables would turn and the focus of trading in trade rooms would be more common. I know a lot of people will say, "well that's where my friends are so if I want to socialize with them then I can". Well obviously, but if your personal conversation is flooding the chat log and people's trades are being hidden because of this, then just go to your own room. It'll ease the headache of the other people. This isn't directed towards anyone in specific, I just have seen a long trend of this happening and it's been bothering me a lot.

(I posted a thread saying that ^^ and it got deleted for being a "rant thread")

Thought I was the only person annoyed by this.
Sadly, there's not much way to stop it unless the room owner boots people doing it which of course, knowing the people on here, will cause lots of dramas.

Sophia

It's so annoying, happened again tonight, I can't even be friends with the people who do that. I have my group of friends but I never meet up with them in a trade room and start annoyingly talking about dumb things (literally the same clique who seems to only talk about things from 2001) because I know and respect that people go in a TRADE ROOM to TRADE. I also noticed that people who do this just play for the social aspect of this game and don't really care about items or releases, I don't get why they can't just hang in their own guest room or just chat in Skype.

Honestly it feels like these people kind of WANT you to see their conversations and/or get some sort of empowerment from socializing in a virtually public setting. Just my thoughts.

@Grizzly Thanks for the comment! It's appreciated. If I come up with any ideas, I will be sure to let you know.

@Sophia Yes! If game rooms are respected, why can't it be the same way with trades? Even if I politely ask that they cool it with their convos, they just blow it out of the water. I don't see why they can't go to their own room as well.

@Jerimiah People don't mind when socializing happens. It's when their conversation clogs up the room making it difficult to go to do what one came for. And I'm allowed to complain, as are others. I don't expect things to bam boom change because of it (but hey check out Grizzly's comment); I was venting, god forbid I do that right?, and it looks as if plenty others agree.

Bindingkey

Literally I and many other players have built rooms for the purpose of socializing and they are barren because all the people who do socialize lounge about in trade rooms annoying the people actually trading. if you just want to talk with friends and trade casually then just go/make a room for that purpose. like seriously why.