Walt Disney Studios

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I went in September 2012 on one of their Vacation Club tours that took up a whole day. It was so cool to be there, I even bought something from the gift shop LOL! I also saw an ABC show being tapped, it's called "Back in The Game".

This may be a bit random, but fun fact: They use to have an active studio in Orlando, that made several movies (Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, so on..), but they decided to move all production to California.
The old studio is currently open to the public, and it's inside Disney World's Hollywood Studio's. There are several attractions, and a lot of character spots. :) It's a bit tucked away, so don't forget to step in for a moment if you're at WDW.

Fotogirl

There is a tour at WDW called the Backstage Magic Tour. It takes you behind the scenes in different areas of each park. I did this tour a few years ago and was well worth the $$. It was $200 back then and I think now its around $250. We got to see back stage at the American Experience and how the animatronics work there. We also got an up close and personal tour thru the costuming department at Hollywood Studios where they make all the costumes for all the Disney parks all over the world. We were taken thru the floral department where they make all the arrangements for all the resorts as well as weddings and the holiday decorations used throughout all the parks. We had lunch at Mama Melrose's Restaurant. We were also taken into the Utilidors located under Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. We were also taken to the area where they refurbish ride cars and vehicles. Maintain all the animated characters like those in Small World, Splash Mountain etc. Part of the tour also included the laundry where all the different CM report to pick up and drop off their uniforms for cleaning and repair. That same building included the dressing rooms where all the different characters go to get ready for parades and being out and about in parks. It was a very interesting day and one I would do again if I have the opportunity to even though its a bit pricey. I know they have changed some of the tour since I did it and some of it is the same. I wouldn't hesitate doing any of the tours offered at any park. Disney makes it worth your time and money imho.

Elias

Suitcase and a Dream
Has anyone here ever been to the Walt Disney Studios? I want to go someday and check it out/take a tour but I've never been. I bet it's really cool inside with tons of cool plaques, awards, and old pictures.

This is the place I am referring to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_Studios_(Burbank)
I formally work as the Creative Consultant for the Disney Store in West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada... however, I actually worked in the Frank G. Wells Building at the Walt Disney Studios for a brief few weeks when we were getting our team's exhibit ready for the Disney D23 Expo 2013. There was many an afternoon (and sometimes evenings) where I'd wander around the lot just soaking in the atmosphere... you can just feel the spirit of Walt and the history of this place. I'd often tear up when thinking about where I was. I had many helpings of Walt Disney's Own Chili and Beans recipe in the studio commissary, it was delicious! I walked the grounds, studying every nook and cranny. I strolled through the Lengends Plaza in front of the Team Disney Building (also called the Michael D. Eisner Building), and looked at all the Disney Legends that have their hands and names on concrete plaques on the walls (of course I put my hands in some of the legend's hands to see how I measured up). I also had the wonderful experience of peaking inside the original Animation Building, and although it has been changed over the years and no longer produces animation in there... if you close your eyes you can hear the echoing voices, footsteps, and clatter of Walt and his staff in the busy halls of that building. Today, that building is mostly production offices. The only building I really didn't get to go inside was the building that had Walt's old office in it, but I could see his third-story corner office windows from the lot below. I believe I have a few pictures of myself in the Legends Plaza. I could post those, if anyone is interested in seeing those. :)

Last edited: