VMK pass bug?

Lindsay

I was in line for the host event today at 2:30. I was number 40 something. I went to get the VMK pass so I could talk to my friends while I waiting and a blank popup box appeared. With no options other than to close my screen and reopen it, I closed it, and when I was able to enter the room again I was at 280.

What's the reasoning behind this? It seems like with VMK pass there's only a 50% or lower chance of it working, as I've had to reload my pages more than I've been able to actually get the pass.

Question

Very Questionable
if that happens you should probably just leave it because you'll still be able to enter the room, you just don't have the luxury of being out and about while in line

Simone

Just a girl waiting for the return of the shoutbox
um why would you relog? That was a horrible choice. You still would've gotten in the game and only would have been w/o your friends for 20 min(probably less)..... the pass still works and I'm sure you talk to them out of game as well.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I was in line for the host event today at 2:30. I was number 40 something. I went to get the VMK pass so I could talk to my friends while I waiting and a blank popup box appeared. With no options other than to close my screen and reopen it, I closed it, and when I was able to enter the room again I was at 280.

What's the reasoning behind this? It seems like with VMK pass there's only a 50% or lower chance of it working, as I've had to reload my pages more than I've been able to actually get the pass.
This has been an issue for a while. The Pass only works for me at a high chance of success if I have just logged in before the event. So some times I will log out before the event and then log back in.

And guys, she probably didn't know that she could just wait the queue out till she got in :P Learn new things everyday.

Fotogirl

If that happens to me I just wait it out. Took me a few times of doing what you did to figure out I could just stay in line and still get in the game. Sometime if you get the blank box you can click and hold on the box and move it out of the way to see what number you are in line. Sometimes that doesn't work either. Usually, for me, if it comes up blank I can move it, if it comes up with only the cancel button I can't ok or move it. If it happens to come up with both ok and cancel buttons I can usually get a pass and it works like its supposed to. Hope this helps you next time you find your self with a blank box for a host game room pass.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
it's usually a chance i am willing to take, and if it doesn't work i just wait!

iamabigdisfan

I don't use the pass any more due to problems. I used it for a weekend event, seemed to be working fine, until I was sent to storybookland. I can actually say it worked for me twice then it went down hill after that. :(
It would be a great thing to chat, ride Pan or Alice or play a game if it just worked properly.

Lindsay

Thanks for the responses, everybody! I wasn't sure if I would have stayed connected or in the queue or not. Now I know to just wait it out next time :3 Also, is there a way to have the thread locked now that it's resolved kind of?

um why would you relog? That was a horrible choice. You still would've gotten in the game and only would have been w/o your friends for 20 min(probably less)..... the pass still works and I'm sure you talk to them out of game as well.
Um because I wasn't sure what was going on? It wasn't a horrible choice, it was an uninformed choice. I wasn't sure if I was going to get in the room, if I was going to DC, if I was stuck, etc etc.