Update needed!

Hiya,

I am a VMK veteran and used to played the former VMK off and on from beginning to end. I loved it as a kid and often, after the closure, overtime would check in on the site/demolish of the site. Yesterday, I thought of looking it up again and found this lovely beta site! I am so excited to be able to play again!! As I've been playing, I've noticed a lot of things are under construction (which is totally understandable, it's a lot of work I'm sure and I applaud everyone trying to get this thing up and running again--it looks amazing so far) and I, quite honeslty, have kind of forgotten HOW to play the game (like quests and cool stuff and all that jazz). I know VMK is how you make it and you can do whatever you please (within limits, of course) but one of the things that drew me to VMK as a kid was all the quests and tasks and things. And so I was kind of hoping for a bit of a kinda sorta tutorial/refresher of the game!

I've been poking around the forum for awhile now and haven't stumbled across anything that's answered my questions. But if there is one, feel free to just point me in that direction! I've noticed these posts about "Hosts" which I don't really fully understand. While I said I was a longterm player before, it's been awhile since I've played VMK and I haven't been following any of the other attempts at remaking the game, only this one.

SO long story short, I guess I was hoping for kind of an update on this new version compared to the old/tutorial/refresher/any info you want to share with me, I will most gladly appreciate.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. You guys rock.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Welcome! I was a player from Day 1 on the old one and have only been on here for a couple of weeks, but maybe i can try to fill you in:

• No pirates game yet (Though there have been some promising testing videos/pics posted!)
  • No haunted mansion game yet
  • No music mixer game yet
  • No quest kiosks yet, or tomorrowland quests (Though those should be here soon hopefully, they were supposed to be here last month, but they ran into issues i guess)
  • Last month was dream month, which meant twice a day HOSTS (basically in-game staff) would go around to random rooms and give random people dream stuff
  • This month is waterpark month. Theres a host event calender (seems to be one a day mostly), with different guest room games with prizes each day. Those queues can get really long really fast so if you try to get into one, try to get in it as soon as it opens
  • Something to keep in mind is that the trade value of a lot of items is very different from original VMK. Theres a thread in the trading forum that does a pretty good job at laying out the value of a lot of rare items.
  • Most of the time people value items, it is in GC's, or Giftcards. Retired now, giftcards were an item you could buy for 10,000 credits, and sell for 9,500, making it easy for trading credits. Actual giftcards are rarely traded and probably valued above their 10k purchase price.
  • Right now the only way to earn credits is Jungle Cruise, Fireworks, and visiting NPC's each day (I believe theres 6? Yeti, Dragon, Esmerelda, Ned, Blackbeard, Blue Bayou Gator) (Added 2 other ways down below)
  • To buy items, click the shop button on your menu, i dont think the physical shops actually work atm.
  • Theres also threads in the trade forum with the release dates of a lot of items, if you wanted to check when certain items were released!
  • Also, theres the Sword in the Stone (Honestly dont remember if it was in the original VMK). You ride the rides in the fantasyland courtyard, sometimes you get a Sword in the Stone magic. You can use that magic to try to pull the sword. If you do, you get a prize! Either one of the 5 pins from the month, or credits.
  • Also a new thing is the shell minigame in the Captains Quest Quarters. If more than 5 people are in the room, shells appear, and you get 10 credits for every one you walk over.

Thats all i can think of right now, if you have any questions or want to meet up in game, let me know! Maybe someone who has been here longer than me can add some stuff.

EDIT - added a few more things i thought of

Last edited:

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I edited in a few more i thought of! If you want some of the dream pins from this past month, i have quite a few extra's i dont need, and would be happy to gift to you!

Oh wow, that's very nice of you! I think I'm good at the moment but that's very sweet and really, thanks for all the info. It helps job my memory a bit.

There have been a few random quests under the Q button to date, they usually announce them on the twitter feed, if you don't have twitter you can still see the posts on the home page here (right side at top)