Well then..

IMO I think this is atrocious and annoying. I don't even...
EDIT: Original video removed. Link found by Acey.
[youtube]LiaYDPRedWQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
LOL! "atrocious" is the exact word I used for it earlier. :p
While I think the song/video is cringeworthy and obnoxious, I wouldn't call it cultural appropriation or racism as many are claiming it to be. From what I'm hearing, Avril is very popular in Japan and the song/video was obviously targeted for the Japanese fanbase. If you've watched J-Pop or K-Pop videos, you'll know that this video is far less extravagant (the robot dancers are pretty strange, though). If they like it and are not offended, it's not racist. The only thing I'm offended by is how horribly done it was. I mean...wow...this is right up there with Friday. :stare: What's with these singers being so desperate for the shock factor? Whether they actually have it or not, these recent popular songs and videos have been terribly tasteless and talentless.

bobsbestgame

I grew up listening to her (6 sisters, they tended to overplay certain artists, like her. But I didn't mind bc she was/is hot) and she has some really awesome songs! Lyrically and choreographically, this song sucks. However, she did a great job of creating a musical overlay dubstep/electronic. With this being one of the most current trends in music culture, props to her. But c'mon avril you can do better hun.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
i can't watch it because youtube took it down ahaha, but i have heard about how awful this is and i don't want to watch it

Klamath

wants to go to france
I thought the song was okay. I liked the main verses, but that's it. Pretty experimental for Avril, but since it was made for her Japanese audience, it's not really outlandish of a track (or so I think). It did have success in Japan and charted in South Korea, so some people like it. :)

I wish more effort was made in the music video... it's almost atrocious. The backup dancers look ghastly and bored lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk