VMK in the name or not?

Do You Want The New MMK name to have the word VMK in it or Something Completely New?

• Must Have VMK in the name

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Ive been seeing a lot of people wanting to have VMK in the name like VMKR or MYVMK or MVMK or whatnot. Do you want VMK in the name? Or do you want a completely new name like what Amy had in mind for MMK or My Mystical Kingdom?

I would prefer VMK was in the name, just so that it's easily recognizable by other people who used to play it, but I don't think it's necessary. I'm fine with MMK or something else, but I don't think they are the best options. The name could also be VMK, but stand for Virtual Mystic Kingdom or something. I don't feel too strongly about the issue though.

I would prefer it, but I wouldn't mind if it didn't. But if someone who used to play came across MMK (or whatever it's name will be) they'll be like "Wait, VMK?" That's the main reason, in my opinion.

Geggy

For the sake argument, let's consider this: on the whole, this will be VMK. It won't be exactly like VMK in every way, but it will utilize the same graphics and much of the same game-play. The mini games will likely be the same as well.

Since this game will be as much of a remake as anyone outside of Disney can do, then I think it should have the name "VMK" in the name somewhere.

Also, ex-players who finally hear about it's recreation will more easily find it if "VMK" is in the name. :geek:

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
espressonist said:
Are there any legal issues attached to using VMK? It would be something to consider.
{This is why it isn't wise to have VMK as the majority of the name.

-Tessa?

Tessa said:
espressonist said:
Are there any legal issues attached to using VMK? It would be something to consider.

-Tessa?

The game is already using the graphics, sound, music and items of Disney. How would changing the name make any difference?

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
DisneyFan said:
Tessa said:
espressonist said:

-Tessa?

The game is already using the graphics, sound, music and items of Disney. How would changing the name make any difference?
{The game itself and the name are significantly different.

-Tessa?

Geggy

espressonist said:
Are you forgetting the intellectual property rights of Disney images, Disney-created graphics, Disney-created gameplay, etc.? There are no more or less legal ramifications for using VMK in the name of the game whose intellectual property is being utilized without their permission.

I highly doubt that Disney will pursue this (or any other) venture at recreating VMK. Why? Because they are always "moving forward, and not looking back." Of course, just because I highly doubt something doesn't mean it won't come true. I think in this case, though, there is precedent. Time will tell, however.

Geggy said:
espressonist said:
Are you forgetting the intellectual property rights of Disney images, Disney-created graphics, Disney-created gameplay, etc.? There are no more or less legal ramifications for using VMK in the name of the game whose intellectual property is being utilized without their permission.

I highly doubt that Disney will pursue this (or any other) venture at recreating VMK. Why? Because they are always "moving forward, and not looking back." Of course, just because I highly doubt something doesn't mean it won't come true. I think in this case, though, there is precedent. Time will tell, however.
That's very true.