Water.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
Not sure if this can be classified as an actual debate, but...
do you believe that all water tastes the same?
What I mean by that is: do you think all tap, filtered, and bottle water tastes alike or do they all have different tastes?

I know some people who claim that they all taste exactly alike. I find that hard to believe, though. I drink bottled water a lot and have pretty much tried every brand of bottled water. I know there are some I like way more than others.
For example, I think Dasani tastes gross, but Nestle Pure Life tastes really good. Aquafina is another brand that I think tastes good. Evian and Fiji aren't my favorites, but they are way better than Dasani.

Maybe I'm just picky and weird, but to me different waters have different tastes. You'd think all water would taste same because, well, it's water.

Exodus

You're not the only one. I've tried filtered, bottled, tap, distilled, mineral, and even fresh spring water before. YES WATER CAN HAVE A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT QUALITY. Or I just might be a supertaster ;) Evian and Fiji are pretty good compared to other brands.

Klamath

wants to go to france
I think water has a lot of different tastes, most notable in bottled water like Dasani and Arrowhead. I actually like Dasani water over most other bottled brands because everything else tastes funny (go figure). Some kinds of water taste different because they accumulate different amounts of chemicals and minerals; distilled water, for example, is considered flat-tasting because it's just water--nothing else. Mineral, spring, purified, tap, and other types of non-distilled water usually have minerals in them, so they may all seem different in flavor due to the mineral content. Some companies also add sodium and extra minerals to their water bottles to give that extra taste.

As for peoples' personal tastes, I guess it comes down to perception and whatever they've been exposed to. My tap water at home tastes funny so I shy away from all kinds of tap water. I get my water from a purifier, so that problem is kind of solved. If I'm not at home, I usually just drink bottled water (Dasani is my first choice, haha).

it definitely does have different tastes depending on how much or how little hard water ions you've got swimming around in there.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Yes it does. Whenever I go on vacation at WDW I never drink tap water, because it's so bad. If you ever visited Milwaukee or Chicago and had water from the tap here, you would know that Lake Michigan water is as good as it gets.

I sometimes can tell the difference in water, but prefer tap over bottled since its healthier, cheaper, and better for the earth. Every single person I know hates the water at Orlando (does anyone know why it tastes that way) but I only noticed it a couple of years ago and I have to admit that I love it. It always reminds me of splash mountain and brings me back to when I was younger and went on splash. You're going to think I am weird, but I sometimes even fill a bottle of the Orlando tap water up and drink it when I am back home to remind me Disney. Yes, I am weird. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BuddyByte

Legendary Hero
I live in a house that is connected to a well, and I'm really sensitive to the taste and smell of city water. I think city water (from places like New York, WDW, etc.) is rather gross. I don't really find much of a taste difference between bottled water, but I can tell which ones taste less pure than others.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
Yes it does. Whenever I go on vacation at WDW I never drink tap water, because it's so bad. If you ever visited Milwaukee or Chicago and had water from the tap here, you would know that Lake Michigan water is as good as it gets.
i have been to hotels in chicago and around chicago and the tap water just tastes awful, so does the ice from the ice machines

philitup

The Internet Champion!
i have been to hotels in chicago and around chicago and the tap water just tastes awful, so does the ice from the ice machines
Hmmm. I've never been to a hotel there, I've always stayed at my friends house. But the drinking fountains are pretty bad, so IDK. Maybe it's more of an inner city thing. LOL

kalyee

I don't drink bottled water, so I don't really have anything to contribute on that, but water definitely tastes different depending on where it's coming from.
I've traveled a ton, and it was always fun to figure out which states tap water tasted the best/worst.
The water from our tap tastes different than what comes from the fridge or water filter, but after a few sips it all ends up tasting like "water" to me.

One of the reasons tap water tastes so bad in big cities and places like Nevada, Utah, Arizona, (aka desert areas) is because there are either a lot of people or no water (or a combination, like Vegas) and they are forced to use not such great water and chlorinate it in order for it to be potable. I stick to my reverse osmosis water :)

Yes. Living in Oregon, with some of the best tap water ever IMO, whenever I go to California or Washington I HAVE to drink bottled water because I just can't stand the taste of water from other states o.o

Water itself tastes exactly the same. But depending on if it's purified, where it comes from, etc. The taste can change. But water itself would all taste the same because its... water. I mean if you got PURE H2O