Try the Disney College Program

PirateStewy

Resident Pirate
I completed my time in the Disney College Program at Walt Disney World yesterday. I had been there since February working in Future World North West Merchandise. I had the time of my life. It was really hard to say goodbye to everyone and see them go back to their homes around the world.

To those who have a love for the Disney Parks and wish to help make the magic for Guests of all ages, I highly recommend doing the Disney College Program. It is absolutely life-changing.

I did not want to leave, but, as Walt said...

Last edited:

PirateStewy

Resident Pirate
@Neda
Well my college major is Vocal Music Performance, but it didn't really have to tie in. Everyone has the same opportunity for roles, so I decided to try something new rather than doing Entertainment.
As for classes, workshops, and seminars, they are all pretty much business strategy-related courses. One of them was centered around Creativity and looked interesting. I didn't see that course registration was open in time, so I missed out on the ones I wanted to do.

Even if you don't take courses during the Disney College Program, you are still taught in-depth business skills by one of the most successful companies in the world. I have gotten confirmation that the DCP is one of the best things to have on your resume, whether you want to stay with Disney or not. It follows you the rest of your life and opens many doors of opportunity.

PirateStewy

Resident Pirate
@MagicIshaan
Be energetic. Know that if you don't know the answer to a Guest's question or do not speak their language, help the best you can, then get someone who can help. NEVER say "I don't know".
But above all,
BE
ENERGETIC.
It can be the determining factor of getting accepted or not.

gibgatz

Le Freak, C'est Chic
May be applying for summer 2016 - especially interested in being a character performer. Anyone have any advice? Do you have to be a certain height to be certain characters?

kiddy

May be applying for summer 2016 - especially interested in being a character performer. Anyone have any advice? Do you have to be a certain height to be certain characters?
Hi lol I'm also interested in character performer and they do have height requirements, how tall are you

can u please explain it? Is it like you just work there for a year? How do u get classes? .-. Do u just work there or do u work and learn? xD

can u please explain it? Is it like you just work there for a year? How do u get classes? .-. Do u just work there or do u work and learn? xD
During my program I had originally signed up to take a class (Experiental Learning or something like that), however the credits wouldn't transfer for my major in my university and I was having issues getting my work schedule fixed to give me time between class and work for transportation. There are a ton of different courses you can take, but its important to talk to your advisors at your university to see what can transfer. There are also different programming and speakers you can attend the events for.

So I didn't take classes and just worked and extended my program length from early February 2015 -late July 2015.