Vouchers

Awesomemagic

Prices of certain items have gotten incredibly high, and I've seen people talking about rereleasing OG/expensive items. I think it's an awesome idea, but we need to be very careful about the way it's done. VMK has a problem with RNG. The primary way items are distributed: HOST events, SITS, POTC chests and the new butterfly event, all reward players who dedicate a lot of time to a fairly dull, sometimes soul sucking grind. This grind is often lacking in player interaction, and has contributed to my own slow down in play interest. The best, but most underdeveloped, parts of VMK (imo) are the 'Top Players of the Month' section of the newsletter and the monthly game leaderboards. Winning in the 'Top Player' section requires a lot of creativity, and being at the top of the leaderboards requires a lot of skill. Despite this, the rewards for these activities are pretty lackluster/borderline nonexistent. I think we should add a 'Gold Voucher' as a prize for these activities to make participating more desirable. The 'Gold Voucher' would be a redeemable item (nontradable) that gives a player their choice of one item from a list of curated expensive items. Off the top of my head, it would include: Dancing Inferno (Red), Minnie Ears, Stitch Hat, Green Flip (+ others). The curated items would change depending on their value such that, should an item lose value, it can be removed and replaced with another item. I think this is the best way to go about 'rereleasing' these items because it
1. doesnt flood the game with a bunch of previously expensive items, annoying dedicated grinders (less than 10 vouchers would be given a month, probably)
2. rewards the type of community interactions (guest room making, actual minigame playing) that have been on the backbuner for much of myVMK's history
3. Allows new/returning players a feeling of "attainability", meaning that there's a clear way by which they can attain items that might be far out of their price range
Implementing this would be a little complicated, and require good foresight on potential problems, but I think it would be worth it for the health of the game. MyVMK has been killing it lately, and I think this would be icing on the cake. What do you guys think about this 'voucher' system? What items would you want to be a part of the list?