VMK Monopoly Game Guide

CCocoaGal

Here's how this works.

START BY VOTING FOR A GAME TYPE:
HALF GAME ENDS AT: 5 rounds, when someone reaches 5 properties owned on the board, or when there is one person left.

FULL GAME ENDS AT: 10 rounds, when someone reaches 10 properties owned on the board, or when there is one person left.

NEXT ROLL TO SEE WHO GOES FIRST! - Highest roll starts and the order is clockwise from them!

SPACES:
  • LAND ON/PASS GO: You get another house in your inventory.

• GO: Space with a lamp on it. Brown properties are first on board (so order of movement around board is clockwise).

• JAIL: Spaces in the middle of the game board.
  • GO TO JAIL: Bottom right space.
  • JUST VISITING JAIL: Top left space.

• RAILROAD (polls): You may teleport to anywhere around the board with another railroad.

• INCOME TAX (spaces w/ crocs): PAY UP! Put a house you have on a property back into your inventory.

• GO TO JAIL/JAIL: You go to jail by landing on the go to jail space or rolling double three times in a row. Only way to get out? Lose a house completely from your inventory, or take one chance to roll doubles in order to get out of jail.

• CHANCE (sword in stone): Time for an extra roll! It might benefit you negatively OR positively... There's only one way to find out! NEGATIVE ROLL: Any "Bad roll" in special combos (you lose a house. POSITIVE ROLL: Any "Good roll" in special combos or doubles (you get a house in your inventory)

• COMMUNITY CHEST (treasure): You get 1 chance to roll doubles. If you do, you get to place a new house on any property on the board!

• BASKET: You forgot to pay your taxes and the repo man/woman is here to collect. Give up a house or property.

• LAND ON ANOTHER PERSON'S PROPERTY: Pay them rent. Give them a house either in your inventory or a property.

• LAND ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY: Just visiting, but in style. Obtain a new house in your inventory.

• MONOPOLY: Those who land on your spaces with the monopoly must pay double the rent.
ROLLS:
Doubles: Move your spaces and you can roll again!
- 2 DOUBLES IN A ROW: You obtain a new house in your inventory!
- 3 DOUBLES IN A ROW: Sucks... Go to jail! Lose a house on the board or in your inventory.
Consecutives/In Order: Move up twice. First the low number, than the high number.
- EXAMPLE: (1,2), (4,5), etc.

SPECIAL COMBOS:
  • (1,3)/(3,1)/(3,6)/(6,3) - BAD ROLL. Lose a turn.

• (1,6)/(6,1) - GOOD LUCK. You get to place a new house anywhere on the board.
I couldn't have made this game without the generosity of several people, so I would like to thank the people whose help has made this happen.

THANK YOU:
- Chansu
- Marleigh
- Kirene

*I, however, would like to clarify that I did come up with the game idea entirely on my own. These people mentioned above were generous money and furniture donors.*

Last edited:

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
I just finished playing my first game of this and it was a lot of fun! I have always like real Monopoly and getting to play it on MyVmk was just as fun! I recommend this game to others if you happen to get the opportunity! <3

Note to other players: The rules are very close to the real game with a few slight differences. So it is really easy to play if you already know how to play the real life version.

AlexanderH

Waiting for 2028
Having just had the pleasure of winning this game, I can attest that it was a whole lot of fun! The way it works is simple, yet, because of the way the rules are set up, it's not predictable who's going to win until the very end! That keeps things interesting and was my favourite part.

Last edited:

CCocoaGal

OPEN! :D!
Winner will receive: 5k and a rare pin
All participants will leave with: 1k and a pin